GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the new Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 11 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy synth*
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists****
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops*****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud******
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
**** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
***** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
****** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
The applications GarageBand was published
in the category Music on 2011-03-10 and
was developed by Apple.
The file size is 1.62 GB.
The current version is 2.3.7 and works well on
12.1 and high ios versions.
• Supports keyboard commands when using a Smart Keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard
• Adds the Wah stompbox pedal and Face Control to Smart Guitar
• Provides stability improvements and bug fixes
I really love this app! I’ve been playing it for awhile and fell in love with my passion for music. But there is something that I feel is missing. I wish you would add a ukulele. Specifically, every kind of ukulele out there. Soprano/Concert, Tenor, and Baritone. Although you have plenty of variety of instruments from around the world, I just feel as though Ukulele should be in that category. I hope you can add this in another update.
Garage band is a fun app where I can play with different types of instruments and have fun. The only thing I don’t like much is there aren’t a ton of instruments you can use. But overall I like this app. I’d recommend it to anybody who likes to play instruments.
Always crashes and I always lose my progress on songs
Why isn't there a simple export as, at least mp3?
Garage band has been a very helpful since ever but out of nowhere new sounds come in. Now all my hard work I spend a lot of time on is ruined because of the world stuff and Chinese music and it’s NOT COOL 😔😔😞😞🙁
I use this to make beats and projects it’s dank af.
I’m trying to find this kind of piano because it goes well with many songs but I can’t seem to find despite all the YouTube videos I see on YouTube about the piano.
I love 😍 this app so much!!! It is perfect 🤩
Not just a little different but it’s just fun for me and I gotta have fun and fun with your friends and family with music 🎶
after using this app for 10 minutes, i had been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease called gonorrhoea. do not use this app. do not use this app. i repeat do not use this app unless you want gonorrhoea. bye.
Best app in business so good 1* star
It’s sooooo bad
Had to uninstall since there is no back button once you’ve clicked on something.
I love GarageBand and all but why change it I liked it the way it was
I think it’s good, why is everyone saying it’s bad. Just delete a song that has been airdropped and BAM it works
I made Megalovania. I’m happy
The time limit setting broke fix that glitch
I love using garage band but recently when I have been editing some work my iPad glitched and before this everything but one track was muted, but after the glitch it unmuted everything but the music was still gray.(which means there is no sounds) Also every time I try to add a fx it won’t stay and so it just plays the original track without the effects. Please fix these problems!
I was recording something and it deleted all my several months of save data!
The optimizing performance crap needs to go. It forces me to delete stuff so I can make space to optimizing (which I didn’t even ask for). On top of that once my song was forcefully optimized it messed up the placement of my audio and instruments to the point where I couldn’t even go on with the song no more so I just had to delete it. Complete waste of my time
It must be the best app in the world
I’ve used GarageBand on my iOS devices for years now, and I started having this issue when I started using GarageBand seriously. When you add kicks for beats and try to make them harder, it makes everything else peak really badly and it just doesn’t give the sound I want. This app would be 1,000 times better if you were able to master tracks by yourself.
So I finally figured out what’s been causing the sudden crashes. When lowering the octane on an edited, usually heavily edited, loop, the loop becomes more unstable and will crash the app as the loop’s audio is more intense. What I mean by this is that when lowering the octane, the loop’s audio seems to get louder for some reason. I have no idea what causes this change in audio, but it seems to happen more often on basses, electronic bass loops to be more exact. I conducted my testing on the “Digital Dub Wobble Bass 01” and “Digital Dub Wobble Bass 02”, and I learned that when edited and the octanes are lowered, the loops will make the app crash. I hopefully will test other bass loops to determine if the crashing occurs with other loops. I hope this is more clear than my last review and hopefully it will be able to be countered and eliminated.
There are no drummers or drum loops for metal. It’s fun to work on ideas on this app but I can’t get the right sound with what’s available.
Can you please add a saxophone or other instruments please. Would be a lot of help.
I was thinking to see new ways make musical mode. to add 11 band style I give 22,00k likes and people make up a playlist only top 7/11 Out of the numbers, maybe 2.4.7 version and please do it I ask Thank you
So this is pretty cool and it has a very diverse range of instruments from around the world by I only have one problem. wHeRE THE LIVING FRICK IS THE MARIMBA!! I WANTED TO PLAY ARIA MATH FROM MINECRAFT AND NOW I CANT !!!!!!! EEREEEEEEEEEEEERREEEE
Garage band is a great app idea for musicians, like me to record songs on an app so I can replay it and test on my piano. You don’t have to be a musician, in fact, before I even knew how to play I always had fun with garage band! Very good app also to have fun with if your bored, no WiFi connection required so you can play on the go. Not only can you record tons of backing tracks but you can also record your voice. Rapping,singing,talking or anything will work! Highly recommended for musicians and people who like playing with stuff. All over, GREAT APP!
Super slow to download, and by super slow I mean literally a week. Sorry if your phone glitches, and by sorry I mean good luck downloading it haha
Hi GarageBand people Please let us see the track time! It’s absolutely insane not being able to see the track time. Please & thank you SK xoxo
I am not exaggerating when I say this is the best thing Apple have ever done. As a musician who is not too into technology this is a life saver. It’s the reason why all my devices are Apple. I started off with the app on my phone, then iPad, then Mac and now I got my own professional album - and all from been able to work out my songs and progress with GarageBand. Amazing. Unbeatable 👍
Great app, I use it everyday but I have a suggestion for another sound; Maybe add a steel drum sound in the keyboards 🤷♂️
Look the tunes and the live loops are ok but the stupid game keeps freezing and it eats your battery really quick NEEDS WAY MORE IMPROVEMENTS 😤😤😤😤
I'm a very seasoned professional music producer with 20 years of experience in large studios, and I have worked with pretty much every DAW on the planet. However, this app is so incredibly confusing and "non-standard", I didn't manage to even add a basic track to it after half an hour of trying. I'm sure Apple are meaning well and the app is free after all, but seriously, the user interface needs to be rethought from the ground up.
There are many basic chords missing such as E, D, and Bm however good other than the many missing chords
But can I say, a metal drum kit, with 2 bass drums would be great!
Love this app for composing my own songs. But would love it you could release more genres of music loop packs such as a pop, and easy listening pack.