With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
The applications iMovie was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2010-06-24 and
was developed by Apple.
The file size is 658.50 MB.
The current version is 2.2.6 and works well on
11.4 and high ios versions.
• Connect an external display to your iPad or iPhone and choose to mirror the iPad display or preview your video fullscreen while you edit* — with support for uncompressed 4K video output on iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
• Resolves issues which could cause video distortion when editing a vertical video clip with the iMovie edit extension in the Photos app
• Addresses an issue which could prevent sharing videos through a cellular connection on iPhone or iPad
• Improves stability including an issue which could occur after adding speed change effects to clips in your movie
* Fullscreen video preview while editing requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
I use this editing app for many things. It’s great and it’s easy transportation is simple and useful. Maybe some more texts and the ability to add many Pictures or videos to the video would be a awesome addition! Other then that it’s good.
I like this app but to make a movie of a trailer you have to save the video of in other words not delete it It fasts my memories❌
It took me so long to download this app that I played two rounds of snake squad, and got to 2nd place each time. My download got only halfway done. KEEP IN MIND snake squad is not an easy game and I just needed to use iMovie
Why whenever I try to download it says “App Over 150MB” “connect to internet connection” Please fix this now.
I made a review before saying it crashed a lot. But it has started to get better so I love this app again! Yay!
As of now, I am making a film for my school which requires narration. When I add new audio files, the video glitches and misplaces them, sending them completely out of sync. This is very inconvenient since I then have to resync EVERYTHING. This happens every time, as well. I used to love this app, but now... I wouldn’t recommend it.
This is the best editing app in the world but y’all need to fix this app because when I updated it, it started acting a bit weird to where my video sound track was off every time I FREAKING! SAVED THE VIDEO! Please fix Great app but it’s getting annoying!
I use iMovie primarily to add subtitles to videos for work. There’s a glitch on it which causes the text (the letters) to look smashed together, becoming unreadable. On other parts of the video, the text is fine. I have tried different fonts, different sizes, starting from zero, restarting the program, the computer, etc and nothing seems to fix it. It’s quite an odd problem as I can’t find anything on the internet about it either.
First couple times I used it was great. Now it keeps glitching and it keeps deleting my footage. This is not okay.
I love this app SOOOOO MUCH it’s amazing but 1 thing in future could you make it not say that you can’t what the video that you made if you deleted it from camera role because I have no storage. I know this is probably too hard but it’s just a request :D
Amazing! Easy to use and very efficient. I use it on my iPod touch even though my phone is a Samsung! There is nothing like it!!😁😁😁😁😁
When I try to enter the app, it asks me to type in my Apple ID password. I type in the right one and then I go straight back to the home screen. The glitching is really bad and I’ve tried to contact you by phone call except there is no number. How do you expect people are supposed to have a proper conversation if u don’t have a number!?!?! Anyway, this really needs to be fixed. This app is really bad
I think it’s great for people who have less time to edit. But I feel that it should have more features, since some people, pay a lot of money for it.
It is so easy to edit my YouTube videos because on camera you can’t pause the video but on iMovie you can💗
This app is excellent but I don’t like how it’s always in landscape! Please let us choose if we want Landscape or Portrait. Having it in landscape makes it harder for us to add portrait photos/videos! Please fix it!!!
It helps kids develop their technical skills!
I really love iMovie and the way it’s set out. You can edit really well, it never crashes and the people who say it does probably just have bad internet. If you are looking forward to using this, you should be, since it’s amazing. Ok, let’s get to the point. I really wish you could import music from places other than from the cloud or iTunes. I mostly wish you could import music from Spotify. Even though the app says no in app purchases, there kind of is some, since it costs money to buy music from this app (iTunes). Yes, I know Spotify isn’t an apple source but I’m just helping out here, Spotify has thousands of users and if you put “Import from Spotify” in the app as a button, it would for SURE attract more users, and I would give you a new review of 5 stars!! Thanks!
So basically there’s nothing wrong with the app, but just one thing. I think it would be great to have stock videos! Like I’m not talking about videos of mountains or anything, just something like the please stand by video affect. Or a quick video of an explosion! Things that youtubers use. Just an idea! Anyways love this app, and definitely download it.
I been using iMovie for a few years now and I always relied on it, but it’s not reliable anymore. A few things have been broken and don’t seem to work as it use to Ken Burns Enabled/Disabled doesn’t work at all, I can’t do anything with it.
This app is amazing and I’m so surprised with the things it can do . I love making all the movies and trailers which turn out fantastic. I hope everyone else is enjoying this app as much I do. 😜😜😜
I use iMovie to edit my youtube videos and it makes me seem so professional! I love iMovie so much, 10/10 rating for me and I would recommend to a friend. Good job Apple 👏🏻👏🏻
W.O.W I love iMovie, me and my friend always make a movie on iMovie it’s so fun!
Love this app!!, very easy to use and share. But could you please allow text to be able to move and more transitions (i would make a max of €5 for this feature), that would be an amazing feature in your next update .
This app is so good for making movies and stuff like ,me and some friends we made a movie and the quality was really good. iMovie u can stay on it 4 ages and make movies and trailers!
I would highly recommend this app for people to use I have been using it for a year now and I have only found 1 minor problem. It is when I make a movie if I delete or loss a picture or video I can no longer view my creation and it can get very frustrating as I don’t have much storage on my phone and as I make YouTube content it can be a major issue
A good app but I don’t think you should have to keep the photos and videos in your photo library please fix this because me and my brothers love makeing movies
This app is great but extremely limiting No custom font Can’t change font color Can’t have a image show while a video is playing No green screen Not a lot of transition options No audio effects No video effects
No watermarks,no ads,extremely useful in every aspect and ABSOLUTELY FREE!Best editing app by far!