Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer and Cricket (Free) App Description & Overview
Considering a PocketRadar or a Stalker Doppler? See our "battlefield" comparison of five speed radars at athla.com/radar
Speed radars that require you to tap the screen are inaccurate. Human reflexes aren't fast enough.
No longer do you have to tap the screen or ask a second person to hold your device.
Velocity is the first video speed radar to work hands-free and calibrate within 0.3mph of a $1,200 Doppler.
Discover if you have natural talent in Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Cricket, Soccer, Hockey or Lacrosse.
"This app is awesome...my coach has a high tech hand held police grade radar gun...we put this app to the test and it didn't fail" - CurtisR33
"Super simple to setup (be sure to check out the very helpful videos) and very accurate" -Peace
"It took awhile to set up the location of the phone but after that, it worked so well...more affordable than a real radar gun and the same accuracy" -Fierygloberr674
Please note before you purchase!
• Outdoor use only
• Speed radar capability requires iPhone 5S or higher, iPad 3rd Gen or higher, iPad Mini 2nd Gen or higher needed. (Lower end devices can be used to mirror speeds from higher end devices.)
• Selfie mode requires iPhone 6/6+/6S/6S+ or iPad Pro
• Velocity Free measures speeds up to 35mph for free (40 mp if you tell a friend) so you can test the app before unlocking higher speeds via an in app purchase.
• Velocity Ultimate unlocks all the radars for a single low price.
Transform your iPhone or iPad into a revolutionary video camera speed radar!
AS SEEN IN
• Apple's Commercial "Change is in the Air" Game Changing Apps
• "Best App Across Multiple Sports" Finalist Sports Technology Awards
• Finalist TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield Top 26 from over 700 companies
• Gold Award for Sports & Recreation -- Davey Awards
• Inc. Magazine, Mashable.com, and CNN
• Tabby Awards - Finalist for Best Sports App
Audiences can download the Free version to connect and see your speeds from the stands.
COMPLETELY HANDS FREE
• Simply place your iPhone or iPad about 20 feet away and 20 feet to the side then kick, pitch or serve in-line and in-view of your device.
• The speed of your baseball pitch, soccer kick, cricket bowl, or tennis serve appears on the surface of your device.
• Velocity uses only the camera in your device.
• Use Velocity on a field, rink or court, or simply in a backyard at home.
HIGHEST ACCURACY AVAILABLE
• Velocity calibrates to within +/- 0.3 mph of the Stalker II Pro ® , a $1,200 speed radar used by over 30 professional teams.
• The accuracy can exceed Doppler radars on balls with vertical trajectories.
• See athla.com/blog for calibration details and more
DISCOVER YOUR INNER ATHLETE
• Five sports available now: Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Cricket and Soccer
• Discover the speed of your pitches, serves, and kicks
• Over 500,000 data points are trackable. Track your improving speeds across coaching sessions, the sports season, or across several years.
• Share speeds with coaches to show what you have achieved.
• Compare your pitch, serve and kick speeds to friends across the season.
• Discover unrealized talent in yourself and others.
• Coaches can track the speeds of an entire team and discover unrecognized improvement.
• Geotag locations to unlock message boards. Find friends in your local neighborhood. No one ever has to practice alone.
BRING THE STADIUM HOME
• Mirror your speeds on up to seven other devices
• Bring the stadium experience home to your own community.
• Audiences can see the speeds as players practice or play similar to professional games.
• Add Bluetooth speakers, turn on “Voice Announce”, and Velocity will speak the speeds to the team or an audience.
• Optimized for outdoor use only.
• 130 mph max speed on iPhone 6/6+
• 110 mph max speeds: on iPad Air, iPad 4th Gen, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad Mini 2nd Gen, and iPhone 5s+
• 100 mph max speed for iPhone 5 and 5c.
Velocity by Athla - Rediscover the Power of Play
• Win a FREE PITCHING MECHANICS evaluation! Athla has partnered with the team at PitchHarder.com. To enter, simply post one of Velocity's Selfie Mode Videos using an iPhone 6 or higher onto Instagram or FaceBook. We choose a new winner every Sunday!
• Fixed an outdoor hockey in-app purchase bug.
• iPhone 6 Selfie Mode is available again! Turn it on in Settings. Please email us if there are any devices out there that still experience lock ups.
Do you like Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer and Cricket (Free) apps? Please share!
Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer and Cricket (Free) App Tips & Tricks
Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer and Cricket (Free) Screenshots
Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer and Cricket (Free) Video
Athla Velocity: Hands-Free Speed Radar for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer and Cricket (Free) Reviews
Only free for kids 8 and under. The free version is only for speeds up to 40 mph. They say "free upgrade" if u share the app with others and again it only goes up to 40 mph. Other than that it's ok.
By Bozeman Lax
This app is lots of fun! The speed seems to be very consistent and it is easy to use!
Been using this app for 3 months and able to build up my pitchers speed by 3-5 mph faster.
Don't buy the upgrade
Downloaded thinking I could clock my sons pitch speed in game. Found out I had to purchase an upgrade to unlock speeds over 40. Purchased the upgrade. Next, I find out the camera has to be set up 20ft in front and 20ft to the side in order to work! This should be clearly stated before the upgrade not after!!! Don't spend the money unless u wanna just check bullpen!
Impressive speed radar from iPhone
I measured app against tennis speed radar item called netplayz and got similar readings. So $11 for the app or $100+ for radar gun or tool.
4.5 tennis player. I use it for serve and measuring different strokes and seeing speed variation.
Idk if it's free or not
By Joshua 1227
Saw this app on Facebook and decided to give it a try. I have a Bushnell Velocity gun that I normally use during baseball practice or my 13 yr old son's pitching practice. This app is way better and much easier to use. I purchased the higher velocity in app purchase ($11.99) due to my son throwing harder than 35-40 mph. The regular app is free. Set up was super easy (they have an instructional video if you need it). Based on their side by side comparison video (YouTube), it's more accurate than my Bushnell gun too. The Bushnell gun didn't readout about 25% of the time, and so far, this app hasn't missed once! My son tried off speed, fastballs and breaking balls, and it picked up every pitch from the mid 40s to the upper 60s. This app works great!
Not used like a real radar gun - set up is absurd
Save your money
Love the app
Great app for all sports
App does everything it says. Me and my son used it in our back yard with a fence and trees without a problem. I will say that you need light. We tried it outside the first day around 8:30 pm and didn't get the results. The next day we were back out there around 4 and worked like a charm. We both love it
Love it. Use if for my daughter pitching fast pitch softball. Seems consistent and fairly accurate.