Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates, and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANIZE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
The applications Amazon Alexa was published
in the category Music on 2014-12-10 and
was developed by AMZN Mobile LLC.
The file size is 308.77 MB.
The current version is 2.2.250839.0 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
Apple Music coming week of December 17th:
* Apple Music subscribers can play Apple Music on their supported Alexa devices
* Easily link your Apple Music account by going to Settings > Music
Laggy and slow mixed together with frequently crashing- this app is a nightmare! I don't understand as Alexa is so great, yet she's totally let down by this b-grade app. Skills search is disappointing, and awkward: you scroll through acres of results and after you've looked at one and go back you're returned to the top of your search result list- ridiculous! Also: please make Skills searchable the language they're available in, or add more filters so I can easily find german Skills as an expat in Australia. I'm sure there are others who would find this extremely useful!
I had Alexa working with an Australian accent on my Sonos beam and One surround system and then tried the app and Alexa doesn’t work at all she says she can’t understand and has an American accent. Not only will she do any of the new functions the app promised to be able to do but she no longer does ANYTHING! Don’t try if you have a working Alexa in Australia
Unable to even get this running, useless
Given how good the reviews are of the Echo devices I was surprised by how poor the app is. You pretty much have to work around the app rather than have it make managing Alexa enabled devices easier. Automatic pairing to devices was a solid miss - all but one Echo device had to be set up manually. There’s no prompt to name the device, only the ‘Group’ it is in. Groups aren’t explained but their purpose can be inferred. Actually naming the device meaningfully so you can ‘Drop in’ on it requires some hunting around in the app. It’s all doable but it’s such an obvious user need it ought to be prompted as part of the set-up (‘What do you want to call this device?’) To be clear - this one star review is of the app, not the device. The devices are great, despite the app not because of it. I expected better from Amazon, frankly.
Difficult to set up on 3 different iOS devices. Shuts down regularly, wouldn’t install. Ugh to many issues that outweigh the benefits.
This version is too slow to be useful- Need to go back to October version
bought it because apple music was promised before christmas. LIARS. Doesnt appear at all and doesnt work.
I pray to god someone sees this post before they buy Alexa so they may be saved. Because it’s too late for the rest of us. 1. App (which is required) is the worst I have ever seen. Crashes constantly, incredibly slow and not intuitive at all 2. Alexa has not got the same functionality in Australia as she does in US. At all. Limited 3. Alexa can not tell you the travel time between 2 points unless you load and set them as your designated home and work addresses 4. Alexa can not play from different playlists 5. Amazon cares so little about customers they haven’t addressed the one star reviews on this app 6. Alexa doesn’t always respond 7. Can’t shop from Alexa and order stuff
Alexa didn’t work properly in Australia. I couldn’t connect my Apple Music account, I couldn’t buy Amazon Unlimited subscription as it works only with US cards, I couldn’t even connect my Audible library due to some unknown reasons. I tried to reach out to support, but there is no online support for Australia, only through emails. Absolutely terrible experience.
The app is not user-friendly at all. Super convoluted and confusing to navigate around, definitely needs a complete redesign. Also once again the big American corporations forget about poor little Australia. They released Apple Music compatibility for Amazon Alexa in the US but it’s not available in Australia. 🙄