djay 2 for iPhone App Description & Overview
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPhone or iPod touch..
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPhone 5S or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3, Vestax Spin 2, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
djay 2 for iPhone supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPod touch 4th and 5th generation running iOS 7 or later. Auto-gain, wave colors, and key lock require iPhone 4S or better. Key detection and matching requires iPhone 5S or better.
• All-new Spotify browse section: explore by new releases, featured playlists, genres, and moods
• Updated Apple Watch app for watchOS 3 with improved performance
• Improved overall app performance
• Improved stereo audio output when using iPhone built-in speakers
• Added support for seeking in the iOS lock screen and control center
• Added "Jump to Cue Point" setting for Automix
• Fixed pre-cueing when using HDMI adapter
• Various fixes and improvements
Thank you for using djay. Please support us by rating the app with every update. We are looking forward to your feedback!
Do you like djay 2 for iPhone apps? Please share!
djay 2 for iPhone App Tips & Tricks
djay 2 for iPhone Screenshots
djay 2 for iPhone Reviews
DJ Tazzy Taz
By Tazzy Taz
Great app, just 1 problem 4 me ....if possible can u fix the soUnd wave whn the FX r being used...whn i use the FX, the muzik volume lowers... im sure to the amatuer he /she wud not notice but to a more pro like me, i can.... I only bring this up cus it take to much tyme to bring the "gain" up and down whn uzin these FX.....beside that, all is great as stated n the previous statement at the start...great job guyz....
I have Apple Music
I have Apple Music and not Spotify. So I wasted $2 because you can't use Apple Music with this app. 5 stars even though I can't use the app at all
Don't waste your money if you want to use Apple Music 🙄
I spent 1.99 on this app just to be told all the music I have from Apple Music is DRM protected. This crazy...they need fix this ASAP. As long as I'm paying for the service I should be able to listen to the music how I want.
Cannot log into Spotify connection AGAIN!!!!!!
Im really disappointed in you guys, I have sent many complaints regarding this "error 8"that keeps appearing on Spotify and you guys have done nothing to resolve this matter or run some sort of update that would repair this error. Prior to all this, the app worked fine for the many years that I've had it, but you guys fell off. I guess my money was well spent until this point I guess. I've deleted your app. It was nice while it lasted.
Best app for sure!
I got djay 2 through Kindle's free app of the day deal, and I absolutely loved it. So much, that I decided to get it here for my iPhone. Mobile gigs are a breeze with djay 2, and I really think this app is true to its name and power.
Keep it up, algoriddim, and don't stop making this amazing.
Cool App Great To Practice On
Can't log into Spotify. Error code 8
I can't sync my PREMIUM Spotify account with this app. A problem that others have and yet, no sense of urgency from the app team to fix this issue. Just wrong. Sad!
To keep it brief the app is pretty awesome but, the only thing I wish I was able to do is play music from my apple music. Is there any way to make this possible? If so please make a solution! That's the only thing that is missing!
SPOTIFY LOG IN ERROR
says it can't log in to spotify (error 8) please fix this issue. i'm on iphone 6s +
Who Needs Equipment!?
Why spend 2000 dollars on equipments when you can buy this app for 2 dollars. It's just as good as the real deal!
Love this app
By far the best dj app on the market
By Just tyffi
I use this every Friday night at the hangOut and I have a controller but this one is more convenient and the crew loves it . Thanks Dj