Tenuto App Description & Overview
Tenuto is a collection of 20 highly-customizable exercises designed to enhance your musicality. From recognizing chords on a keyboard to identifying intervals by ear, it has an exercise for you. Tenuto also includes five musical calculators for accidentals, intervals, chords, analysis symbols, and twelve-tone matrices.
A short description of the exercises and calculators follows. For a full list of all available customizations, visit the "Developer Website" link on this page or open http://tenuto.link/features/ in your web browser.
• Note Identification
• Key Signature Identification
• Interval Identification
• Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the written staff line. For example: if shown a C, E, and G with a sharp; tap the "Augmented Triad" button.
• Note Construction
• Key Signature Construction
• Interval Construction
• Chord Construction
Construct the specified label by moving notes and/or adding accidentals. For example: if shown a C and an "Augmented 4th" label, move the second note to F and add a sharp.
• Keyboard Reverse Identification
Tap the piano key corresponding to the written note on the staff. While similar to Note Identification, this exercise uses a piano keyboard rather than note name buttons.
• Keyboard Note Identification
• Keyboard Interval Identification
• Keyboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the highlighted piano key(s). If the C and G keys are highlighted, tap the "P5" (Perfect 5th) button.
• Fretboard Note Identification
• Fretboard Interval Identification
• Fretboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the marked fretboard position(s). If the 2nd fret of the D string is marked, tap the "E" button.
• Keyboard Ear Training
• Note Ear Training
Listen to the played reference and question notes. Select the piano key or note button corresponding to the question note.
• Interval Ear Training
• Scale Ear Training
• Chord Ear Training
Tap the button corresponding to the played notes. If E and F are played, tap the "Minor 2nd" button.
• Accidental Calculator
Display the accidental for a note and key.
• Interval Calculator
Display the interval for a note, type, and key.
• Chord Calculator
Display the chord for a note, type, and key.
• Analysis Calculator
Display the chord for a symbol and key.
• Matrix Calculator
Display the twelve-tone matrix for a specified tone row.
• Fixes an issue in Keyboard Ear Training and Note Ear Training where replaying a question resulted in silence.
• Fixes an issue in Key Signature Construction where the "Note Name" customization would reset.
• Adds a descending arrow in Interval Construction when "Direction" is set to ‹Both›.
Do you like Tenuto apps? Please share!