From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $9.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.azcentral.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
The applications azcentral was published
in the category News on 2014-03-11 and
was developed by Gannett.
The file size is 76.87 MB.
The current version is 4.12.0 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
The daily roundup to prepare your day is great.
App works most of time. It's getting better sometimes slow in loading
This paper once covered topics on local and national news in the app. Now you look at local hype and promotional events unless the national stories feeds "important" stories that will run everyone to read.(Like mass shootings, etc.). Otherwise, you will see before and after pictures..
Grew up in Phoenix but no longer live there. Great for keeping informed about local activities and sports teams!
Same comment as May review. Missing articles on my iPad, but problem does not appear on my iPhone. Problem is on "Top Stories" page.
Great app. Love receiving current event notifications
I'm having the same issue as others with the app not loading fully. I take this to mean that they are throttling our ability to read even just the Top Stories. Guess this is goodbye Azcentral. I'll get my Arizona news someplace else.
Starting a couple weeks ago the bottom 2/3 of the articles are not visible. Just a blank square where each article should be. The articles on the top third of the page are fine, but when you scroll down they are blank. I have deleted and reloaded but it still has the same issue.
The app currently only displays articles on the first screen, scroll down and it's ALL blank.
I get a couple rows of stories and then nothing but blanks.
@azcentral: Phoenix traffic: Delays, detours, closures to know about this weekend
Dave Tippett Felt It Was Time For A Change: from Sarah McLellan of azcentral sports, “It’s been a long go here…
@azcentral: VIDEO: Montini: How can you possibly live in that heat?
I love AZ Central. The notifications I receive are real time giving me the news I need when I need it!
It's easy to navigate, well organized by content, and never has issues. 5 star product.
I pay $35 a month for print and subscription to this app and yet I still get full screen adds whenever you click on an article that I can't close because half of the time I cant scroll up to reach the x to close them. Have to force app to close and restart. If I could just buy print version I would as this app is worthless and so I now use other local news sites. Don't waste you time.
Good local coverage. Go to for sports.
It gets the job done of informing you of what is going on in Arizona and it wasn't too expensive. I think there is a lag though between the newest articles and them appearing on the app. I wish they fix it.
I finally let my paper copy subscription expire. $10 per month for the digital paper ($0.33/day) is a great price for good local news, beats reading personal blogs for "news".
Fantastic breaking news and outstanding in-depth investigations! Laurie Roberts and Dan Bickley are must read columns. Dennis Wagner is clearly one of the best and brightest journalists in the state. His VA coverage was second to none.
I can no longer get any local news without paying $9.99 a month! What a ripoff!!
Good local coverage.
Good publication. Easy to navigate on line, good current updated news. But sometimes will not allow "free" access.