SkyDroid - Golf GPS gives you your distance to every green on the course and more. Golf GPS that is easy to use, has a beautiful design, and there are no subscription, usage or course download fees.
We have over 30,000 courses available, with new courses being added every day of the year. You can view the entire course list on our website: www.skydroid.net.
Add new courses (if yours is missing) to our system using our web based Course Mapper tool (see skydroid.net for details and tutorial).
Feel free to contact us with questions ([email protected])
Note: See our usage note below for help on searching for courses.
• Clean and Clear design
• Distances to the front, center and back of every green on the course
• Distances to course features (water hazards, bunkers, target points)
• Satellite image of every green and course
• Shot Tracking: Track the distance of your drives!
• Find your distance to ANY point on the course.
• GPS Accuracy indicator (tap at anytime to find your exact accuracy)
• Distances in yards or meters
• Auto Hole advance
• Works Internationally!!
• Audio updates to the center of the green. A great hands-free way to use SkyDroid.
• Book discounted tee times directly through SkyDroid.
No other fees are involved, and you can download as many courses you want without any other charges.
With SkyDroid – Golf GPS, our simple-to-use design will have you spending your time on your golf game, not on clicking buttons.
View all our courses at www.skydroid.net/courses.php
View our FAQ at www.skydroid.net/faq.php
• SEARCHING for Courses: When searching for courses by name, you can just search for "Aug" instead of "Augusta National Golf Course" (leave out the quote marks).
• SEARCHING for Courses: Radar button will find Mapped courses within 25mi/40km of your current location.
• To save battery power, click your power button to turn off the screen when not in use.
• Set your GPS Keep Alive in the SkyDroid settings to control how long GPS stays active when SkyDroid is in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• GPS accuracy can vary over time (click the GPS signal strength icon at any time to see your accuracy).
• Before playing a course preview its mapping by clicking the link for the course name at www.skydroid.net/courses.php (best done using a large screen). Let us know of any mapping issues, or make changes yourself.
• If we don’t have your course, you can add it as long as there is a satellite image of the course available in Course Mapper.
• Change distance measurement (yards/meters) in the app Settings available on the in-app Menu.
• While playing golf you will only incur data usage while using the Satellite View screen. Course downloads can be done at home over Wi-Fi and are small in size.
Enjoy your round!!
The applications SkyDroid - Golf GPS was published
in the category Sports on 2011-01-05 and
was developed by Folla Media, LLC.
The file size is 24.42 MB.
The current version is 1.10.1 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
• iOS8 compatibility issues
• audio announcement & playback interruption bug fixes
• enlarge UI elements for larger devices
• other minor bug fixes
This app is great and has found every course I have played at and downloads them almost instantly. Only wish it had a scorecard attached to track scores.
The android version can keep score. Why can't the iPhone version do that?
UPDATE: After writing my original review below, I decided to delete & reinstall the app on my phone; that made things worse! Several courses that I have played using SkyDroid are no longer available for download. I tried both on my iPhone and on my desktop computer at the SkyDroid web site; those courses have disappeared from SkyDroid. So, I decided to follow the suggestion to map a course using SkyDroid’s mapping tool; that failed to work on both my desktop computer and iPhone. I am waiting to hear back from the developer(s), but at this time, I’m very discouraged and disappointed. An app that used to be one of my favorites is now almost useless to me. I hope that all of my issues will be resolved, but unless that happens, I cannot recommend SkyDroid to anyone, nor can I give it more than one star. I have been using SkyDroid for several years, and until recently, had been thrilled with it. However, during the past couple of months, it has been giving very incorrect distances to the green for anywhere from one to four holes during an 18-hole round. This has occurred on at least three different courses. For example, my ball might be sitting near the 150 yard marker, yet SkyDroid will indicate 240 yards to the middle, 260 yards to center, and 280 to the back. I have completely quit the app, then relaunched it - no change. I have enabled SkyDroid to use my phone’s Location Service at all times - no improvement. Occasionally, if I wait a minute or two, and gently shake my phone, the yardage numbers will improve - but not always to the correct distance. I am very disappointed, because SkyDroid had been one of my favorite and most used apps. I love the simplicity of a basic yardage provider; I do not want or need the ability to keep my score or track the distance of shots with each club. To the creators of SkyDroid: please fix this issue; I love the concept of your app, and really hope to regain confidence in it.
