The largest collection of live police, firefighter, aircraft, railroad, emergency, news, and ham radios. Be the first to know about weather, news, and crime updates.
Thanks for making us one of top 100 most downloaded iOS app since 2009. 5-0 Radio has been downloaded over 25 million times!
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Pause the feeds via the media controls on your device.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to add custom feeds
- Chat with other users
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you. They can listen in with any device that has a web browser.
- Worldwide coverage. Listen to feeds from the United States, Canada, Australia and more. Our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
*Note: Our paid app called 5-0 Radio Pro adds even more feeds - Search for "5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner" on iTunes to find it.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds depending on buffering and internet speeds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
The applications 5-0 Radio Police Scanner was published
in the category Utilities on 2010-02-18 and
was developed by Smartest Apps LLC.
The file size is 35.93 MB.
The current version is 41.4 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
- New feeds added
- Various bug fixes
Can’t hear all the transmissions from any specific area ... There is a lot of dead air, meaning nothing being said when there should be.
Voice difficult to understand.
Doesn’t cover townships
There’s no sound
I can barley notice adds and every station is on here
PERFECT, I AM A AMATEUR RADIO LICENSE HOLDER, THE RADIO SETTING WONDERFUL.
I am getting NOTHING from this APP!
I dnt here anything
I am wondering what the private channels are saying in Monterey County.
👸🏻🖤👮🏻♂️ I get to listen to Daddy while he’s at work...it’s a great app 🥰
Very good app
Husband Cfa volunteer, purchase equipment that simply doesn’t work but with this app, I can know what’s happening and when he’s back to station and all is good . Love it
Excellent, keep you informed about what is going on in your area.
Not much good here in central Victoria when police have gone to a different frequency.. Can’t get anything now
I liked this app, but now that you got rid of the Gippsland police radio I’m deleting the app
This is one of the most reliable police scanner on the App Store and would suggest this to everyone who wants to listen in to the police
Looks great. But no voices heard
Great app. Doesn’t always scan that well and sometimes will get “stuck” scanning for local departments, but great when it works.
I live in the Madison county area In Mississippi and I can’t listen to it on the police scanner can you please add
How can I get radio can for Roseville fire for my scanner. Thanks
Like that I can mark favorite areas that myself and family live and work in. Way more informative and interesting then tv lately . A source of making my day interesting now that I am retired and live alone.
The app is 100% free. The ads are non-invasive. I love it. Thank you
Great app. I listen a lot.
I love this app and use it a lot. I’ve also recommended to many people. So why the two stars? I get that there needs to be ads to keep it free (thank you btw) but the new ad system is horrible. We had a big emergency on our street and needed to know what was happening and threw the app on and the video ad came on super loud and played over what was being said in the scanner. Missed the whole thing and whether or not we needed to be concerned. Now every time I put this on, the ads are just more than intrusive. Also, after having the app going for a while, I went to see if there were any new feeds in my area and got nailed with another ad. I have the volume up to hear the scanner and the ad just scared the hell out of me and my neighbors. Please go back to just the rotating banner ads. The video ones are just horrible and defeat the purpose of being able to throw it on fast when there is trouble nearby.
The feeds for Kosciusko Co. Indiana are not correct. I have tried numerous times to contact someone who is in charge of the feeds, but that is impossible. The Kosciusko Co. Sheriffs Office and Warsaw PD are the only feeds active. The County Fire Dispatch and EMS Dispatch have been locked out and are no longer transmitted. Who has the authority to fix this? If the person providing the feed to not going to provide what is listed then it needs to be changed. Our county is mostly rural and during severe most of the weather info comes from the Fire Dept’s. This needs fixed...!
To help the developers, I have thought about using the pro version after using this app several times over the years. Just now I’ve used it on my iPhone SE.
I'm a 12 hour flight away from Colorado and yet this app can scan it live? I think it's a fake unless the author actually tells me how he does it.
It's great when it actually works.
I am in law enforcement in Ireland & I really love listening to foreign law enforcement particularly New York.
Good fun even for the not so geeky
Need gardai channels
A very good app
Very cool app if your interested in listening into emergency services!
I actually bought a scanner years ago for €115 - them days are gone it works like a dream
Damn the crimes people do stealing a statue of the Virginia Mary crazy and racist cops haha mad...