Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 12 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color cast and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images on iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to the iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 12
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 12. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
The applications Pixelmator was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2014-10-24 and
was developed by Pixelmator Team.
The file size is 138.99 MB.
The current version is 2.4.3 and works well on
9.1 and high ios versions.
This update makes Pixelmator compatible with iOS 12 and adds a few additional improvements and fixes.
• Added several new aspect ratios to the Crop tool.
• To make it easier to rasterize non-image layers, Convert into Pixels is now available as an option in various popovers.
• Image thumbnails in various places in Pixelmator for iOS would be displayed as solid grey. Fixed.
• When tapping and holding a layer, the delay before drag & drop is activated has been increased.
• Drag & drop will no longer be activated when you hold a layer in place if you've already moved it.
• The Undo button has been moved slightly to the right to prevent accidentally exiting to the gallery.
• The tappable area of the buttons in the toolbar has been increased to prevent accidentally hiding it.
• When saving a copy of an image to the Photos app, the original format will be preserved (however, when saving to the same image, JPEG will still be used as is required by iOS).
• Save to Photos will no longer be shown as an option if the imported image was created on another device and it would not be possible to overwrite the original.
• Using the Distort tools on the new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max would create transparent areas in the image. Fixed.
• Pixelmator for iOS would sometimes stop responding when opening the gallery while syncing with iCloud. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Pixelmator for iOS to quit unexpectedly when creating images from the Photos app.
• Added a few other fixes to prevent Pixelmator for iOS from quitting unexpectedly.
I was confused when adding titles didn’t have all that stuff that the apple photos app has. What I mean by that is it doesn’t have all those things like change size and color of text. If you could add the things I just said it would be great.
Low resolution results, meh templates, no transparency, tools few and mostly cliché. I made a mistake to buy it, but I'll make sure no one else I know does! It's just an empty placeholder for what could have been a good and intuitive app. Not the case!
Please add a paint bucket tool. Other than that this app is pretty good.
Once you learn the best ways to make this work, this is by far an amazing app for the price. Thank you for not making the price crazy or subscription based. I would buy more things from you guys if you made it. Thank you.
So, come on, dear people/creators/developers(etc.)! I love this app, but the bugs have riddled 1-&-then-2-&-then-more&more&more of my favorite parts of the app, and the app experience overall ....... Please fix this ASAP! Functionality!!☝🏼🌱. This is me not quite being fully pisssssed ‘bout it. I know you got it ~> now dial this in! ✌🏼
I was sprinting through dozens of images with heavy edits pulled down from OneDrive. All of a sudden, between two images, Pixelmator removed OneDrive from the source drop-down menu. Not only that, it also removed OneDrive from the save drop-down menu. I can save to OneDrive, but only after going through 7 steps per single image to send a copy to OneDrive! Pixelmator is dead set on me saving to iCloud, which is turned off in settings. I did a hard reset, restarted Pixelmator. No luck. I uninstalled Pixelmator and reinstalled it. No luck. 3 hours worth of functioning software? Is it possible that Pixelmator leaves a trail in iCloud that it visits when reinstalled? If so, is it even possible to get this thing to function once it has made the mistake?
Great photo editing that doesn’t require you to sign into an account to use. This is what a powerful standalone app should be.
What a joke. This is yet another dumbed down image editor under the guise of having “pro" features. Something as basic as editing an alpha mask is missing. There’s all types of smart select tools but they are all garbage because they don’t give you the level of control that a true alpha mask gives you. This is such a let down. The Mac app has this, why not iOS? The iPad with a pencil would be the perfect tool to draw alpha masks, I really don’t understand why the developer would neglect to add such a basic feature that even free image editors like GIMP on Linux provide you. Don’t waste your time with this app like I did. At the end of the day you get some preset effects, and color correction like the stock photos app gives you and some other effects that are more silly then useful. Really regret wasting my money on this garbage.
Noway to access the tools as described. Apple should put the refund button in Big signs for this broken mess.
Literally bought the app because Pixelmator was mentioned in the October keynote about an automator machine learning feature. Bought the app, but no automator to be found. =(
I really love this app. So many tools to edit my photos. It’s very professional app. Very easy to use. I paid once and don’t have to pay monthly subscription or app in purchase. Unlike other apps asking $ for every features and updates. Highly recommended! Thank you so much:)
I think the iOS version has only a small part of the desktop app’s functionality, ie no content aware fill. Also all the help only talks about the desktop version, there’s no iOS-specific help even if you specify ‘iOS’ in your search, it just loops back to the desktop help.
The one thing I really hate about this app is that it’s way too hard to rotate I put this thing on and u can’t even grab it.... 1 star for being stupid
Love that I can create templates to quickly create images for my business - such as testimonials, new listings, just sold. However, can we please add an option to install custom fonts (like Phonto)
Poor app for iPhone. Has very very basic tools. Not worth the money!
