It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices!
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels!
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content.
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV!
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires DIRECTV & AT&T Mobility postpaid data service or an eligible prepaid monthly plan. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
The applications DIRECTV was published
in the category Entertainment on 2009-03-30 and
was developed by DIRECTV, Inc..
The file size is 190.28 MB.
The current version is 5.12.001 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
As many others have commented, ever since the AT&T merge this app no longer works! I have been in contact with DirectTv several times but they were no help!! Very frustrated and annoyed that I’m paying for a service that isn’t even available! Please fix this app issue ASAP!!
This app has generally been decent until yesterday when it continues to say “my log in/ATT I’d cannot be found” yet again it’s not directing me to log in anywhere!!. I missed the Golden State Warriors game because of this......complete useless app, do not download! Huge company with a cheap app SMH! Your killing me smalls....
I cannot even log in to the app because I typed in my password wrong one time and then every time u open the app it directs u to the App Store. I have deleted the app and opened it again but it says the same thing that my information is incorrect try again but I cannot try it again because it sent me to the App Store. This isn’t my first problem with the app and I’ve had enough of it.
No Local Channels stream live on the app
Sign in using correct username and password just to get an unknown error which directs me to the App Store by default. This all happens as a result of updating to the latest release. Don’t update if you have an iPhone 8 on latest iOS 12.xx
Ok so I have an IPhone 8 and my Direct Tv app keeps telling me that my email doesn’t exist and to try again. So I press ok and it takes me back to the App Store. Uuugh I have been dealing with this for months now. I call Direct tv and they tell me it’s my phone that is not working. Any suggestions???? ANYone?!?!
I love watching but hate when I have to go to a diff area in my phone and then need to search for my program and hope it resumes where I left off
So so bad. Direct TV and this app has gone from pretty good to just plain terrible. I have spent many hours on the phone with Direct TV customer service, technical service , etc. This app is a joke. I cannot steam any recorded programs from this app on my new 6th generation iPad. After installation of their Geni 2 and my new iPad, I still cannot stream any recordings. So, so frustrating. Luckily, I can stream from many other different companies via their apps, i.e. Hallmark app, Netflix app, iTunes ,etc. but not this company. Oh no, they cannot get it together since AT&T took over Direct TV. UGH
Had direct tv last year and was really happy with the app. Had to get rid of direct tv then got it back again a few months ago. Have tried getting the app to launch for the past few months and keep getting an error message. Very frustrating. No idea what’s wrong with app. Have updated to the newest version and nothing changes.
The app takes forever to open and load. I don’t know why it doesn’t save my info when u get on the app to log in someone needs to fix the bug fixes or something. Cuz this is frustrating. And I travel away from home a lot. And I can’t even use this app to record shows!!!!
This app makes me want to throw my phone across the room! I have deleted and redownloaded multiple multiple times, and it still CRASHES every. single. time. So frustrating.
This app will not let me sign in even though I know my information and changed the password. It says error then blinks me to the AppStore to attempt to re download it.
I can’t access direct tv on my phone, I call for help and get some that is in another country, that can’t help. All I get is reset your password.
This is by far the worst app in the history of apps. I cannot wait to switch to dish.
This app stinks. I’ve had Directv for 2 months or more, called Directv, and nobody can get my app to pull-up on my iOS devices
It takes for ever to load. It freezes constantly. You have to open and close the app to and three times before it will quit initializing. It’s not worth the frustration of trying to watch until they fix bugs.
Not gonna get into detail but just wait until you have a billing issue and you will see where I’m coming from. I gave it 4 stars for the app in general but DTV in a while is a rip off but I’ll continue to pay lol
Needs an overhaul. I constantly have to delete n re download to get anything to work. The same annoying problems have been going on for 2 years and no fixes. Great work for a tech company!?!?👎🏼🤬
The app does not work at all. AT&T and Direct TV need to fix their broken apps or I am going somewhere else. The apps have been broken since began service with AT&T and Direct TV.