Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
The applications iReal Pro was published
in the category Music on 2008-12-02 and
was developed by Technimo LLC.
The file size is 88.05 MB.
The current version is 10.0.0 and works well on
11.4 and high ios versions.
- Added a new import flow that lets you preview the songs and playlists before importing them
- Added support for new iPhone and iPad Pro models
- Improved support for Apple Watch playback controls
- Added option to share exported audio from previous exports or recordings in case of failure
- Updated AirTurn with support for newest bluetooth pedals
- Increased tuning range to 415-466 (a semitone up and down)
- Increased size of repeat indicator text
- iReal Pro now requires iOS 11.4 or higher
Whether you’re a serious amateur musician, semi-pro, or seasoned pro, this is a must-have app for practicing and gigging. And if you’re a jazz musician, get this NOW! The only thing missing will be the heads, but you can download all the changes from the Real Book and practice to your heart’s content. Build set lists and take it to gigs, so long as you know the heads.
Pretty useless for rock music. Store won’t refund money so I am out 12 bucks for something I won’t use.
I thought I’d be able to plug in my guitar using iRig and play along. You have to use GarageBand to do that, and then you can’t see the chord charts. Useless for me.
Absolutely love this app! I can download thousands of scores, edit it, create it, change the key and the tempo,... It’s the aid to learning songs!
This has made my practicing so much more enjoyable that I actually miss it if my day is too busy. Plus there are so many charts available in the forum, that I've only had to make ones for pretty obscure tunes. I only wish there was more flexibility in charting. As it is, you either have normal size type or squishy. Having even two levels of condensed type would get it another star.
Simply THE must have practice tool for the iPhone. In the forums you can download thousands of tunes, and practice with crowd sourced (and therefore relatively reliable) chord changes. Absolutely essential.
This app is easy, the customer support is amazing, and the forums are the best! I loved this app from the start, but now that I know Jimmy Bruno was this app I’m a fan for life!
I edited the song but it doesn’t reflect my edits when I tap “done” it. I saved them so when I edit they show my edit but they don’t play my edit. This app is confusing.
Definitely for professional musicians. Extremely well made aop
This is a great app with many songs and chord charts.However there are so many songs missing! I don’t expect them to have every song in the world lol.I real if you are reading this pleas pleas pleas pleas put these 2 songs in you’re app. In graze, and highline, by Jim rotondi
As I said, brilliant!
I use iRealPro on practically a daily basis. Mostly, it’s for daily practice, but also for being able to look up songs I’m interested in learning, or practicing my analysis skills. Whilst this will never replace playing with a live band, iRealPro is the next best thing. I’ve seen iRealPro grow and improve over the last few years, particularly in the styles and backing track generation. The developers are responsive to beta feedback and user suggestions. Things I’m hoping to see in future versions are more controls over dynamics, and adding text notes to tunes. But these are really additions to an already very strong app.
Man this thing is brilliant, great for learning progressions, practicing improv. I haven't even scratched the surface i.e. Arranging, Transposition it's all in here though..
iReal Pro is one of its kind, the program works so smoothly and the updates it has received over the last few months have shown their ability to listen to the consumer and streamline an already incredible application. A necessity for any serious musician.
As a professional musician, this is the most helpful and handy App to use whether I’m teaching or doing a gig... thank you!
Haven’t had this app for long but already am enjoying how very useful it is. For practice or learning new tunes it is a real help. Many many well known and some not so well known songs are available from the lists and a blog of helpful users contribute frequently. If you don’t find the one you’re looking for you can send out a request and another user may have what you need. Editing is pretty easy. It didn’t take me long to get my own tunes in and get practicing. Well done to the designers.
This app is honestly the only thing that got me through the HSC, it's soft and tender hands comforted me when I couldn't play my Music piece the day it was due.
About time! about time a Great App like this one is available.
Fantastic app for musicians. I just keep finding new features and this app is certainly the standard accessory for open Mics where I live.l
An amazing practise and teaching tool. If only the charts I made on my laptop could sync to my phone and iPad so I am never without a chart. Seems like an easy thing to implement, pls add
Helpful app but I purchased this on my iPhone which transferred to my iPad. Unfortunately, my MacBook and iMac won’t recognize my purchase and keeps prompting me to pay $19.99! If I had of known, I would’ve purchased on my computers as I use those more for practice.
I wish that you can go from Latin to swing and have it keep going and not just switch in between once
Frankly, this is an essential item for any jazz musician. An incredible work, play, practice tool that continues to get better each update. It’s amazing. Buy it.
Thoughtfully designed into every musician’s companion by caring and smart people
Great app revolutionary
This is an outstanding, and probably the best one available for the purpose. It is extremely flexible and I have added several of my own tunes. Also, the support is prompt, helpful and accurate...and prompt. No more than 24 hour response time.
If you are a musician at any level, this is the app for you! Imagine being able to practice any of hundreds and hundreds of INCLUDED songs at any tempo and in any key. Any number of choruses. Ability to select the rhythmic style. Ability to select the instrumentation of the rhythm section. Ability to dial rhythm instruments up or down - or out. You can even enter your own song chord changes. It’s not just a practice tool. You can hook your phone up to an amp and perform in public with this app. Make playlists. This is one of THE most well designed, well maintained and useful apps anywhere.
I love this app. However, it would be perfect if we could have chords played on the "and" especially on the 6/8 and 12/8 time signatures. My rating is actually 4.5 but you can't rate on the "and" either. 😎
Awesome practice tool.