A lot of my installed fonts on my iPad Pro are no longer showing up properly in the app, instead just showing them in a standard Arial style font. Please fix!
It is a really advance app to use and it is great for editing.
And it syncs with your computer. We truly are living in the future.
App was working fine until updated IPad Pro Now won’t open...any suggestions please
Thought I would try this, waste of $8, it’s clumsy, lacks intuitiveness and tools. I’ve been in the graphics industry all my life, this is not the tool I can use on an iPad.
This app has worked great, until now. Every time I go to use it it crashes..
I can’t find simple answers to simple questions. Compared to working on the excellent version on my macbook, this is a frustrating app for me.
However, as a Mac companion app, it’s lacking. The iOS version cannot import the color profiles edits made on the Mac, nor does it support imports of highly layered image projects.
This is a great app and has a lot of functionality but the font selection is very limited. It would be great to import fonts. Also, it is a major fail that you cannot type a hex or RGB color value to select colors.
Very limited utility. Today tried to fix color balance on an early morning photo. The fixes suggested in help worsened the problem. Not even worth the $7 paid.
Was thoroughly enjoying iOS app on iPad pro until iOS11 updates started. Keeps on locking up and crashing. Can not find support to complain. Such a great app now ruined
Lacks basic capabilities such as hex color input and deleting saved color.
I really am enjoying using this app but would love to see a few updates. It would be helpful if the rotate object slider control would allow you to type in a number, I have a hard time getting the number precise. It could be just me but, sometimes I end up rotating part of the image and when I go to hit the undo button I accidentally hit the image button and then I am stuck with the error. There is plenty of space across the top to move them farther apart. A compare button would be nice, so I can look at my before and after. You have an undo button, why not a redo button?
Best app I have used on Mac and iOS to almost replace photoshop. The only issue I have is on iPad it keeps all the controls and options in menus instead of a toolbar or sidebar. I takes much more time to go in and out of menus just select a action. I would rather the iPad version directly match the Desktop version so it can be easier to use.
Pixelmator could be as great as PS Touch was, but the user interface needs a lot of work. These things need to change: 1. Direct number input (in addition to sliders) 2. Text layers need differentiation/labeling. 3. Fonts need selection by name. 4. Ability to confine movement to selected layer (turn off auto selecting layer) 5. Turning off snapping 6. More basic effects 7. Stop resetting defaults 1. very rarely can you just enter a number. Usually it’s a slider or even worse click and hold (for font sizes). I shouldn’t have to fight the UI. 2. I had like 6 text layers open in one project and they all just said “text”. Come on. At least make them say the beginning of the text to tell them apart if we can’t name layers. 3. I found out on accident that I could choose more than the 24 fonts. The font menu that shows all fonts written in their names should be the default way and the 3 page method should be scrapped. It’s much easier to select the font closest to the font you want. There’s no need for that original three page menu which takes up the whole screen when I have to go to the other menu to pick the font I actually want. 4. It should not take me multiple tries to move something. Movement should be confined to the currently selected layer. Or, at least, there should be an option to turn off auto selection of layers. When things overlap, it’s a crapshoot as to which one gets moved. 5. There might be a way to do this, but it is painfully tucked away in a menu if it exists. 6. Glass effect, motion blur, pixelate would all be amazing and I used the first two all of the time in ps touch. 7. Shadow direction and intensity, stroke size and color, and so many others reset every time. People are going to want to do similar things. Please retain these between uses. I didn’t want to update my phone because I didn’t want to lose iOS9 because I knew I’d lose photoshop touch and nothing else fit my work flow. However, due to a misunderstanding with Apple repair I am now forced to live in a post PS Touch world. I gotta tell you, it isn’t great.
I love this app! I've had it for a year now! It's like photoshop to me! Totally recommend it!
If it was possible to give 10000000000000000000000000000 stars I would. Worth €46 not 8.99
Apple Please Give Me A F**king Refund! This App Is Worse Than Apps That are 85c...Please I bought this like 1 min ago and hate it.
Got this for my new iPad Air 2. Waste of money, won't open images or templates and just gives error. Contacted the support email and forums, no reply. Looks like a great app, if it worked that is. Bad support.
I really enjoy app,really great.in new update I like(all like)to see extra button that when pressed u can see before edit picture how was before.one more thing be very nice to see not only undo but and revert button.Need as well liquify option most wanted.Aciu,great job will update more things what need after using app for while.im heavy user this type apps so really I know what is handy thanks
Brilliant photo editor that probably beats photoshop touch! Saw the demos at the keynote and I was impressed so i decided I would buy it :) again brilliant app!
They've really done an amazing job on this app, simple, straight forward and feature packed it just makes using it enjoyable. Some really advanced features for a mobile app. Loving the iCloud sync with the Mac app too. A round of applause to the developers of this, and for the low price too.