From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $13.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.lohud.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
The applications lohud was published
in the category News on 2012-05-02 and
was developed by Gannett.
The file size is 82.67 MB.
The current version is 4.14.1 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
Lohud keeps improving its site. The stories are relevant, the graphics pictures videos and just the whole look has been modernized. They also offer links to read other papers in their "family"around the country which is really nice. Really happy with all the changes.
I miss real newspapers but the online version is very decent.
Excellent source of local information!!! I REALLY enjoy reading it. There is also "not so local" news....but you can get THAT anywhere. GREAT APP!!!!
Good app I keep I touch with what's going on in my area with no fuss.
Very comparable to other news apps out there.
1. 'Top Stories' from USA Today are 9 days old! Nothing happened in the last 8 days? 2. Daily email opens browser which asks for login when app is already installed. Email links shoul open app.
I'm very happy with this app I got my weather and news from lower Hudson. Keeps me informed and on top of the news
Great timely coverage of news in our local area. I check it out several times a day.
If you subscribe to the journal news it's a great tool. Streamlined your news and gives you options to browse. Can see older content. User friendly.
@wongkaflocka: @Zacchio_LoHud @bball_ref @trailblazers why not, vince carter did
@Zacchio_LoHud cheerleading moms are still worse
I turned off sports alerts but all of a sudden I am getting all these sports scores pushed to my phone. Can't you guys get this right!
As of new version does nothing but crash when opened on ios 7.1.2.
A joke of an app! A poor excuse for journalism!
New version update: Much improved. More of the content. You have to be a subscriber which I am $25 a month including print delivery. The iPhone app only has some of the print content. Sometimes it doesn't load like today. Ipad version has all the content but is so buggy as to be unreadable.
I enjoy the alerts and the conciseness of the stories.
It gave me a notification about some dead cats !! What like I don't need to see that
Nice new look and features but crashes on the traffic cam page.
Great app, it's very confine and up to date news and info.
I like the new look, but can't figure out a way to share or email articles from within the app. Also it would be nice to see new material at the top of the page.
The new lohud app is great. Easy to navigate - customizable and informative