With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
The applications iMovie was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2010-06-24 and
was developed by Apple.
The file size is 658.50 MB.
The current version is 2.2.6 and works well on
11.4 and high ios versions.
• Connect an external display to your iPad or iPhone and choose to mirror the iPad display or preview your video fullscreen while you edit* — with support for uncompressed 4K video output on iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
• Resolves issues which could cause video distortion when editing a vertical video clip with the iMovie edit extension in the Photos app
• Addresses an issue which could prevent sharing videos through a cellular connection on iPhone or iPad
• Improves stability including an issue which could occur after adding speed change effects to clips in your movie
* Fullscreen video preview while editing requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
I Movie is possibly the best mobile video editor it’s fun simple and easy, but it definitely could have more features one that would make it a lot better is green screen.
They should Make it be able to have photos faster instead of 1 second long, be able to make it 0.1 fast. I need it.
I love this app, I love the music and vids but I wish there was a public mode so you can share your creations if you like. I also think their could be more themes like animals or fantasy. Please tell me you thoughts on this, thx
The app is excellent for editing my videos but it's always crashing and lagging. Please fix asap!!
I love this app but maybe add more interesting transitions but overall I use I like this app I use for school as well
I love it but if I could use all the songs it would be amazing!
The app is the superior movie making app!Can you try to think of some updates to make this superior movie making app even more superior?
I want to change the speed of my photos but it doesn’t work, it says in the video for iMovie but when I go into the app and want to change its not available. Am I missing something?
I love using IMovie but it lacks a few features,1. I wish it had a Big library of different sound effects so you could get just the right one 2. I wish you could put on screen affects on like rain, explosions, gun fix etc. 3. (I don’t care much about but would be a good feature is Spotify compatibility. If 1 and 2 are added IMovie in my opinion will be the best by far movie maker and if point 3 is added that would make the ultimate movie maker. Thank you and if you can please reply to this
A good app but I don’t think you should have to keep the photos and videos in your photo library please fix this because me and my brothers love makeing movies
This app is great but extremely limiting No custom font Can’t change font color Can’t have a image show while a video is playing No green screen Not a lot of transition options No audio effects No video effects
No watermarks,no ads,extremely useful in every aspect and ABSOLUTELY FREE!Best editing app by far!
I used to use this app for everything because its such a good app, but I'm not able to download it now for some reason, I have an iPad mini, so it would be great if you made it compatible with iPad minis
I just want you to know that it’s a great app for you and for me
This is one of the most influential apps I’ve installed it just does everything for me when I want to do it couldn’t recommend it higher
It’s easy, allowing people of all ages to enjoy and create their favorite videos in the click of a finger. It’s useful for last minute gifts to! (Ya kno the ones where you get a text off your friend sayin stuff about how their party is gonna be lit and your like I forgot and you didn’t get them a gift) well just throw a couple shrek images or somethin and type your my best friend and kaboom now you got a lit video to show the fam thank me later😂
I love this app and I have no problems with it at all !!! I use this for my YouTube videos for my YouTube channel (Hollys Diys ) AMAZING