Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint, as well as create advanced image compositions on iPad and iPhone alike.
Pixelmator has everything you need — whether you’re a mobile photographer, mobile painter, or mobile graphic designer — all in one easy-to-use app.
And it works seamlessly with Mac as well, so you can start creating on iPhone or iPad and continue right where you left off on your Mac.
Designed exclusively for iOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 12 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Advanced Photo Editing
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color correction presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color cast and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 100 megapixels
Full-Featured Painting App
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from more than 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Smudge colors of an image for smooth color blends
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change brush thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured Color Picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Use layers to isolate and blend elements of your painting
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Pixelmator Paint Engine
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Add text and make it look beautiful with a full set of text-styling settings
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove image background or cut and paste objects from one image to another
• Open, edit, and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, and many other popular formats
• Import HEIF images
• Save your images directly to your Photos app
• Store and access images on iCloud Drive
iCloud and Sharing
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to the iCloud support
• Share your artwork with friends and family via email
• Instantly publish your images to social platforms like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
Designed for iOS 12
Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iOS 12. Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS features and technologies and engineered to leverage the full power of 64-bit architecture, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness.
The applications Pixelmator was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2014-10-24 and
was developed by Pixelmator Team.
The file size is 139.39 MB.
The current version is 2.4.4 and works well on
9.1 and high ios versions.
This update adds support for the new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil and brings a number of fixes.
• The Pixelmator interface has now been optimized for the newest iPad Pro.
• The double-tap gesture of the new Apple Pencil is now supported.
• Wherever possible, Pixelmator will respect your global settings for the double-tap gesture.
• The Noise, Hue, Miniaturize, and Hue effects were not working in the Photos extension. Fixed.
• The canvas was being incorrectly centered in both the app and the Pixelmator Photos extension. Fixed.
• After making a selection and moving it, tapping a part of the selection outside the bounds of the original layer would deselect the layer. Fixed.
Have any feedback about the update or Pixelmator for iOS in general? We'd love to hear it at [email protected]!
Absolutely a waste of money. I have apps that are free that are better user friendly than this app. I can’t believe how bad this app is set up, to do absolutely nothing.
My overall impression of this app is really good being someone that’s experienced and using Photoshop and therefore being kind of spoiled, I really like this app. I do have a couple of small grapes with this app. One feature that all editing software should have as you should be able to crop you’re photos to a specific set size. Let’s say I’m working on a photo that’s already preset For Blu-ray dimensions I should be able to go up in the top left-hand corner and pull the cropping tool all the way down so that it extends from one side of the photo to the other, You should be able to slide the crop box area up and down your photo to select where you want to crop and then crop that photo to your specified dimensions. The second Feature that is missing In this app is save as a tiff file, if you’re an experienced photographer you should know already that if you’re going to edit your file you need to convert it as a tiff file first, the reason for this is most other photo files are compressed like a JPEG file for instance, when you’re editing a compressed photo file and then save that file over again your recompressing the file again causing a artifacts in your photos which completely defeats the purpose of editing your photo In the first place.
App says editor for photo and video...but it’s not uploading my videos (no option to do so) just spent $5 on another photo editing app. 👎🏼 you should clarify your app description.
Pixelmator is like your “first time”. It is plain awkward. You have no clue as to what goes where. The instructional videos on YouTube are worthless for us just starting. It is like paying for a service that is much better and easier if free.
Would love to see better Photos App extension support. I use the desktop counterpart a lot for Retouching photos and would love to see this implemented into iOS.
Don’t buy it’s not worth your time
I use the desktop version on my Mac. Only reaso I paid for the app is so I can do green screen effects on my phone. Am I blind or is there no option to do this?
This is pretty equal as photoshop. I was disappointing that your text would not be able to add more custom fonts. Or arc text or curve text. All stay straight such as diagonal or horizontal but not curve or arc. It’d be nice to have text tool with wrap or perspective or arc , etc. that’s what I thought you had but apparently not... this is my wish list.
AMAZING APP, but it needs to be updated. Example, “undo” needs to go further than 10-15 presses. Painting needs to erase ONLY the paint, and not the photo. I’m not sure if this is true or not, but it needs to export photos at high quality. Heck, I’m even willing to pay more if you guys update it. I’m
I wasted 4.99 on this app just to find out I cannot fix red eye. I’d like a refund
Awesome app until at some stage in iOS 11 and also iOS 12, Pixelmator doesn’t appear under settings, privacy, photos anymore (it used to) so cant allow it access to photos so can’t save any photos to photos app anymore. Been like this a few months. Uninstalling and installing from app store again hasn’t fixed it. Apart from that awesome app.
I really love this app. So many tools to edit my photos. It’s very professional app. Very easy to use. I paid once and don’t have to pay monthly subscription or app in purchase. Unlike other apps asking $ for every features and updates. Highly recommended! Thank you so much:)
I think the iOS version has only a small part of the desktop app’s functionality, ie no content aware fill. Also all the help only talks about the desktop version, there’s no iOS-specific help even if you specify ‘iOS’ in your search, it just loops back to the desktop help.
The one thing I really hate about this app is that it’s way too hard to rotate I put this thing on and u can’t even grab it.... 1 star for being stupid
Love that I can create templates to quickly create images for my business - such as testimonials, new listings, just sold. However, can we please add an option to install custom fonts (like Phonto)
Poor app for iPhone. Has very very basic tools. Not worth the money!
A lot of my installed fonts on my iPad Pro are no longer showing up properly in the app, instead just showing them in a standard Arial style font. Please fix!
