New York Subway uses the official MTA subway map and includes a handy route planner.
With over seven million downloads worldwide this NYC subway map is free to download and will help you navigate around New York using the subway system.
- Uses the official MTA map of the New York subway including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.
- The easy-to-use route planner will get you from A to B on the subway and works offline for help when on the go.
- Service Status from MTA shows live information about any delays or changes with alerts sent straight to your phone.*
- Arrival boards for each subway station to check when the next train is due.
- Search for a particular subway station on the map or find the nearest station to your current location with one tap.
- Favorite your routes for quick access when on the move.
- E & E Alerts show any out of service elevators and escalators as well as an estimate for when they will return to service.
- Uber integration allows you to book a taxi within seconds and continue your journey after using the New York Subway.
- Live Twitter updates from the official @NYCTSubway with helpful travel information.
Unlock additional features:
- Did you know that not all of the subway operates 24 hours a day? Get first and last train times for every day of the week.
- Enhance your route planner with tips on the best carriage to board to be nearest the exit or platform when you’re changing service on the subway.
- Remove adverts or buy the Bulk Saver to get all of these additional features for one price.
We make apps for cities worldwide so if you’re also visiting Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles or London make sure you check out our other apps for these cities, available to download for free in the App Store.
Plan. Route. Relax.
*Whilst we endeavor that service status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when this isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control. Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MapwayApps or follow us on Twitter @MapwayApps. We would love to hear from you.
The applications New York Subway - MTA map and route planner was published
in the category Navigation on 2010-05-04 and
was developed by Mapway Limited.
The file size is 78.12 MB.
The current version is 4.3.5 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
We've made the route planner even better in this update with some behind the scenes improvements. Thank you for using New York Subway!
This is a good app for planning your trip, of course the adds are annoying, but the app works great. Give yourself the time to plan out your trip there may be delays.
Good but not great! Needs a little more work!
Don't like the add
Just started but certainly challenging and not giving such great advice today. UN is meeting so it might not be a fair test.
I use this app everyday when leaving work to know exactly when I need to leave my desk. Extremely accurate and I would hate to commute without it.
Very easy to use.
Very good tool- the Route Planner is awesome- like the way the circles at change stations undulate to help guide one Keep it up- good work
I will be starting school in August and I will be using the subway everyday, and those practice runs I've been doing I have used this app and it's great! Has a picture of the subway map and helps me get to point A to point B stress free! Would definitely recommend it!
I'm don't need this app to time the subways, I just need them to get me from point A to point B. This does the job just fine. Have use it for all me trips to NYC.
I use this primarily for service status updates and it doesn't let me down.
This app is trash. Doesn't get any of the "arrival times" correct and the one thing is does show, are delays, and that too, is delayed. Pun intended. Better off with another app.
I love the app
At launch there are full screen take over ads that can't be dismissed quickly. Can't check the map quickly because of this. And with bad signal underground the ads load very slowly.
I guess the app is fine, but the MTA never updates it to warn about service disruptions.
Way better than the app made the MTA itself. 👌
Shows the trial route and fastest routes. Very helpful