Plan optimal routes or chart your own course using weather, elevation, curves and more. Then navigate safely with voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that automatically check your route for severe weather.
Test all features free for 7 days.
***As seen on the TODAY show in the Traveling This Summer segment***
“adding to both the safety of the ride and the pleasure of knowing beforehand what to expect” - Florin Tibu, “autoevolution”
“I used InRoute for planning six world record attempts. No weather app gives you more information, period.” - Carl Reese, Multiple World Record Holder
Key Features (some require in-app purchase--see below):
• Voice guided navigation of up to 100 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in US, Canada and UK areas)
• Optimize waypoint order for fastest time, or manually reorder
• Import from XLSX, GPX and KML files
• Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
• Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
• Search along a route—the whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a place—find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
• Set Departure and Layover Times—weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
• Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
• Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts
• Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, and Waze. Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature. See the in-app FAQ for more info
• Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
• Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
The following are available after in-app purchase.
- Add more than 5 places per route, weather and elevation charts/custom routes, voice navigation, iCloud sync, export, layovers, advanced route search
- For additional details, see the in-app Upgrades screen
Two purchase levels. Test 7 days for free.
1) inRoute Pro: $3.99 monthly, or $29.99 annually. Create routes with up to 100 locations and access all services.
2) inRoute Premium: $14.99 one-time purchase. Create routes with up to 25 locations and access all services.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Since continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, inRoute will automatically shut down if you haven't used it in a while.
The applications inRoute Route Planner & GPS Navigator was published
in the category Navigation on 2013-11-29 and
was developed by Carob Apps, LLC.
The file size is 27.93 MB.
The current version is 5.5 and works well on
9.3 and high ios versions.
Improved management of routes and pins
- A single "Save" button has been added to save both routes and non-route pins, for easier saving of trips with POI pins. Likewise a new single "Clear" button allows removing both pin types.
- New drop-to-map button, next to folders in your Bookmarks, allows folder contents to be easily restored to the map. For example, trips with POI pins can now be restored with one tap.
- Saving multiple non-route pins now automatically creates a folder in your Bookmarks to keep the pins together.
- Create new folders for saved items directly in the save dialog.
Additional ease-of-use updates
- Larger fonts and controls
- Route's departure time displayed at the top of weather charts, for easier verification of this important weather forecast input. All travel times along the route are still available by tapping the distance/time axis.
- Navigation night mode for weather charts and turn-by-turn List
Improvements to map search, file import, offline routing and navigation
I am amazed how smart he made his app. I planned a 2100 mile trip and easily dropped in gas stations every 150 miles, Airbnb's every night, told it I only wanted to ride 6 hrs a day and it told me where to stop, it warned me of extreme weather, warned me I had selected a dirt road (I ignored it and regretted it), and navigated perfectly. First and only app to so perfectly anticipate everything you will need for long trips. My kudos to the developer! I honestly want to give this developer a $100 tip, it's so good.
This app has everything you could want but it suffers from no ads. This app is completely unusable unless you buy it or subscribe and for that it's completely useless. You can't even use the gps until you pay.
I like this app a lot. It can pick up many of the newer streets. I don't like the fact that the route is in all blue which makes it difficult to know where you have been and where you are going especially in the more rural areas where turns are tight. The rerouting feature may also need to be looked at as many times it makes the route much much longer than needed.
Once you wrap your head around the slightly quirky functionality of this app, it becomes extremely powerful for planning road trips, estimating arrival times, distances between multiple stops, ETAs and just about everything else you want to do when planning a driving trip. That said, some things are a bit non-intuitive making the user experience a bit frustrating. But the pros far outweigh the cons. The developer is also super friendly, helpful and open to suggestions. As well as quick to reply. The app seems to be under continuous development and improvement as well. Although I paid for the premium in-app navigation, I ended up not using it because it relies on Apple's awful maps. I wish this app could tap into Google maps, which would also allow me to use it to plan bicycling trips. Take some time to learn the app's idiosyncrasies, it's worth it. I've tried all the route panning apps, and by far this is the best one. This is a 5-star app hampered by a few things. In time I expect it to reach 5 stars.
This app is great for routing if you know where you want to go. The free version only allows six waypoints, so you must purchase the full version if you want to go over that. There is a way around that. Just break your trip into sections that contain only six waypoints. A pain in the butt but it is cheap. Good luck and ride safe!
Easy to set-up: Origin, waypoints & destination. Paid for the upgrade. Worth it.
I use it to plan motorcycle rides. It is the most awesome app, easy to use, and vary comprehensive route planner. I love this App!!
InRoute works really well for planning RV trips with its variety of search options, interactive maps, etc.
This has been the best app for trip planning!!!
I'm a delivery driver for UPS and this app has sent me to dead ends or it told me I arrived at location well over 100 yards away. This is a great template for an app but needs to be WAY more accurate.
Great route planning navigation app.
Throughout all the versions this app just keeps getting better and better. The most awesome thing is the practically instant response to any request for support and fixes to the app overnight. A huge plus for any app with me.
We downloaded this app to use to plan long distance motorcycle trips. Turns out this app is great for all trips including RV travel. The free version allows 5 way points so we paid to upgrade to 25 waypoints. Very easy to use. Allows turning waypoints off and on and changing the starting, midpoints and ending points.
Great app, just what I needed. Couldn't be more happy thank you.
Great app but I wish I could have it on my iMac to help with routes for my business
I have over 350 apps on my iPhone 7 Plus, and this is easily my all time favorite app. I've been using it since the first release and I look forward to each and every update. Bar none, nothing comes close to this app when it comes to route planning. Nothing else gives you the stand alone capabilities, while still supporting spectacular exporting and importing of various route file types from other desktop applications to other apps. It blows Google Maps away - and Tyre too. No more GPS and no more lugging a laptop around. This does it all - even when following the route and you loose a data signal. You still get where you need to go. Its that good.
This app should be a part of everyone's essential downloaded apps
I signed up for the $2.99/mo version to try it. It works okay, some things take too many steps and back/forth to get it to work the way I want to. Overall it is helpful, so I clicked to buy the one-time $14 download...and now I can't get them to stop billing me for $2.99/month! I even reported to apple, but just got charged again....ridiculous!
Muy buena ayuda
I used to use trucker path but it never gave directions so I would either wind up on a no truck route. But with this I can grab my atlas put in my turns myself and let it take me there. Very nice app. Minus one star for price.