Only Xfinity gives you more to stream on any screen. Watch live TV and Xfinity On Demand on any device at home or on the go. If you're an X1 or Instant TV Cloud DVR customer, you can also stream or download your Cloud DVR recordings to your device and watch anywhere. This app is included with your Xfinity X1 service.
- Filter by Available Out of Home to watch more than 200 channels of Live TV on the go from any available WiFi or cellular connection in the U.S.
- Choose from tens of thousands of TV shows and movies available for streaming On Demand. Filter by Available for Download to see programs available for offline viewing.
- X1 and Instant TV Cloud DVR customers can watch saved recordings from anywhere in the U.S. with an internet connection. Once downloaded, videos can be viewed offline—anytime, anywhere (including planes, trains, and automobiles).
- Favorites on X1 now sync with the Xfinity Stream app. Easily track the channels, TV shows, movies, & sports teams you love.
- If you have previously made a movie purchase On Demand, you can take these purchases with you wherever you go, right from the app!
- Trying to find a show or movie? Use the search function to see if it is available On Demand or airing soon.
Exclusive In-Home Features:
- Watch live TV streams from your entire channel lineup when on your in-home Xfinity network.
- Choose from Xfinity’s full Video On Demand library, filtered to show only the content included in your subscription at no extra charge.
- Stream rented TV shows and movies right to the app during the rental period.
- Reliable WiFi or cellular internet connection for video streaming and downloading.
- Xfinity service with a subscription to one or more eligible channels to watch live or On Demand video.
- Xfinity username and password. Forget your username or need to create one? See the help links directly below!
Get Help Signing In:
- Create an Xfinity username and password: xfinity.com/getstarted
- Look up your existing Xfinity username: xfinity.com/username
- Reset your Xfinity password: xfinity.com/password
- Help and support page: xfinity.com/support/stream/
The applications Xfinity Stream was published
in the category Entertainment on 2013-12-04 and
was developed by Comcast.
The file size is 142.27 MB.
The current version is 5.3.1 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
We were having a problem with really large downloads that just didn’t finish downloading. Super frustrating, we know. We caught the little bugger causing the problem and sent him back to 2018. Buh-bye bug!
This has the be the dumbest feature you removed which was on the xfinity tvgo app.
Not dependable and buggy.
You had it right. Now someone in my house accidentally deletes a recording. I can no longer recover it using the app while I’m traveling for work. Anytime you have “a feature no longer available”, you ruined your app. Put all the features back and don’t make anymore updates. This is coming from a 20 year customer.
I dont rent my router from comcast. I bought my own, so I can't use this app. What a ridiculous restriction. Im dropping comcast as soon as fios is available.
I love the fact we can watch tv on the go or on multiple devices BUT as of lately our app freezes in the middle of watching a movie or even trying to find something on tv to watch. Even by Clicking off the app and going back into the app it’s still would be frozen and only way we can get the app to unfreeze is deleting the app and re adding the app. It’s so frustrating when your wanting to just relax after a long day and watch some tv and you can’t.
Making it so you have to be home on wifi to watch certain shows and programs makes this app useless and irrelevant. If i’m already home why would i need this app when i can just turn on the tv....🤦♂️
Downloaded the app but it’s not launching, very frustrating!
The new update has broken the app. Not getting anything at all now. Can someone at Xfinity fix this? Very annoying.
This app is incredibly frustrating. Frequent playback errors. No video or if video, no sound. Stops mid-stream. Unable to recover. I never give bad reviews. If something is very good, I will review it. The function of this app is 100% the worst.
The app is great I every aspect except the fact that you can’t cast it onto a TV. I even tried screen mirroring on my Apple TV and it just displayed a black screen that said there was some licensing issue. It’s ridiculous that you pay for a service that you can’t use.
Every time I click on my app, it opens and tells me to download the new app, so I click that and it takes me to the app I already have, where I click “open,” and the app opens. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Whyyyy? Does the app know something you don’t? Is it like a puzzle I’m supposed to solve to make it to OT level IV? Why is this a thing?
Took away option to record a shoe from the app.
Reduced functionality to practically none. No more channel browsing with this. You have to go back each time you want to change a channel to the main guide. Real pain in the butt. No more record either but they took that ages ago. It’s Comcast. They don’t care so don’t be shocked. Also, this used to have more functionality. Now the search options are less as well. All around, exactly what you would expect from the folks at Comcast.
This app keep saying back office provision error and it’s like I’m paying a whole Lot of money for xfinity and this is how I get treated. But they don’t care they making millions
I have spent hours trying to resolve the issue but the customer service (based in India) is zero help. They take my money every month but can’t help in activating a service I pay for. Don’t waste your time or money with xFinity.
They killed the mini screen feature. Gone. If you push the iPad home button it closes the channel completely. For me it was the best feature.
PLEASE bring back the ability to record from the application! This was the best thing about the convenience and it was taken away for no reason.
Too bad...will continue to try
Why would you take away the ability to set recordings from the app?
Horribly built app to begin with, but saddest of all, no Chromecast support — 1 star. ‘Nuff said. No one wants to watch on a small phone screen. give your customers the ability push the video playback to something, and you’ll earn another star. Then you can start to tackle the rest of this dumpster fire. Also, you have the time to write cringy changelogs, but not fix glaring issues. Lol.