GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the new Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 11 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy synth*
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists****
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops*****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud******
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
**** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
***** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
****** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
The applications GarageBand was published
in the category Music on 2011-03-10 and
was developed by Apple.
The file size is 1.62 GB.
The current version is 2.3.7 and works well on
12.1 and high ios versions.
• Supports keyboard commands when using a Smart Keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard
• Adds the Wah stompbox pedal and Face Control to Smart Guitar
• Provides stability improvements and bug fixes
I do not know why they had to delete this app all of the sudden. It very disappointing I have not even got to try it out yet but I’m sure there is a money reason behind this because that all this society cares about. You think they will be nice enough to create an app to bring us happiness? No! That will be to easy in a money enslaved world which most likely going to lead us to a WW3 if we do not wake up and stop all of this comparison, greed and envy. We need to wake up!
It’s a great app to make music and to have fun but after awhile I deleted the app to have Storage and re-downloaded because I was bored and then I deleted it again and now it doesn’t let me download it I mean I can’t blame them I was kinda my fault
Will not update! .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................man.
Me and my sister wanted to make a band using live loops but we can’t because YOU WON’T LET US!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes when I open the app, it lags sometimes. It is a great app to embarrass your music abilities. Hope they update the lagging issue!
So I was sure this was going to work but it didn’t I couldn’t figure out how to control this app and this is the only app that I can’t control! I really want you to fix this problem and make the app easier to control!
If there were the ability to using bussing on iPad and iPhone, this would save a lot of processing power as well as create a more user friendly experience as attempting to put the exact same effect on separate tracks is very time consuming, tedious, and imperfect. Bussing would make this a 5 star review!
GarageBand for iPad . app GarageGarageBand © 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
when i try to play the strings. i drag across the strings using multiple fingers and the app keeps zooming out and sometimes closes.
It is the most fun game in the world and it is really really really really really really super duper fun
I’m a bowl of noodles
This app is excellent for peeps of the future! Not much to say byeee!
It takes for ever to download why I don’t no but it only takes up 1.6 mb it’s like it takes 60years I have 34GB left on my iPad x but still takes like 60000years
Please add Kpop.
I remember the very first garage band that came out on iOS that worked really good with voice-over for people who are blind or vision in paired this is now shocking it is not accessible try downloading it again it won’t let me get past the welcome screen with the voice-over
One suggestion is maybe add some more, make it a bit more versatile with instruments and tones. Maybe a Stratocaster, a telecaster, and a Rickenbacker guitar, and rick’ bass too. Maybe also a musicman stingray bass. More classic guitar and basses, I know there is already a few classics there. There is pick bass and muted bass, maybe add a Slap bass? Also some more effects for the guitars would be cool, like drive, flange, chorus, maybe even autowah, and be able to change speed and depth of the effects? Just a few things that would be really cool to add. Thanks this is a great app! 👍🏼👍🏼
My iPad is only iOS 10 but this app should be able to work on an older version but it seems like every time that a new ios version is released, all of apples apps compatibility goes to that version. I really want to download this and use it but I can't because it won't download when it should because there is a version compatible with iOS 10. And dirty sales tricks won't make me get a new iPad so please fix this so I can just download the app and use it. I will give it a five star rating when it works because this app was awesome the moment it was released.
Love it but a wider range of instruments needs to be added, stuff like banjos, harps, and different brass instruments
A Great Way to Make Ringtones on iPhone
I just want to use this app for my phone we need a hard limiter and the full editing software for the phone app.. so my vocals can be crispy to hear what my music sound like from this app instagram Cheek.Sr
Me and my friend who have the same version of Garageband for iOS have been trying to share projects to each other via iMessage but we can’t open them once their in Garageband. The file shows up in Garageband greyed out and you can’t open it. I would greatly appreciate if you could please fix this because the app is very powerful otherwise. Thank you.
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my request, as it is much appreciated. I have been using iOS GarageBand for about one and a half years now, and I must say that I have grown quite fond of the software, as it is exemplary in terms of simplicity and practicality. I have been making little beats and loops for some time, and while the features implemented are expansive, I wish to expand my creations by perhaps publishing music in the near future. I have a passion for music and would love to look to new opportunities. There are a few features which I wish could be added to the software. NOTE: if there are ways to achieve the following without updates, please let me know. So first, the 808 sound is quite lackluster, primarily considering modern rap/hip hop. Some examples of the 808 sound I have been trying to create can be heard in Meek Mill’s “Going Bad,” produces by Wheezy, and Trevor Daniel’s “Wild,” as well as “Mess,” produced by the members of Internet Money. I only have access to the iOS version of GarageBand, as I don’t have any Mac products. So if there is any way that I can recreate this sound, or if there are plans to implement this sound into one of the alchemy synth bases please let me know. I think this software is perfect, it’s just this particular sound that I’m after. Please let me know of any further changes or plans. Thank you for your time!
I love this app because it has so many musical instruments! I only have a piano, so now I can play lots of different things!
Great app for beginners. I wanted to get more involved in music so I downloaded this app and bought equipment so I could make my own music. Pretty simple and easy sometimes. Really good app , it times out on me randomly though causing my work to disappear.
The app is way too complicated. It only works on my iPhone sideways and I don’t like that. After opening the app and starts to record, the app crashes. If the app was simpler, as in: tap triangle to start recording and tap two rectangles to stop (like when you are watching a video on YouTube or something) then I will change my review. Otherwise... Deleted.
I like how you can do live loops and/or tracks view, also I think there should be mor fx remix features. I also think you should be able to adjust the delay time before playing tracks. There should also be an instrument for every icon! A precaution, wind, and other categories. There should also be fx instruments, and better history, I was undoing my time signature change, but instead it deleted my whole entire 133 bar track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The app is broken it doesn’t show my mixed sounds in the bottom it’s legit blank