Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• New! Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices.
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
• iPhone® 5 or later, iPod touch ® 5th generation running iOS 9 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account registered on DIRECTV's website to access the DIRECTV app for tablets
• Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or 3G/4G Internet connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires DIRECTV & AT&T Mobility postpaid data service or an eligible prepaid monthly plan. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
in rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
The applications DIRECTV was published
in the category Entertainment on 2009-03-30 and
was developed by DIRECTV, Inc..
The file size is 186.98 MB.
The current version is 5.15.004 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
* Bug Fixes & Enhancements
Telemundo won’t show at all all the time . Every other channel is ok on live streaming
This app is crap. Ever since you pushed the one sign on, it will not work. I try to enter my info and it says,”Whoops, looks like you entered an invalid character.” I delete the app and restore it and this happens every single time. The app is worthless now! Very frustrating!
I’m not happy
I like but I have issues getting connected quickly.
When I go into the DIRECTV app to watch DIRECTV on my apple iPhone, ESPN is the default channel that comes up. When I go to change the channel the sound of ESPN never leaves. So, I get the picture of my channel and the sound of ESPN. Totally unacceptable service!! I am paying for crap! It’s making me consider going back to Verizon or T-Mobile.
APP IS TRASH!!!!!! I’ve been with DirecTV for years and when I first signed up for this app everything worked just fine. I was able to watch every channel without any problem. But over time it started acting up and now I can’t watch certain channels like NFL NETWORK and live games that are played on local channels I pay for. It’s ridiculous that I can’t watch a simple nfl game that’s played on Sundays on that particular channel but as the game goes off I can watch the channel again. And the fact that I can record a movie or show at home but can’t watch it from the app unless I’m at the house is stupid as well. It Keeps saying I must be connected to home network and the only time I’m connected to the home network is when I’m actually at home. Then The fact that I have to have an internet signal to even go on the app is dumb as hell. I download shows n movies all the time so I can watch them offline because I work out in the oilfield and there’s no service where I’m at but I can’t go into the app unless I have a signal for it to load and log in for whatever reason. I have Netflix and I’m able to download movies and watch them without any signal at all times. Why is the DirecTV app any different? And then to top it off why can’t I watch my nfl Sunday ticket games that I pay for with the DirecTV App. I’m paying you guys for this stuff and the channels are there to watch but you can’t watch them on the DirecTV App. I had to go download the NFL Network App just to watch the NFL Network channel. I had to Download the NFL SundayTicket App to watch the Games but for sm reason this app wouldn’t work any this past season for the first time in years so I wasn’t any games on any device at all. I had to wait until I was home to watch games. And I remind you that I’m only home one week a month. This DirecTV App is trash and needs a total makeover because I pay too much money for tv service to not to be able to use the apps to watch certain channels I pay extra for. You guys deserve a half a star for this junk. I promise if it wasn’t for the NFL SundayTicket I wouldn’t even deal with DirecTV cuz that’s the only reason I’m with you guys. So fix this app and the SundayTicket app so I can continue enjoying what I love
I love this app when it works but every once in a while a account verification notice comes up. I have entered my ID and password correctly and it keeps giving me the error “whoops! Looks like you entered an invalid character.” It forces you to call customer service and this is never a smooth fix. If your lucky you can get it fixed by talking to the CORRECT person who knows how to get you up and going again. Rarely this happens!!!! I wish they would do like any other utility company and just cut off my service if I don’t pay my bill and scratch the account verification. This is giving Directv a very bad reputation. They do not listen to their customers at all. I have read the reviews and it seems I'm not the only customer having the SAME ISSUE.
Customer service is complete trash
Tv a donde quiera que voy mis programas favoritos
When it works it’s great. It’s too expensive for satellite tv to not be able to access the app w/o technical problems. I would LOVE this app if it worked. It’s been down for two days.
This app takes forever to load – if it ever loads at all – most of the time I wait five minutes for nothing to happen and then I shut the app down and frustration just to try again and have it not load. This app is totally worthless.
The app will not allow me to login. I continually get an error message after attempting to do so. Anything that involves AT&T is turning to garbage.
I have tried to use the app multiple times and keeps telling me my email and password combination doesn’t exist.
I love it
Needs to keep track of what has been watched and needs to organize episodes better. Often out of order and missing
When I opened the DirecTV AP today, it required an upgrade. When I downloaded it curiously missing were channels that I have on my DirecTV subscription, but it included some premier channels that I don’t subscribe to. Interesting that it eliminated Fox News Channel and Fox Business Channel but included both CNN and MSNBC. Wonder why?
This app will not load what is the use of having it if I can’t use it. Worse experience I’ve ever had.
I’m trying to open the app and I only see this error message, totally useless.
This app I was able to log in about 2 days and now I can’t log in. It says I have invalid characters. Worse app I ever had.