THIS APP WORKS ON ANY iPAD/iPHONE INCLUDING 6/6+
Designed by a photographer for photographers, focused on RELIABILITY and PRECISION for digital and analog photography.
• Extended sensibility as low as -2/-4EV (dark scenes)
• Two different convenient interface designs.
• Incident and reflected light metering modes.
• Independent calibration for the two metering modes.
• Independent selection of aperture, speed, ISO and exposure compensation with 1/3 resolution. From 4 minutes to 1/8000 sec., aperture from 1.0 to 512 and iso from 3 to 6400.
• Automatic priority for aperture or speed. (Automatic Av and Tv modes).
• Automatic ISO or locked ISO options.
• Spot metering and zoomed camera view.
• Maximum aperture limited by the selected lens.
• Calculate the average of any number of measurements you want.
• Read the exposure data of any photo from the gallery.
• Calculate hyperfocal distance for 5 memorized lenses. Which also blocks maximum aperture.
• Memory for 5 lenses with maximum aperture, focal length and film/sensor size for calculating hyperfocal distance and aperture.
• Hyperfocal distance also for infrared light. (IR button)
• Exposure value EV on an analog scale or right up front.
• Two LED indicators show whether the measurement is unreliable due to lack of light in the scene, or if we have under 30% battery left.
• On 3.5 " displays preset lens buttons tilting the device or tapping at the bottom.
• Screen help available touching Lightmeter PRO
• Be advised that accurate incident light reading needs a diffuser attached to the front camera. Without the diffuser still can be used but think about it, it will be a reflected reading taken with the front camera.
I'm an independent photographer/designer/developer and am very grateful for your support. Trying to do the best lightmeter app ever, a lot more to come. You can ask for any improvement and I'll be happy to help. This app is constantly reviewed and improved because it is my tool, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me by email at [email protected]
The applications myLightMeter PRO was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2012-12-14 and
was developed by David Quiles.
The file size is 32.01 MB.
The current version is 1.5 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
• iOS 11 ready
• A few bugs fixed
• New setting for the volume buttons.
Works nicely for the price
I really don't know much about photography. I just wanted an app that would consistently quantify brightness. I surely can't make heads or tails of the PRO version but what impresses me is how consistently reads room light even with the lights out or sunlight. I have that other app that gives lumens and color temperature but it is not consistant. This app is a real tool.
I am new to rangefinder photography and using a light meter. I downloaded myLightMeter Pro a little while back and am now working to get proficient with it. I had a question regarding its use that I could not sort out via web searches, etc. I emailed David, the developer, and he responded in roughly 12 hours with the answer. That’s tremendous support and I wish o could vibe him 10 stars for it.
Wold like to have a spot point to meter, the documentation on how to use was poor or could no find it
You really need to create a tutorial for this, everything is left to figure out on your own and not the most user friendly app.
This light meter is styled on what a basic light meter used to be like. I’m into vintage film cameras & I have used the real ones this virtual one is based on. A professional light meter it is, it’s easy to use and easy to read. Also very accurate & very in-expensive. Great basic light meter for working with film cameras & digitals alike! I have both the iOS & the android version.
I’ve been very happy with this App. Convenient and very accurate! A great purchase.
Does the job quite well. Happy with this app when I am doing small events
I have been using this meter for about 6 months it works great The only addition I would like to see are more tutorials on how and when to use each of the modes.
Works great for me. Got correct exposure on both rolls of film I have had processed so far.
This is such a great app. Handy and reliable. Love the vintage GUI. Easy to use.
This app is the most efficient and easy to use light meter app. The perfect tool to use with my manual camera.
A great accessory for tricky lighting situations.
I’ve been using this a couple time and find that it’s surprisingly accurate yet simple to use. Highly recommend to every film camera photographers :)
Well implemented app. Checked against my Weston light meter, and it seems to be really accurate. Easier to read and interpret too.
A handy app to take readings when out and about with meterless vintage cameras. The Gossen-inspired UI works a treat.
I press The average button, then i take more than one light reading which should give The average between the previous readings and The last one every time i press hold and read the light....but it simply doesn't work :( Did anybody find out? A part of that works good
I have an old western master and this is just like using the real thing. Well done!
Just missing f/1.7 for some reason, max aperture of my 40mm lens, otherwise works great
Having a light meter in your pocket all the time, brilliant. Simple to use and accurate.
I’ve esed hanhdheld meters for a half-century or so. This one works great!
Seems like a real light meter but at a fraction of the cost. Mine is consistently about a stop under exposed but I just adjusted the asa accordingly to get consistent results
Works very well and looks good.
Best one I've found. Keep it up.
I like this app a lot I still shoot some film
جربته وكان دقيق ويعطي قراءة صحيحة
I'd give it 5 Stars if only they provided greater compensation for Incident and Reflective Mode. I often shoot with filters. A Red filter can require 3 Stops compensation. This light meter won't allow you to do that. You obviously can do it in your head, but it would be so great if you could do it in the settings. They should offer 10 Stops of compensation for all the filters out there. (Some neutral density filters can require this many Stops).
This app is advertised as providing both reflected and incident readings. Only partially true. The incident functionality depends on the user placing diffusion material over the front-facing camera. This defeats the whole purpose of using a smartphone app for incident metering. This fact is stated in the instructional material provided only after the app is purchased. Deceptive at the very least. Bait-and-switch at the worst.
Nice App. Usually rely on one of two Sekonics but in a pinch this will get me close