"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPhone..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates.
GPS Tracks is now available for the Mac in the Mac App Store! GPS Tracks is one of the only tracking applications to sync data between iOS and OS X.
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
Use Applications -
• Great for hiking offline, running, walking, and biking to track your route!
• Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
• Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
• Great for military navigational applications!
• Track your location/route of your activity
• Store favorite locations
• Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
• Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
• Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
• Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
• Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
• Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
• Use degrees or mils for the compass
• Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
• Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
• GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
• Map measuring tools allow you to measure area and distance on the map
• Draw or drop pins to measure
Apple Watch App
• Track your activity directly with your Apple Watch without your iPhone
• iCloud syncing (will sync between Mac, iPad, and iPhone version)
• Import/Export to Dropbox iCloud Drive or iTunes File Sharing
• Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
• Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
• Import and export tracks/coordinates in a GPX, KML, BIN, CSV, or NMEA format
• Email exported files
• Post track stats to Facebook and Twitter
• Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
• View your track on the map with the ability to replay the route
• View detailed statistics of the track
• View the waypoints saved with each track
• Add the track to the main map to view while recording a new track
• Change track color
There are many other great features.
GPS Tracks Pro (Auto-Renewing Yearly Subscription In-App Purchase)
• Use Mapbox maps, NOAA nautical charts, FAA charts, and many other alternate map sources
• Save maps for offline use
• Use custom Map Tile Server URLs
• Subscription syncs via iCloud to other devices
GPS Tracks Pro Subscriptions Available:
1-year subscription - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
SUBSCRIBERS’ AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE:
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Current subscribers may not be canceled during the active subscription period, but you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The applications GPS Tracks was published
in the category Navigation on 2011-05-26 and
was developed by DMorneault.
The file size is 19.69 MB.
The current version is 3.0.6 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
• Added Map Tools menu bar with the following options
• Create a waypoint by taking a picture
• Create a quick waypoint at your location
• Drop a waypoint on the map
• Measure map Tools
• Search for points of interest on the map
• Waypoint pictures now appear on the map directly
• Added custom camera for faster pictures
• Added ability to get elevation for waypoints for GPS Tracks Pro users
• Added ability to measure elevation angles and difference for GPS Tracks Pro users
• Map view will now adjust contrast during outdoor use
• Fixed issue where location would not update after launch
• Many other bug fixes and speed improvements
It's a good app. Lots of features. Still trying to figure out how to use
This is one of the best apps I have used. There are loads of options and features but anyone can pick it up and use immediately. I was also impressed with the ability to average recorded coordinates over time for a more accurate location reading. This is in addition to the measuring utilities, which are a nice touch. Overall a great app for someone looking to record waypoints, tracks or just measuring distances or areas.
Has a lot of good features
User friendly, versatile, and extremely useful for field work!
I'm evaluating tracking apps for a research project I'm doing. Previous versions worked great. This version has one big issue. It looks like tracker doesn't keep running when app is in the background. Tracker running in the background worked great in previous versions. I would give earlier versions five stars. I emailed the developer about this and included the track, etc. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. When this works, it will probably go back to five stars again. =========== Follow up: After a fair bit of correspondence with the developer we found it was due to a large amount of earlier data. Apple was kicking it off because it took too much memory. Wiped some of that old data (archived it first) and now it works great. Back up to five stars.
Great Job it does just about everything my Oruxmaps did on my Samsung Note 4 before it burned up. The ONLY SPECIAL REQUEST I HAVE is Can you add CAMERA Waypoints also. The reason I love GPS Tracks is the 3 File Formats KMZ & KML & GPX. Also thanks for having a Start / Stop Button to Record Track and stop and save. something that's lacking in most of these Apps. I use one of them and email out my track and the only thing the person receiving my track needs to do is click on email file to open in Google Earth of course they must have Google Earth on there Phone for the file to open up Google Earth. Now I own a Apple IPhone 7 Plus. Will never buy another Samsung phone because the inferior quality of the components they use. Super Great Job. I like that I can drop waypoints and create my own track and that the information for longitude & Latitude is also displayed upon request. Important information when you want to send a waypoint location for someone to go to. Would like to see it open Google Maps so someone could drive from there known location to a Google Maps Waypoint Location. Just add Back Track and waypoints you can move on the map to go to.
I need to put in the lat, log of where I need to be! How am I supposed to do that! I want a refund for this crappy app!!
I wanted a gps to track distance. This one is easy to use and accurate.
I would have given it 5 stars if I didn't have to purchase it twice once for my I phone and once for My I pad. It works great and I like the share feature so you can send a marker location to others in your group.
This app is short of nothing but absolutely incredible and awesome. It was very well thought out. I use it on my hunting trips all the time.
After having tried a couple of other GPS apps & grown frustrated because they were often surprisingly inaccurate, thought I'd give this one a try - it is very accurate & easy to use plus is reasonably easy on battery life - glad I switched to this gps app & would highly recommend it
Could use a bit more information on individual features, just to help the user navigate their first time around. Otherwise it's simple and easy to set waypoints and log tracks
Don't open will tell you laterwill tell you later
This app is awesome. I've been using it for years for saving my fishing locations and waypoints I want to fish on my next trip. I wish I had the time to learn all of the operations I'm sure I could do even more with it. Now if I could just see it with my polarized sunglasses on I wouldn't even need my Lowrance GPS on my boat. I have told several friends about the app that use it now as well. Customer response is fast as well. Thanks for such a great app.
This app is a full feature GPS device in my iPhone. I don't use all of the features all the time, but they are there when needed. And it is so simple to use for basic waypoint marking and track monitoring. Well developed coding.
This is my first time to give 5-Star to an App, the reason is the Customer Services are so great and very understandable to customers needs, they also are very responsive and you'll notice they're very customer focused. The app is very good but if it's missing something you wish to have, don't worry, they'll do all their best to implement it for you in future updates.