Splash Math – 2nd Grade app is a collection of fun and interactive math problems aligned to Common Core Standards. The app reinforces math concepts with self-paced and adaptive practice anytime, anywhere (works on iPhone, iPod, iPad).
***Awards & Recognition's for Splash Math Series***
Splash Math Program is currently used by over 15 million kids and has bagged several prestigious awards.
• Winner of “Gold Stevie Award” (2013) in “Education and Reference” category
• Winner of “Tabby Awards” (2012) in “Best Education and Training App” category
• Winner of “Best Elementary Student App” (2011) by BestAppEver.com
• Featured in Apple lists - “Staff Favourite”, “New and Newsworthy”
*** REVIEWS ***
“Math skills + fun rewards = engaging for kids. Kids will love the graphics, music, and tools they can use to solve problems. The aquarium play also is fun and rewarding.” - CommonSenseMedia.org
“Exhaustive treatment of second grade math subjects that includes a full year's worth of problems, completion of which will pave the way for long term success in mathematics.” - SmartAppsForKids.com
Content Coverage: 71+ math skills (2nd Grade)
Curriculum: Common Core State Standards
***Key Features of 2nd Grade Splash Math***
+ Self-paced math practice program
+ Explanation for wrong answers
+ Scratchpad for rough work
+ Virtual rewards and games
+ Monitor progress with real-time progress dashboard.
+ HD graphics and sound effects to give an amazing game play experience.
*** TOPICS COVERED ***
StudyPad has the best math apps aligned to common core standards with virtually infinite number of questions. This app covers following topics:
1. Place Value - Extend place value understanding to hundreds place. Read and write three digit numbers in various forms
2. Number Sense - Compare and order three digit numbers. Practice skip counting and recognize even/odd numbers
3. Add within 20 - Fluently add within 20 including word problems
4. Subtract within 20 - Fluently subtract within 20 including word problems
5. Add within 100 - Use place value understanding to add two digit numbers
6. Subtract within 100 - Use place value understanding to subtract two digit numbers
7. Add within 1000 - Add two three digit numbers based on concepts of place value and using models
8. Subtract within 1000 - Subtraction involving two three digit numbers based on concepts of place value and using models
9. Time - Read and set time to 5 minutes using analog and digital clocks
10. Money - Work with money coins to count money and solve problems involving money amounts
11. Measurements - Measure and estimate lengths of objects in customary and metric units
12. Data - Represent and interpret data in up to 4 categories using line plots, picture graphs and bar graphs
13. Geometry - Identify two dimensional shapes including pentagons and hexagons, partition shapes into halves, thirds and fourths
• This app offers three membership options: $9.99/month, $23.99/quarter or $79.99/year
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SplashMath
• Twitter: @splashmath
• Website: https://www.splashmath.com
The applications 2nd Grade Math. Addition, Subtraction & Kids Games was published
in the category Education on 2011-11-10 and
was developed by StudyPad, Inc..
The file size is 311.63 MB.
The current version is 5.3.8 and works well on
7.0 and high ios versions.
Thanks for learning with Splash Math. To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store regularly. If you like Splash Math, please leave a review on the App Store. It really helps!!
This update includes:
- Performance Optimizations
Downloaded to evaluate for my grandchildren. Started out well, though I was surprised at subscription cost. But after reaching level 1 in addition the app just "stopped". No indication what to do next. Then tried other play options and they wouldn't load. Just got little fish with "...loading". Once finally did return to play choice. I have canceled trial subscription and deleted app.
Keeping up with her grade. Love it
We have enjoyed using this app as a supplement to out homeschool curriculum. My daughter has fun with it while learning and it's something we can use on the run.
I typed in free math games and this was in top so I downloaded it and it just prompted for payment.
We love this app. We use it along with our homeschool math curriculum.
I studied to be a math teacher and the material in here in legit! Excellent resource for homeschool families or any student wanting/needing to get on top of their math! It does take a little too long to load, but once you're in, it works well. I even like the games you can earn with the coins, because they feel educational as well. Jake also helped me when I had issues getting access on multiple iPads, and he was great about resolving the issue. I highly recommend Splash Math as a parent and as a professional!
I had technical issues with Splash Math. They went above and beyond to correct my issue! Jake Walker was a great help! I recommend this app!
This app is awful!! You can't even try it out for your trial first before they want the monthly money!!!! DO NOT GET THIS APP!!!
I uploaded the app today for my son. He brought it to me once because the activities were taking too long to upload. Soon after he brought it to me again and there was a blank screen instead of an activity. I received an email from the co-owner of the app about how things were going. I emailed twice asking how do I cancel my trial before billing me $9.99 a month, I have yet to receive a reply!!! I went to the settings and there was nothing on the app to cancel!!!! Can somebody please tell me or help me cancel my trial?
My 7 year old child loves the games. My child loves the sea theme. I love it because my child can do a lot of the problems with a little help.
I have used Splash Math for years.. both in my classroom and during tutoring sessions! I love the tiered levels within areas!
Since my son has started using this App, he's been having so much fun and excelling at his math tests at school. This App is easy and fun. I highly recommend it!
Kids love it!! They ask to practice their math every night and have to be told it's time to stop!! I love it applies concepts the same way they teach in school. Great app!!
I would recommend Splash Math as a great tool to learn or strengthen skills. Fun and interactive. Aligned to common core, progress reports and parent aides are excellent. Best math program I have found. Great investment ... Highly recommend. Rewards at the end of each section .... Points earned allow child to buy things for aquarium or jungle. We started using the second grade level with our daughter when her teacher advised she was struggling. Today she is moving past grade level and has gotten back her confidence. I would recommend setting weekly work goals, and sitting with your child when they first get started.
I got this app when my son was in 1st grade and was struggling in math. He liked the game aspect and I liked that he was learning. Most of the standardized tests our school gives are on the computer so using the app also helped him become more used to answering questions electronically. I love the fact that it sends me weekly reports of his activity and how he did on certain subjects. Sometimes in my busy schedule I forget to check on his progress, so that email is very helpful. Now he is in 3rd grade and doing 4th/5th grade math. He is also above the 90th percentile in math!
DONT BUY THIS APP. You are limited to 10 questions per day then they want you to pay....
After you download the app there are no features that you can try for free. It's a shame. It has an easy to navigate menu, but you can't try anything unless you pay first.
I absolutely love this app!!! I studied at BYU to become a secondary math teacher before I decided to be a homemaker and homeschool my children. This is definitely curriculum quality material! My 6 yr old does very well on it! My 3 yr old son doesn't even understand how to play on it, but loves it so much he still tries! Definitely worth the investment!