I used to have this app on my android phone until it died and I switched to an iPhone. It is a great app but I miss the score tracking. If this app allows score keeping on iPhones, I will change my rating to 5 stars. Do you see those coming to iPhones anytime soon?
Been using SkyDroid all summer. My course plus 6 others. Very accurate...always comparable to buddies’ $300 range-finders. So I figure I’ve saved my self at least $298. Go for it.
App layout is fine (I prefer even simpler layout), but I have now downloaded 5 golf gps apps on my iPhone 6+ and they are all equally inaccurate. They are all inaccurate enough to not use while playing. They may be ok for getting course layout, but my position on the map is somewhere within 30 yards of where I'm actually standing... useless...
I have used this app for 2 years and it works great for me. However, I just got an Apple Watch and found that it doesn't support the watch. Guys, you need to fix that or I will move on. Once you lose me I am gone for good...
Ive had this app for a few years now. It is easy to use and pretty accurate.
simple to use. it is a great little app.
Love the app, just the simple basics and easy to see and read. Love it.
I’ve tried numerous golf gps apps but this one is by far the best I’ve ever used. No annoying adds, easy to use and accurate. Does everything a standalone golf gps does with out the ridiculous price. Thoroughly recommended.+++
Have had this app for a few years and have never had an issue with it, I have tried a lot of rangefinder apps and this one is by far the best. All they need now is to incorporate the AppleWatch
I live this app. Excellent.
An easy to use app that's as good as a dedicated golf GPS unit.
If you want yardages, and don't like having to scroll through screen after screen of user data, this is the app you want. It's simple perfection!! Fast and ultra easy to use. To the developers: DON'T CHANGE IT!!!! Thank you!
I couldn't ask for a better, more accurate, easy to use app. Well done. No pop up in-app purchases which is refreshing. Props to the developers for such a well done app.
NOT THIS ONE MY I PHONE 5 IS NEW AND DID NOT MAKE IT PAST NUMBER 14 ,ALSO CANT SEE THE APP EVEN ON THE BRIGHTEST SETTING ON MY PHONE.
Awesome app. Love it so much all it needs Is a scorecard and it would be 5 stars golf app isn't really awesome till you can keep your score on it.
It's as accurate as my range finder. Matches up exactly with other $$$$ GPS golf apps. Save your money and get this one!
Great app easy to use a must get
Love this app ! Even a small town course near my father in law's house was on the list. And my yardages matched his Sky Caddie device all day long.
I love the simplicity and ease of use of this app. I've used this app for over a year now. During that time I tried several others with fancier artwork and more "features". Several times I would start a round with the other app and a couple of holes in would switch to this app. I found other apps had too many screens to navigate and drained my iPhone battery quickly. I also do not want to spend much time between shots fiddling with my phone... get in, get the info, get out and get my head in the next shot. I also like being able to check the mapping myself. Thanks for a great app at a great price!
With golf being so hard it’s very nice to have something so simple to help me along the way. Easy to find new course or old saved course. If you have advanced your game where you know (for the most part) how far you hit your irons, than the SkyDroid app is something you should consider. I have given it 5 starts….tells me what I need to know, when I need to know it and it was CHEAP!
This didn't work at all like I thought it would. It doesn't show where you are at on the hole like others do. The tracking and location was not good at all and unlike others it didn't have a map of the course, a scorecard, and the distance tracker did not work at all. It is not a good purchase and I am very disappointed in it.