AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
The applications AnkiMobile Flashcards was published
in the category Education on 2010-05-27 and
was developed by Ankitects Pty Ltd.
The file size is 18.52 MB.
The current version is 2.0.31 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
- Added actions to pause the audio, and jump forward/back 5 seconds.
- Added 'forget' & 'set date' actions for card rescheduling during review.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some preference screens from opening.
- Fixed cards zooming in when moving quickly between cards.
- Added an option to the Add/Export menu to download an .apkg file from a link, for use in schools that have Safari locked down.
- When 'never type answer' enabled, AnkiMobile now shows the field that would have been typed.
- Added a new option in the review screen to prevent zooming out when the answer side of the card is shown.
- Pinching on a card now zooms in and out like in Safari.
- Pinching also works in the preview window.
- Cards can now be added to AnkiMobile via other apps that support URL schemes - please see the manual for more info.
- Animated gifs can now be pasted into the editor from the clipboard.
- The edit screen now has an outline around the tools button to make it more discoverable.
- When adding, the first field now turns pink like the computer version when it's a duplicate.
- Added more answer button sizes to the review preferences screen.
- Added a shortcut for cloze deletion when using an external keyboard.
- The preview window now honours the selected font scale on iPads running iOS 10.
- Fix the deck list getting stuck when it was pulled down quickly.
- Fix a crash when pasting a link to a missing audio file.
- Remove the rarely used 'toggle toolbar' option in the editor.
Wonderful app, really helped improve my retention, and this is coming from someone who "isn't good at memorizing." Algorithm is genius. Only gripe is, - Anki is not user-friendly at all. It's very difficult to figure things out, you have to use the external resources to help unlike Quizlet. - I wish you could set a custom due date such as I have a test in 3 days, and it would custom tailor a plan for that to have you be done reviewing all cards and such by those 3 days.
Reaction is fast when I ask a question on the web.
I wanted to drop a quick review. I've tried using the website to review cards for about a month but the experience just wasn't as good as on computer. I wanted a near computer like experience and this app does just that. I hesitated at the cost despite knowing the value that I would get out of it, but no regrets here. I can create custom study decks in app and change the specific filter (i.e. Review cards that I've rated as good within last Y days). I generally don't try to create cards within the app, since creating content is harder in general with iPhones and iPads. Complaints against the app because of the inherent disadvantage of using iPhones and iPads to create content is unfair. I've also switched between personal phone and work phone without any issues. I do try to synchronize as often as I can and the app signals to you when the latest changes haven't been synced yet. Great job on the app and it looks like support for it continues to happen regularly.
I am simply frustrated why when adding / downloading free shared decks from its original website, cannot add more than 20 notes included decks, no matter of what is the deck includes ( if it has 500 notes, it will only load 20 of them). Please fix it, thanks
I'm in Med school and I use Anki as my "extended brain". Literally the best purchase I've had towards my medical education. Two minor complaints about functionality: Why doesn't the Apple version have "studied __ cards in __ minutes today" And why doesn't it have Again (<10 minutes) and Good (__ time). These two things are in the desktop version and they're really helpful in keeping track of my progress per day. Overall its a great flashcards program. I make my flashcards on my desktop and just do them throughout the day on my phone. Works great.
I've been looking for an Flashcard app like this forever... This app has singlehanded improved my grades, unlike other FLASHCARDS where you write on back and front and test yourself , you never really TRULY know if you learned that Flashcard. This app however forces you to be honest and if you answer truly honestly each Flashcard , it will force you to answer it correctly in few minutes and if you did good on Flashcard and finish IT TELLS YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO REVIEW TOMORROW. That's the amazing part... I wanna truly thank the developers for the time and effort you put on this product, it was WORTH 25$ for me no question..... Thanks again 🤗
5/12/17. Having trouble pinching to zoom out on the new update, zoom in works fine. Great app thanks so much, wife is jealous!
Unlike what other reviewers have said, you can in fact make flashcards using this app! Obviously it's faster to make the cards on the computer version, but THERE IS CAPABILITY TO MAKE FLASHCARDS USING THE APP. I'm very happy with this app and feel the $25 was worth it because I'm able to use it while walking to class. This opens up new time to study and is well worth the donation to the developer. Since using this app for two years now, I have not gotten less than a 3.80 GPA each semester in my university classes for my science degree. This is up from around the 3.30 term GPA's that I had received before using the program. I'm putting in the same amount of study hours as I did before using it, except now I'm working much more efficiently, so I'd definitely recommend the app!
Another big thank you for the update!
Smartfm4枚／英会話なるほどフレーズ5枚／瞬間英作文5枚／起き寝る... 『AnkiMobile Flashcards』 37分 151枚 #studyplus
Smartfm4枚／英会話なるほどフレーズ5枚／瞬間英作文4枚／起き寝る... 『AnkiMobile Flashcards』 49分 175枚 #studyplus
Smartfm7枚／英会話なるほどフレーズ7枚／瞬間英作文3枚／起き寝る英... 『AnkiMobile Flashcards』 11分 44枚 #studyplus
If you use this app regularly on your PC, this will be a lifesaver for you on the phone/iPad (once you pay one device, it can download on the other). As a medical student having to get through hundreds of flashcards per day, it is so useful to be able to pull out my phone while standing in line at the grocery, or pumping gas, or generally anywhere that it's inconvenient to use my laptop and eliminate a handful of cards throughout the day. It's absolutely worth the price, support the devs!
I still use it 5 years later on three different platforms
It serves its purpose but downside is no iCloud sync between devices and user interface is somewhat ugly
Every time i connect my Apple keyboard the app slows down and crashes on my iPad Pro
Useful and well designed flash card app. The app cannot be us d to create complex cards with formatting and math expressions. For that I use the free desktop version of Anki.
Perfect for studying Chinese/Japanese characters. My only, only complaint is that you can look over an entire deck to edit it. You can't see them all at once.... a bit frustrating when adding cards, leave it for a second then forget where you left off.
Yes, $25 for a flashcard app might seem expensive, especially since the desktop version is free. But as someone who spends several hours a week on public transportation, Anki Mobile has proved to be priceless. Anki is definitely worth it if you know how to use its features. This app has helped me tremendously in my study of Japanese. Also, the developer regularly releases updates and you can tell that he's always working hard to fix bugs. If you're wondering why the iOS app is $25 and the desktop version is free, it's probably because a desktop version would be useless since most people would just download a pirated version anyway (can't do that here unless you have a jail broken iPhone). Give credit where credit is due. Anki is a great app and you won't regret the purchase!
It's great having Anki for mobile. This my single most important app. Thank you!
How someone can charge $25 for a half asssed app beats me. I understand this thing has a large following of loyal users who get value out of it, but how can someone ever justify charging insane money for the worst user interface and usability of any app on the itunes store?? This is flashcards people, it shouldn't be like launching a space shuttle. First time in my life reaching for a user manual, and I have used some complex software without manuals. This developer needs some serious professional input in making programs.
I love anki. This is the pinnacle of flashcard programs. The PC/Mac versions are flawless. And now so is the Iphone version! They have added all the mobile features I love like adding formatting to cards. The new card editor is amazing compared to the old basic one. They have added tags to automatically be added and can be selected from drop down and cloze deletions are now supported. Only thing I would add. The ability to un-suspend cards. I still have to do this on my PC. Over all this is still the best app out there for flashcards. I am in medical school, have thousands of flashcards, and this program really is the only option if you are serious about your learning. The $20 is worth it.