Direct Remote is a Wi-Fi remote control for your DIRECTV receiver that allows you to control your receiver using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad from anywhere on your Wi-Fi network. Works with Genie Client Receivers as well as RVU enabled TV sets. See notes below to check compatibility with your DIRECTV system.
• Voice control for DIRECTV receivers!
• Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
• Quick tuning for up to 65 favorite channels
• Shortcuts and home widgets
• Program guide for favorite channels
• Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
• Automatically discovers receivers on network
• Enables easy control in dark
• Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
• Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
• Works with DIRECTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
*** Requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
• Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
• Compatible models are all Genie receivers and clients, HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24, H25 and all newer receivers. Also works with 3rd party RVU enabled TV sets. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
• Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV power or volume
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, feel free to contact me using the support link.
The applications Direct Remote for DIRECTV was published
in the category Utilities on 2012-08-10 and
was developed by David Likosar.
The file size is 64.45 MB.
The current version is 3.10 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
• Added night mode with a dark background (enable from the main menu).
• Fixed several bugs including one with voice control.
This app is not working at all, how do I get a refund?
I purchased this app because my Direct TV remote is not working properly. The problem with this app is that you need the Direct TV remote to set it up on your phone. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose?
DirecTV said they do not have voice remotes because I could use the DirecTV Remote App. This App does not recognize voice for more than a few seconds, so it is useless. There is no numeric keypad so you have to keep the remote and the iPhone on hand.
Waisted time and my .99 doesn’t work and the tutorial is so confusing
Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time or money getting this app.
It works at first then doesn’t work at all. I deleted it and downloaded it again worked then didn’t????
It worked the first time I used it.. now it doesn’t work.. i can’t able to switch channels with it..
Save your buck. Does not work
“Having read the positive reviews, I’m sure there’s a remedy.” I eventually realized my Directv Internet connection was off. I reconnected, and now I love it! VERY RESPONSIVE
Garbage. Wish I could be refunded. The general idea was nice but the actual app itself lacks in every area. Don’t waste your money on this.
Does not work, do not buy
I found that this app works very well. After I downloaded a new iOS, however, I was having a problem. I contacted the developer, and got an immediate email back suggesting a solution that worked like a charm. The only suggestion I would have for improvement would be to add the ability to swipe and see what is coming up on a channel (as you can do with the Guide on the handheld remote). Still, this is a great app and deserves five stars.
Doesn’t work Keep your dollar
Trying to launch, but flashes screen and then goes to iPhone screen home screen
Doesn’t work with my iPhone X, it won’t open. Just got ripped off for $.99, I wonder how many other people will get ripped off before someone does something about it.
My dogs chewed up my remote so I bought the app and it so doesn’t work!!! I’d like my money back.
There goes my 99 Cents :( won’t open.
Does not work avoid
This is a great app...when it works. It was easy to set up initially, but not now. When my phone updated to iOS 11, 11.1, 11.1.1, and 11.1.2 the app had to be reinstalled and the set up was more difficult. Now, with 11.1.2, I cannot get it to work at all. It says it is successfully installed, but when I try to use it, nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Total fail. Everything looks right, except it has no information from the tv and tapping on any item has no effect. Disappointing and annoying at the least, now I lack appropriate words to adequately express my extreme frustration and annoyance. It’s too bad because it really is nice when it works.