From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $9.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.thenewsstar.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
The applications The News-Star was published
in the category News on 2012-09-06 and
was developed by Gannett.
The file size is 76.98 MB.
The current version is 4.12.1 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
Content is relevant
The News Star is part of my morning routine. I want to be informed and the News Star keeps me up to date.
The News-Star app is easy to use, brings up the top stories quickly & has great notifications!
Much more thorough! Easy to navigate. Good job!
Enjoy having it where I can read while away from home. Keeps me up on latest happenings.
The variety of articles is enjoyable. The writing is worthy. The coverage is what is needed in this small area. Thank you very much.
I love getting great information about what going on in my home town, keep up the good work.
Very convenient and always up to date
Easy to use. The local news is readily available. The photos are great. It's nice to have all this at one's fingertips, but there is no national or world news. One has to go go to other sources or to the pc version, which is excellent, to get all the rest of the news. It does include sports, but I could do without it. I'd give it five stars if it just added national and world news. Fat chance of any change, though, with only one other reviewer.