Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client App Description & Overview
Bria iPhone Edition is an award-winning SIP-based softphone for the iPhone and iPod touch – brought to you by CounterPath Corporation, the market leader of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
• Pre-defined VoIP provider list available when adding new accounts
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
• HD audio codecs including G.722, OPUS and SILK
• Video in 720p HD when using VP8 on iPhone 5 or later
• Supported accessories include headsets and headphones, as well as Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Multiple account support for up to 25 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List and Contact Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
• Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722(HD), GSM, OPUS and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS and SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups and call quality statistics
PREMIUM FEATURES – OPTIONAL IN-APP PURCHASE
• Messaging and Presence – with XMPP and SIP SIMPLE support
• Video Calls – using H.264 and VP8 video codecs. Video in 720p HD when using VP8 on iPhone 5 or later
• G.729 Audio Codec
• AMR-Wideband Audio Codec
For more information on Bria iPhone Edition’s features, please visit: http://www.counterpath.com/bria-iphone-edition.html
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.
Bria iPhone Edition 3.9.3
Improved support for running Bria in the background on iOS 10.3. See Preferences > Background Support. Turn on Enhanced mode to enable improved backgrounding on iOS 10.3+. This may consume more battery.
Do you like Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client apps? Please share!
Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client App Tips & Tricks
Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client Screenshots
Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client Video
Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client Reviews
Works perfect to get my office calls on my iPhone when I'm away from my desk. Best is that when I call out, the recipient sees my office number.
Really good not perfect
It works awesome for me probably 98% of the time, I have had some issues very rarely with connection problems, not receiving calls, etc. These issues while infrequent are extremely frustrating and therefore 4 stars.
My patients think I'm calling from the office when I'm home relaxing. Love it.
Bria is the better SIP for iPhones and iPads. I gave it a great review a few days ago, but man!... This app is broken. Cannot call other devices in the same network. The iPhone version doesn't receive calls. I submitted a ticket in their website, but no answer from their technical support. I guess I have to wait for an update.
Does what it's supposed to do and does it very well.
Fixed 3.9.1 Issues for me
By 512KB — 32GB
The update from 3.9.1 to 3.9.2 fixed the problem I compained about below. Thank you! :-)
Now for a general review.
The Bria iPhone & iPad apps are not cheap and neither are the optional codecs, and it's a bummer they are sold as separate apps. However, they have many features and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a VOIP app for iOS.
________ My now old review for a previous version ________
In going from 3.8.2 to 3.9.1 they introduced a massive performance penalty on iPhone 4s. I hope they fix it, because it became unsuably slow, taking up to 1 minute to connect to my provider. It also quits in the background so that each time I open the app to see if it's connected, I find it's not, and then have to wait 45 seconds for it to register with my provider, when it used to take 5 seconds! Skip the 3.9.1 update.
It's a great app but needs updating
It's a great app! But it needs a new update! Ever since iOS 10.3 I can no longer use it as unless I keep my phone unlocked all the time I miss all my phone calls. It's not a notification setting. It's the app as others have also commented on
BROKEN PLEASE FIX!!!!
Please fix your broken iPhone app. We just purchased this app and it was working well until the latest iOS updates. It is totally broken as stated in other reviews. Only works when phone screen is on. Let it sleep for 60 seconds and you don't get calls. Please post an advisory on your site and an ETA for resolution ASAP.
Work as expected
Work as expected
Seems to be just fine
Does exactly what I need it to. No complaints.
By Stephen Bradley, Knoxville
We have tried a lot of SIP clients on mobile devices, as well as on computers. Nobody does it better. Period.
This last version disconnects from the account