Turn your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion with the free Roku® mobile app.
Stream hundreds of hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel, use it as a second remote, enjoy private listening, and more.
The free Roku mobile app makes it easy and fun to control your Roku player and Roku TV™.
Use the Roku mobile app to:
• Control your Roku device as another remote
• Stream hit movies, TV shows and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Enjoy private listening* with headphones
• Use your voice or keyboard to search for movies, shows, actors, and directors
• Cast videos, photos, and music to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku device
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your keyboard
To use certain features of the Roku mobile app, you must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device. Certain features require a compatible Roku device, and may require logging in to your Roku account.
· Searching by voice is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada only.
· The Roku app is available in English only in Mexico.
* Mobile private listening is available for Roku Express, Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (3600, 3800, 3810), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra and Roku TVs.
** Subscription or other payment may be required to access certain channel content. Channel availability is subject to change and varies by country.
For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://support.roku.com
The applications Roku was published
in the category Entertainment on 2011-12-15 and
was developed by ROKU INC.
The file size is 135.83 MB.
The current version is 6.0.10 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Recent updates you may have missed:
· The Roku Channel is now streaming in this app, at home or on the go, even without a Roku account
· You now have thousands of free movies & TV episodes, plus live news in the palm of your hand.
· This app is now your place for free TV while you’re walking the dog, waiting at the train station, picking the kids up from soccer… you get the idea.
· The remote is still here, so you won’t have to dig through the depths of your couch to find the one you lost.
· We fixed some stuff under the hood and made overall improvements you’re gonna love or maybe not even notice.
· Happy streaming!
Seriously, while I have been waiting for a replacement remote to show up, this app has given me reason to buy an Apple TV. At no point in nearly a week has it found my device via WiFi. Absolutely garbage.
Absolutely love this! It works better than my actual remote for my Roku!!
I tried using the personal listening feature with my headphones, it wouldn’t work even though it said it was working on the app (no my headphones aren’t broken). Then after a minute of frustration I exited the app and decided to listen through my TV. Except now sound apparently isnt a feature working with my roku. Hopefully simply reseting my roku will fix the issue but still pressed. 1 out of 5 stars deleting the app now💀😂
Can’t find remote and I have a Roku tv which I would love to have away to locate because right now I’m using my phone
Error message Just like with my old Roku 1 the remote app worked for a short time then never again. Now with the Roku ultra, it worked for a day or two but now it won’t connect. It was really buggy when it did. Useless as a remote.
Good but works here and there. You have to disconnect your roku and plug it back in or close the app and launch again. Whichever works first. Sometimes and by some I mean most times it doesn’t connect when you try pairing from the app itself. Says device not connected to same network. Useful until you find your control. I still can’t find mine so I’m biting the bullet.
Works better than the actual remote that came with the device.
I love it works great I can walk all control my tv from any where in my house
Still loaded for two days now it just drain the battery and that’s it no good.
Roku device is turned on and connected to the same network as mobile is! Still never connects - the previous version was working like charm though.
This is the clearest yet what a beautiful app well done every-instruction is on point highly recommended 🤝
This helpfully app
This app was great. It worked better than the actual remote for Roku. Ever since they started trying to make it a streaming channel the control part of this app went to crap. No one cares about streaming Roku through the phone. Fix the remote
Won’t connect to my tv.
The keyboard Doesnt work
I’ve been trying to update this app and it starts to download but doesn’t finish. I deleted the app and now I can’t download the app.??
I downloaded this app, logged in, added the channels and found a show to watch. I need a magnifying glass to see it as it is the size of a postage stamp and there appears to be no setting to make it larger; a huge waste of time! I have an iPad Pro 10.2 and an iPad Pro 12”. And neither allow it to be expanded to the nice large screen size....can’t see a thing so what’s the point?
It makes Roku tv way more easier especially when looking for the remote
All the other apps ask money to use a remote but the Roku app does it for you
I’m in the military and we have a WiFi contract in our building we all share if we decide to buy internet. So I decided to buy this tv after I come from deployment. With my mind every else I lost my remote. I downloaded the app just use it as remote but it gives me the “IP not supported error”. Ive looked everywhere no solution. Thanks Roku thank you for your support.
Great app ,but I had two roku boxes that both died within two weeks of each other for some unknown reason ..customer support was non existent when I looked for assistance ...so yes app is great as long as you have something to use it on .
Great little app for controlling your roku, can be a bit slow when scrolling at times but otherwise it is quite responsive.
Very disappointing no decent channel returning mine
Please make a proper ipad app !!!
Won't recognise my Roku LT even though that and my phone share the same wifi connection.