Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to your Roku. This can be any Roku Streaming Player, Roku Stick or Roku TV (from Hisense, TCL, Insignia and Sharp)! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Roku.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Roku. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Roku app. It will start looking for your Roku(s) on your local network. When a Roku Player, Stick or TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, your Roku will go to the Mirror for Roku install page. Select Add Channel to add the Mirror for Roku receiver on your Roku.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Roku is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Roku that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Roku app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the UC Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
"Worked great!" - 5 STARS - by HeatherWorky
Sure there is a slight delay, but I just turn down the audio on my iPhone and it’s fine. Works perfectly. Was about to pitch my roku but now I can use it with Spotify and other accounts. Thanks!
"Love it !!! Thank you developers" - 5 STARS - by Kenjikaea
It works smoothly for me currently on a iPhone X no lag at all I can watch movies play apps from my smart tv .
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]
The applications Mirror for Roku - AirBeamTV was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2018-05-12 and
was developed by AirBeamTV BV.
The file size is 127.02 MB.
The current version is 3.3.4 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Tried to watch a soccer game using the app, but I just couldn’t. It stops constantly to buffer, making live sports unwatchable. I ended up watching the game on my phone screen.
Huge lag time between device and TV. Only the video casts not the sound. I wanted to watch my cooking classes but that was impossible
This app makes my Roku crash! This app doesn’t work and buying it is a mistake! This was a waste of $4.99 and I either want this app to work or a refund! 👎 But if you can find a way to help me with my issue or give me a refund that would be very appreciated.
Waste of money. Doesn't work with mesh networks (I use an Eero) and didn't bother advertising that fact in advance. Wish I could get that money back.
This app does not work on my iPhone 6. I made sure both were on the same network, followed the broadcasting instructions and nothing.. would like my money back.
The app is a totall disaster, the movie on the IPhone is playing BUT NOT on the tv only says buffering... Had to call Appl for a Refund you nutCrackers
This app doesn’t even work. If certain WiFi connections will cause the app not to work properly then that needs to be disclosed clearly to people before they purchase it. When I connected this app, it worked for 30 seconds and then shut off “unexpectedly” due to some kind of error. It happened every time I tried to use it. Don’t waste hour time or money on this app.
Works great for screen mirroring. Only problem with this is that I had to talk to someone to help me fix my problem with connecting. BUT!!!!!!!, the support team helped me fix my problem- 24/7 supports- in Little to no time at all. Thanks!!
I bought the app - really disappointed in how many hoops that you have to jump through
I haven’t used my app that much yet, but I can tell you that the customer service is awesome! I was having problems and they were right on top of it emailing me they fixed my problems. Can’t wait to start using the app more. 🤗