Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• “Insights” feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves - have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand - increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure - blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
• Face Pose - correct the pose of portraits based on three dimensional models
The applications Snapseed was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2011-06-07 and
was developed by Google LLC.
The file size is 94.97 MB.
The current version is 2.18.2 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Support for iPhone X.
This app’s blemishing fixer feature is better than photoshop to be honest I use this app, “VSCO”, and “Photoshop Fix” the most! These three apps together make wonderful photos!!!!!!!!
This is the app I start with every single time I edit a photo (and it’s often the only app I use). The range of options is amazing, yet they’re all very easy to use. The ability to go back through your edits and tweak them is a great feature, as is the ability to save an editable version of your work in case you change your mind later. I also appreciate that it’s not full of offers to buy add-ons; I hate that in other apps. For all-around photo editing, this is a must-have.
I love this app! I have been using for almost a year. Now it keeps crashing. I use this app almost daily for my business. This needs fixed ASAP!
Is anyone else having issues opening their photo album to edit? The portion where I’d select the photos/album ends up in the ‘notch’ and will not let me see any of my pictures. IPhone XSmax
The ONLY editing app I’ve ever used on my phone. Crashing issue definitely needs to be fixed, and preferably a more streamline way to access and look back at previous edits and photos. Otherwise, it’s a wonderful app.
The only problem I have with it is the “healing” tool. It does a pretty good job, but once I export the photo, it shows little pieces of whatever object I was healing/removing, but doesn’t look that way in the app.
Until recently worked great. Now will not save edits to photos. Exports them to camera roll, then when opening the picture from the camera roll none of the edits are present.
On my iPhone 7 + i could tap twice at the top where it said “Straighten Angle” and the photo will adjust to 0.0. On iPhone XS Max there is no way to straighten a pic to 0.0 anymore, no auto function for this and manually is impossible to get it to 0.0 ugh
You have a great app Google...!!! It's possibly the best photographer app and you show no interest in continuing updating it or are you simply letting it fade away??? It's simply the best.
Not sure about these negative reviews. I’m using an iPhone XR and haven’t had a crash issue yet but I’m also not trying to use a free phone app to do in-depth professional photo editing. Most of you all should be good with this app. A lot of people write bad reviews when they get slightly inconvenienced but how often do they leave positive reviews? Good job with this great app, Google.
This is undoubtedly the best free photo editing tool currently in market. To the developers, App is crashing in iOS 12.1 in iPhone X while trying to open any photo. Once app is in that state, only reinstall fixes the problem. Thanks
Hello, I use snapseed literally ALL the time. And I’d really love for you to add video editing to the app because it'd make the app SO much better. Other than that; it is a great app and I recommend it to ANYONE and EVERYONE!
Used to be the best image manipulation software on iPhone. This, and other professional software by Nik was unfortunately assimilated by Google and abandoned.
Not compatible with the new iPhone and obviously google are not interested in an update because of sour grapes. Five months is a long time in app development without an update.
usually a huge fan and lover of the app, but for the last few months the app will crash as soon as I upload a photo. have deleted and re-downloaded the app a few times, but it’s still happening. hope this can get fixed with the next update.
I use this app all the time but since getting the iPhone XS Max, the app keeps freezing. I’ll need to use Lightroom until the bugs are fixed.
Snapseed is the best !
Hands down the best free photo editing app. Use it over photoshop for all my social media photos. One hundred percent recommend.
I can absolutely annoyed that your app comes with default setting 95% jpg as the standard format! After you finally upload your pictures on Instagram you’ve already lost about half the quality! I’ve edited so many images on your app and I can’t believe they could have 5% more quality if your app didn’t compress them. Super p***** off!!! You need to have this as a push notification for people who enjoy editing high quality photos who don’t want their photos compress! Soooo annoyed right now!!!!! 😤
I have been using this app for awhile. I find it the best app I would love it to have some more futures and I would be willing to pay, it works well 99% of the time which is great for a app.
This was a great app for many years but unfortunately Google bought it out for the technology and doesn't update app regularly. Now it's virtually unusable on the newest iPhones, with most recent iOS updates. It may be yet another of many examples where Google buys a great company, only to let the product die :( If you're not going to keep it alive, why not let someone else keep it going. I would be happy to pay for a regularly updated app. Please at least fix the problems. Google as a company is not looking good to consumers when they neglect their users.
I am not sure if it’s Snapseed fault but it just became useless on my iPhone 8. Every time I want to open “ All Photos “ on my device the app crashes. I used to love Snapseed. Post Scriptum. I had to review my previous review. Apparently it might be the latest IOS updates causing the Snapseed crash. I had the same problem when I tried to select photos to edit from my phone library with other apps too. A quick fix is to Copy your photo from your library and Paste it on Snapseed for editing. Snapseed is so powerful that’s worth the extra steps you might have to do in order to use this app.
En la parte selectivo La aplicación se friza. Por favor arréglenlo
I have the iPhone XS Max. and when I want to edit a photo the application freezes and I can not do anything. please fix that!
It keeps on freezing whenever I’m doing the edits. I will have to quit the app and relaunch it again. But it will freeze again.
I just love this app. I use it daily. It is simple and powerful. I’ve been using it since before Google acquired it. I pray that Google does not kill this.
It was working just fine a few days ago and now I can’t edit any photo without it freezing. Please fix ASAP as I edit photos with Snapseed every day for my work.
Went from being the very best to crash city - get you act together - loving for a new app 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
This is my favorite photo editing app, but it’s been crashing constantly on my new XS Max. No matter what I do (close the app, restart the phone, reinstall the app) it freezes the entire phone & crashes. I bought this phone to edit photos more easily, but sadly I can’t do it with Snapseed anymore. Really hope they release an update ASAP.
I’m so frustrated with the app on iPhone X keeps crashing and freezing. I’ve loved it when I have my 7 but this is just ridiculous. So bummed.
I love this app so much! Similar to photoshop, so easy to use and the design is great! Highly recommend, photos look great after it!
Always use this app for writing on my pictures and it was great,but after update I can’t make the texts smaller, the writing is all over my picture !
I love this app so much. I use it daily to add text and effects to my posts on instagram stories. It helps them stand out so well. But lately I’ve realised with my text, it will only write on one line? In order to write in multiple lines I have to add each line in one by one which is extremely annoying and you also dont get the full effect of the font you have selected. Hope this is resolved soon
So disappointed the new update has ruined the text feature. It’s impossible to use now
I've never reviewed an app but I really feel like I need to say this. The new interface is awful. I understand what's trying to be achieved, the extra features etc but the absolute best thing about snapseed was the user friendly interface. I'm a graphic designer, it's fine for me to direct myself around it's features but I have always suggested snapseed to friends boasting it as 'photoshop on your phone but much easier'. That's not the case anymore. I love snapseed but you've just alienated a huge portion of users with the lasted update.
A great app with one huge flaw. The most recent feature – RAW editing – doesn't work for any of the listed supported cameras that I own. DNG direct from the iPhone is fine and works well (though lacks any kind of noise reduction), but this seems to be the only RAW file I've had any success opening.
Snapseed is my favourite photo-editing app because of how simple it is to use. I like the new "Insights" feature as well. However, I think the accuracy of the Healing and Transformation settings could be improved a bit. Sometimes when correcting a few things the picture goes a bit..wonky. Maybe it's just because I'm not using it properly ;-P Awesome app nontheless.
Since I performed the update there were issues opening the app so had to delete to reinstall but unable to install.
Make sure you scroll down for all the main features from the old version after updating to 2.x, people think it's all gone, but it is there, betterr than ever!