NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad's camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights - ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.
The applications NightCap Camera was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2013-12-12 and
was developed by Realtime Dreams Limited.
The file size is 5.84 MB.
The current version is 9.5 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
Enhancements and fixes for iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
Video resolution can now be set, including 4K on recent iPhone models
Lots of people with massive expensive SLR’s And me with my iphone and nightcap - guess who got the only decent northern lights shots ! Simple easy to use and great memories
No tutorials can be found .. no help there.
I bought this app and whenever I try to access the app it just shuts down. Really disappointing for a $2.99 app and a big waste of money
Works flawlessly and produces some way out effects if used "artistically". Two improvements would be nice. 1. Always open in shooting mode. If the app is put in the background when image viewing was in use it returns to image view mode when re-activated and time is wasted getting back to shooting mode. 2. How about the option to save images in raw to make editing even better. Otherwise 5 stars.
One of the problems I have with my iPhone6s camera is that whilst the photos in low light look nice, I can never ever get the videos to look right. This app totally fixes that and the results are INCREDIBLE. You have some really good settings to tweak it but by default it produces AMAZING results, I'm just so shocked. The interface is a little bit to be desired but the actual output of this is enough to fix it. Buy it now!
Amazing improvement in quality of (especially night) pics but interface needs a redesign. Look at there Lumia camera app for a intuitive manual mode!
Hands down the best night photo app out there! Night sky photos are incredible
The single best app I have used for taking long exposure night time images. Highly recommend.
When I first downloaded this I was a bit skeptical since I've tried to use a lot of self-touted "low light" iPhone apps. I downloaded this anyway thinking it was only $1.29. To my amazement the app works really well and I tested it taking a star trail and left it on for about 90minutes. The picture looks absolutely stunning and turned out better than I thought.The lite version is rubbish and doesn't really showcase the full functions of the Pro version. I used the lite version a long time ago and decided it was rubbish and never downloded the full version and waited for a discount. Perhaps giving users full access to full functions and limited the resolution of the saved images?