It is a really advance app to use and it is great for editing.
And it syncs with your computer. We truly are living in the future.
App was working fine until updated IPad Pro Now won’t open...any suggestions please
was working on the outline of a new illustration on my ipad. closed it to go back to copy something from another illustration file in the app, only to find every single thing i ever had on the app was completely gone. never had such a glitch in my life, and there is no restore option. very disheartening.
If you could change it so you can rotate a picture while youre moving it around instead of having to open the format screen then i could probably up this to five stars. Its obnoxious because the format menu takes up half the screen so you cant even see exactly how youre placing things :(
I expected a photo editing app to have copy and paste functions. Nope! Just an awkward clone tool. Documentation is also thin.
i ise pixelmator on osx and i like it well enough, so i got the ios version to work on simple ideas on the go. i make alot of pixel art, and with a name like "pixelmator"... you get the idea. cons: no paint bucket tool. seriously! saves images with degradation in quality, especially noticable where solid colors meet, kind of like jpg artifacts. cannot resize canvas, only image. no layers to animated gif export option. pros: good brushes for a touchscreen. bluetooth input device input. psd export. grid lock in pixel mode. good layout and ui
I am a professional artist and this is my favorite app for meshing photos together. Don’t buy another photo manip app that requires a lame subscription. Pixelmator doesnt have masks but it does have liquify, great color correction tools and auto select. And the layer UI is well thought out and has groups. Instead of a mask I just keep a backup copy of the layer and then erase. This app is great on the phone and amazing on the iPad Pro. Just copy photos to the clipboard and paste into Pixelmator!
Would be way more successful with raw support.
Pixelmator is a good all around product. It’s not as user friendly as Procreate for drawing, but it has the ability to do both photo editing and drawing in one app. However, Affinity Photo does both as well. Affinity Photo is more powerful for photo editing, but has a much steeper learning curve than Pixelmator does. However, the one area that Pixelmator falls down is in it’s user interface for drawing and painting. It’s way too slow. They make you drill down into menus every time you want to adjust the brush size of opacity. That’s crazy. Every other app has slider bars permanently on screen to make adjusting on the fly faster. Pixelmator desperately needs this. It would be even better if they just brought Pixelmator Pro to the iPad.
Update I will keep rating down until you update iPad Pro support for current Adonit and Wacom Bluetooth stylii. I just rated down your app to a single star. Why won't you DO this? Not everyone is enamoured with Apple Pencil. I MUCH prefer my Adonit Pixel/Pixel Pro on my 1st gen iPad Pro! It has been working wonderful for me for both the last month and the last two years! You used to support Wacom and Adonit AND Adonit makes it very essy to incorporate their own SDK in drawing and notes apps. Come guys and gals, just update third party stylus support on the iPad Pro, already! I promise a 5-star, glowing review if you just do this! Why won't you guys update support for all current third Party Bluetooth from Adonit and Wacom stylus and support these on the iPad Pro models? I am NOT a fan of the Apple Pencil and prefer my Adonit Pixel Bluetooth stylus as my stylus of choice for MY iPad Pro for the last two years! Adonit makes it very easy to incorporate their latest stylus SDK into apps. Why won't you simply just update the Adonit and Wacom stylus drivers in your app, please. I will continue to downgrade your app until you bring back current full third party Bluetooth stylus support FOR ALL iPAD MODELS, INCLUDING ALL iPad Pro models!!!
i used to love pixelmator because it’s the closest alternative to a desktop image processor for iphone, but i simply can’t keep using it in its current state. half of my pixelmator projects no longer open. when they do open, exporting edited images to my photo library often ignores the last performed edit, meaning that i have to re-open the app and try exporting again. the app crashes or stops responding, requiring a force-quit and relaunch to become functional again - especially in the file selection view, where opening a folder often results in the folder being opened, extending off of the bottom of the screen, while freezing and making the app unusable. also, maybe i’m missing something, but the closest thing that i can find to a color “clipboard” is the “previous” color option, and that requires going to the paint tool and sampling a color before it becomes available, and is overwritten by the next color that is selected for any purpose. a color clipboard with an easily accessible sampler is a VERY basic feature in photo editing and design. please make this app better. please add a coherent color clipboard and sampler. please work on these app-breaking bugs. it’s becoming virtually unusable for me - someone who works primarily with design.
This app has worked great, until now. Every time I go to use it it crashes..
I love this app! I've had it for a year now! It's like photoshop to me! Totally recommend it!
If it was possible to give 10000000000000000000000000000 stars I would. Worth €46 not 8.99
Apple Please Give Me A F**king Refund! This App Is Worse Than Apps That are 85c...Please I bought this like 1 min ago and hate it.
Got this for my new iPad Air 2. Waste of money, won't open images or templates and just gives error. Contacted the support email and forums, no reply. Looks like a great app, if it worked that is. Bad support.
I really enjoy app,really great.in new update I like(all like)to see extra button that when pressed u can see before edit picture how was before.one more thing be very nice to see not only undo but and revert button.Need as well liquify option most wanted.Aciu,great job will update more things what need after using app for while.im heavy user this type apps so really I know what is handy thanks
Brilliant photo editor that probably beats photoshop touch! Saw the demos at the keynote and I was impressed so i decided I would buy it :) again brilliant app!
They've really done an amazing job on this app, simple, straight forward and feature packed it just makes using it enjoyable. Some really advanced features for a mobile app. Loving the iCloud sync with the Mac app too. A round of applause to the developers of this, and for the low price too.