New York Subway uses the official MTA subway map and includes a handy route planner.
With over seven million downloads worldwide this NYC subway map is free to download and will help you navigate around New York using the subway system.
- Uses the official MTA map of the New York subway including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.
- The easy-to-use route planner will get you from A to B and works offline for help when on the go.
- Service Status from MTA shows live information about any delays or changes with alerts sent straight to your phone.*
- Arrival boards for each station to check when the next train is due.
- Search for a particular subway station on the map or find the nearest station to your current location with one tap.
- Favorite your routes for quick access when on the move.
- E & E Alerts show any out of service elevators and escalators as well as an estimate for when they will return to service.
- Uber integration allows you to book a taxi within seconds and continue your journey after using the New York Subway.
- Live Twitter updates from the official @NYCTSubway with helpful travel information.
Unlock additional features:
- Did you know that not all of the subway operates 24 hours a day? Get first and last train times for every day of the week.
- Enhance your route planner with tips on the best carriage to board to be nearest the exit or platform when you’re changing service.
- Remove adverts or buy the Bulk Saver to get all of these additional features for one price.
We make apps for cities worldwide so if you’re also visiting Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles or London make sure you check out our other apps for these cities, available to download for free in the App Store.
Plan. Route. Relax.
*Whilst we endeavor that service status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when this isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control.
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MapwayApps or follow us on Twitter @MapwayApps. We would love to hear from you.
The applications New York Subway - MTA map and route planner was published
in the category Navigation on 2010-05-04 and
was developed by Mapway Limited.
The file size is 75.92 MB.
The current version is 4.3.1 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
This update includes a few bug fixes and performance improvements.
I guess the app is fine, but the MTA never updates it to warn about service disruptions.
Way better than the app made the MTA itself. 👌
Shows the trial route and fastest routes. Very helpful
& tourists alike! Figure out how to traverse the transit system, from the comfort of your phone. (It saves me every time I need to use the train on the weekend too!)
Service status is accurate which in the morning is critical... simple interface and doesn't crash. Good job!
Not always accurate nor in sync, but how can you when MTA itself is a schedule failure? I also hate the unsolicited ads every time you are trying to check the next arriving train...
Inaccurate train times arrival. I checked the app and it said the train will arrive in 7 mins when I went to check again 5 mins later it still said 7 minutes. Deleting this app. It isn't helpful.
Very useful to go around the city like a local.
I'm glad the map is up-to-date but as for the Arrival Board, it's not exactly accurate. It only works for the IRT lines. Not the alphabet lines. It tells me what time it should arrive not what time when it will arrive.
very nice，very helpfun，thank you！
The app did not get an update with the new NYC 2nd Ave line.
The app is just fine. Yes it's "just a hard copy" of the actual subway map but can you pan and zoom in on the one on the wall? No but you can with this. Thanks for the great free app and for updating it regularly.
I tried plugging in my address and the address I need to get to, but neither worked. You need to already know which station you're close to and which station you want to get to, but that's why I downloaded the app in the first place, so I deleted it.
I don't think there is anything that can make a commute in NYC easier or faster, but this app does a great job of putting you on notice of schedule changes and delays. Other than that, nothing spectacular.
I love that I can use this app even when offline. I can route different destinations and been very effective for me to use this app.
This app is garbage just like the MTA. It doesn't update the information for service changes until the time the service changes. Now what sense does that make? I resent the MTA and this app earns the same angry feelings.
Love this ap!