Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Same price as upgrading a free alternative. If you're going to demo free apps, why not give Tempo Lite a try?
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Automator and Tracker
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes and 2 styles
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
The applications Tempo - Metronome with Setlist was published
in the category Music on 2009-02-13 and
was developed by Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd..
The file size is 24.61 MB.
The current version is 4.1.1 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
This is very handy, easy to use app. Nice to have in my virtual toolkit.
Hard to fault, and if anything, some more theme options and sounds. That said, the built-in options will satisfy most people. Keep up your fine work.
No glitches, easy, simply useful. Been using it for a couple of years now.
Keeps crashing! Won’t open! Need metronome! Fix this please!
Unlike Slytherin this app WILL help you. Unless you’re Voldemort. Imagine Voldemort playing drums!! Reliable and helpful for newbies
This was the first app I ever bought, unrecognizable now from that iPhone 3 version. It’s the best. I use it every other day.
If you're after a metronome app this is the one to get
Love this app, use it in personal and professional contexts - cannot sing its praises enough
So useful - I use it almost everyday!
What I was hoping was a programmable PLAYING setlist, like a Dr. Beat. I was also disappointed to have to bend around to get 5/8 time, which I use often. If those could be fixed or added, it would make this perfect. Otherwise it wasn't worth two dollars :/ TO ME at least Update 3/16/18: I had to uninstall this because I opened it on my watch once yesterday and it ate up SIXTY NINE PERCENT of battery life in BACKGROUND ACTIVITY. What?!? That’s insane and TOTALLY unusable. I’ll be looking for different apps now.
Honestly - no complaints except on MY OWN INTERNAL CLOCK lol. Just buy the app - you won’t regret it. What’s a couple bucks - but this instead of your next cheap beer at a gig. Plus the app makers are always updating and making improvements.
As a piano teacher, I teach students to demystify rhythmic groupings in the two hands played against each other from the simple, 2 against 3 (I want-a-hug) or 3 against 4 (pass the-bread and butter), to the complex (finding the least common divisor, then using the metronome for that long group and fitting the 2 different patterns together slowly). The technology of this app is way beyond what would be required to put two different groups against each other (each at a different timbre). I would gladly give up having a fuchsia background with birds and monkeys for one more real tool!
Best metronome app out there in my opinion. It has so many cool features! Def worth getting the pro version!
There is no better etronome app!
This is the only metronome I found that starts instantly when you start it. Makes it easy to sync to music to find tempos and stay with Tempo‘s. The lack of star is wishing that Tempo had incremental BPM changes tenths of a beach would be so cool
Awesome to use for piano and guitar e.t.c. My piano teacher told me to use it. It’s great.
It’s a great metronome app, you can save certain tempos and time signatures and everything. Really easy to use. One thing I would love though, is if we could use the play/pause buttons on our phones to stop and start the metronome. I use my headphones a lot to practice with my metronome and I’m constantly accidentally pressing the play/pause button on my headphones, and having my music blasting randomly in my ears with the metronome still going. So if there’s a way you could do that, that would be awesome!
I’ve been using this for years now. It’s loaded with great features. I have a music studio with over 300 students every week and this is the metronome of choice.
I am head to toes in love with TEMPO! (the app) Yours forever, Michael.