THIS APP WORKS ON ANY iPAD/iPHONE INCLUDING 6/6+
Designed by a photographer for photographers, focused on RELIABILITY and PRECISION for digital and analog photography.
• Extended sensibility as low as -2/-4EV (dark scenes)
• Two different convenient interface designs.
• Incident and reflected light metering modes.
• Independent calibration for the two metering modes.
• Independent selection of aperture, speed, ISO and exposure compensation with 1/3 resolution. From 4 minutes to 1/8000 sec., aperture from 1.0 to 512 and iso from 3 to 6400.
• Automatic priority for aperture or speed. (Automatic Av and Tv modes).
• Automatic ISO or locked ISO options.
• Spot metering and zoomed camera view.
• Maximum aperture limited by the selected lens.
• Calculate the average of any number of measurements you want.
• Read the exposure data of any photo from the gallery.
• Calculate hyperfocal distance for 5 memorized lenses. Which also blocks maximum aperture.
• Memory for 5 lenses with maximum aperture, focal length and film/sensor size for calculating hyperfocal distance and aperture.
• Hyperfocal distance also for infrared light. (IR button)
• Exposure value EV on an analog scale or right up front.
• Two LED indicators show whether the measurement is unreliable due to lack of light in the scene, or if we have under 30% battery left.
• On 3.5 " displays preset lens buttons tilting the device or tapping at the bottom.
• Screen help available touching Lightmeter PRO
• Be advised that accurate incident light reading needs a diffuser attached to the front camera. Without the diffuser still can be used but think about it, it will be a reflected reading taken with the front camera.
I'm an independent photographer/designer/developer and am very grateful for your support. Trying to do the best lightmeter app ever, a lot more to come. You can ask for any improvement and I'll be happy to help. This app is constantly reviewed and improved because it is my tool, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me by email at [email protected]
The applications myLightMeter PRO was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2012-12-14 and
was developed by David Quiles.
The file size is 32.01 MB.
The current version is 1.5 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
• iOS 11 ready
• A few bugs fixed
• New setting for the volume buttons.
I like it except the fact that it doesn’t take it from a strobe. Please add that in to complete the meter app.
I’ll use this app on photo shoots when I’m shooting cameras like a Mamiya C330 or RB67 that don’t have meters. Outside during the day I’m happy to go with just “sunny16,” but shooting indoors or in more of a studio environment with film cameras, this app has been very helpful. Thanks guys!
How do you even use this thing ? Should have a video on how to use it. Bummer I paid for this.
It’s still amazing to use a iPhone in this capacity and it’s works well! Very satisfied!!!!
I generally use a physical meter and use this one to calibrate it. Very accurate.
A very comprehensive app that I use regularly. I shoot film with cameras that are completely manual so having a reliable meter on my phone is invaluable. I recommend this app!
Accurate, simple and fun. Best of all, very handy. I use it with older cameras that don’t have built in light meters.
I shoot film with a Leica and a Rolleiflex that have no meters.Since I always have my phone this app is so handy. Accurate.
Since I do a bit of film and have an EOS-M that doesn’t preview manual lenses well, this app is a perfect fit for me. In addition, I can take comparison shots on various apps and get an idea for how I can make film presets in On1.
Works nicely for the price
This is such a great app. Handy and reliable. Love the vintage GUI. Easy to use.
This app is the most efficient and easy to use light meter app. The perfect tool to use with my manual camera.
A great accessory for tricky lighting situations.
I’ve been using this a couple time and find that it’s surprisingly accurate yet simple to use. Highly recommend to every film camera photographers :)
Well implemented app. Checked against my Weston light meter, and it seems to be really accurate. Easier to read and interpret too.
A handy app to take readings when out and about with meterless vintage cameras. The Gossen-inspired UI works a treat.
I press The average button, then i take more than one light reading which should give The average between the previous readings and The last one every time i press hold and read the light....but it simply doesn't work :( Did anybody find out? A part of that works good
I have an old western master and this is just like using the real thing. Well done!
Just missing f/1.7 for some reason, max aperture of my 40mm lens, otherwise works great
This is a wonderful app that fits the bill for my needs. I use it for settings and conversions when I shoot with my pinhole camera and have had no issues.
Accurate and easy to use! Well worth having!
Use it all the time for my film cameras. Mamiya m645 and Yashica A and the exposures are almost always perfect if they’re not it’s usually my error if so. The app does what it says and works great!
I first use the free version. I liked it. But now with the pro version, I love this like meter. It’s perhaps my favorite app, and I’m not and apps. I highly recommend the Pro version.
I am a camera repair technician, I recommend this app to my customers that have cameras with non- functioning light meters, due to it's accuracy. The only wish I have is that the hyperfocal distances could be toggled from meters to feet.
This meter helps me understand how my camera works! If I go manual the meter guides me toward better pictures!
Works very well
I’ve esed hanhdheld meters for a half-century or so. This one works great!
Seems like a real light meter but at a fraction of the cost. Mine is consistently about a stop under exposed but I just adjusted the asa accordingly to get consistent results