Bria iPhone Edition is an award-winning SIP-based softphone for the iPhone and iPod touch – brought to you by CounterPath Corporation, the market leader of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
• Pre-defined VoIP provider list available when adding new accounts
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
• HD audio codecs including G.722, OPUS and SILK
• Video in 720p HD when using VP8 on iPhone 5 or later
• Supported accessories include headsets and headphones, as well as Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Multiple account support for up to 25 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List and Contact Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
• Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722(HD), GSM, OPUS and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS and SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups and call quality statistics
PREMIUM FEATURES – OPTIONAL IN-APP PURCHASE
• Messaging and Presence – with XMPP and SIP SIMPLE support
• Video Calls – using H.264 and VP8 video codecs. Video in 720p HD when using VP8 on iPhone 5 or later
• G.729 Audio Codec
• AMR-Wideband Audio Codec
For more information on Bria iPhone Edition’s features, please visit: http://www.counterpath.com/bria-iphone-edition.html
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.
The applications Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client was published
in the category Productivity on 2010-06-12 and
was developed by CounterPath Corporation.
The file size is 93.96 MB.
The current version is 3.9.3 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Bria iPhone Edition 3.9.3
Improved support for running Bria in the background on iOS 10.3. See Preferences > Background Support. Turn on Enhanced mode to enable improved backgrounding on iOS 10.3+. This may consume more battery.
This is a rip off partnership and because this is a third party app, airtimesharing might not have a way to stop this theft ! I added $5 to my account. Called and hung up after 2.49 minutes and the call log said I talked for 12.49 minutes. The call keeps getting disconnected and funds being deducted.
I'm so happy with Bria. It has really come a long way integrating well with the native phone app. The best part about Bria is that you can not only record calls, but share them wirelessly. This has been a request from many users for a long time, since you could only previously access recorded calls through iTunes.
Hear me now believe me later this is the only soft phone app that actually works and is reliable. It's not free but it's worth every bit of the purchase price.
Not working in the background. Update: It was working properly before. I have changed it to enhanced. Will see how this works.
Très bonne application de VoIP. Très bonne integration avec iOS
The app works perfectly on wi-fi. My only complaint is that I cannot make outbound calls unless I'm on wi-fi, if I do the call cuts off after 10-15 seconds. This has been ongoing for the past year, a fix would be greatly appreciated.
I'm so happy with my new phone system that uses Bria. It gives me a professional edge without having to pay for an expensive phone system.
Bria is the better SIP for iPhones and iPads. I gave it a great review a few days ago, but man!... This app is broken. Cannot call other devices in the same network. The iPhone version doesn't receive calls. I submitted a ticket in their website, but no answer from their technical support. I guess I have to wait for an update. 4/23/17 Update is here. App stays connected with new enhanced feature, but now it consumes 80% of my battery. I guess now I have to wait for the new update.
Works perfect to get my office calls on my iPhone when I'm away from my desk. Best is that when I call out, the recipient sees my office number.
It works awesome for me probably 98% of the time, I have had some issues very rarely with connection problems, not receiving calls, etc. These issues while infrequent are extremely frustrating and therefore 4 stars.
A lot of issues with voice connection even with a good connection. Very very frustrating.
It would like to have two copies of the app on the same phone to use it with multiple extensions
I love the Bria , it works perfectly!
Hi dear Bria team. There are some bugs in your App that make it hard to use. After opening the App and making calls, when you refer to call history on iPhone , it freezes for a short time. Also some times connectivity quality is excellent but voice hearing is poor like jitter sound. If you fix these two problems the App will be great. Thanks so much.
I use the iPhone version of the app as a portable office phone, getting calls from extensions. Works great on wifi and LTE when running errands or field work. Calls actually sound better then my desk phone.
No issues, it's a great app.
Works great with my iPhone when needing to use my work phone as my primary calling method. Very clear calls with no drop. One oddity with the calls that occurred was when someone called my cell phone and the call went mute. Other than that, everything worked great.
Works very well over wifi, and 4G. Comunication is not reliable over 3G, using the iPhone contacts represents a problem with prefix. It is a portable office
The application works perfectly. It is quite reliable when I'm on Wi-Fi and it's also just a reliable when I'm out on my cell phone.
I have tried just about all the Softphone apps. By far the best! Worth every penny.