AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
The applications AnkiMobile Flashcards was published in the category Education on 2010-05-27 and was developed by Ankitects Pty Ltd. The file size is 24.00 MB. The current version is 2.0.38 and works well on 9.0 and high ios versions.
- Added average answer time to today stats.
- Added review shortcuts for cmd+z and 1-4 keys on the numeric keypad.
- Fixed an issue with quotes in the find & filtered deck screens on iOS 11.
- Fixed error messages sometimes failing to appear when there's a problem syncing.
- Added a 'record voice' action for recording and playing back your voice during study.
- When studying a card in a subdeck, the study options action now asks which deck you want to
adjust options for.
- Videos will now play automatically.
- Videos no longer default to full screen on iPhones.
- Taps on the video play icon are now intepreted correctly.
- Fix template changes not being saved.
- Backups now use the .colpkg format. Please delete old .apkg backups from the Backup screen in the preferences.
- Card margins no longer depend on text size.
- Don't automatically capitalize/correct the card template text.
- Fixed the preview screen not updating when text changed in add/edit screens.
- Ensure text in template editor doesn't appear below keyboard.