Premier field collection and data viewer for iPhone and iPad.
- No desktop GIS software required.
- No prior GIS training required.
- Completely offline capable.
- Cache (download) open source topographic maps, street maps and satellite imagery straight from device.
- Import ESRI Shapefiles and KML/KMZ files including attributes.
- Attribute fields include: Alphanumeric (Description), Photos, numerical values, user defined list of values, addresses, websites, date & time, telephone number, check box.
- Easily collect new point, line, and polygon features in the field by GPS or drawing manually.
- Enter attribute values for each feature and/or add new attribute types at time of collection.
- Create templates of user defined feature classes with custom attributes.
- Comes loaded with numerous example feature templates for professional use in Forestry, Wetland Delineation, Stream Surveys, and Real Estate.
- Import and export data wirelessly by email. Larger data sets can be imported/exported by connecting to any computer with itunes.
- Organize by projects and layers
- Best-in-class performance.
Check our website to see videos, documentation and more information about the "Pro" version. Please note that all the features of the GIS Pro version (such as Shapefile export) are available through in-app purchase in this app as well.
Please note that a separate license is required for each user or each device that is used by multiple users. See http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html for details. Also see http://www.apple.com/business/vpp for information on purchasing in volume.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The applications GIS Kit was published
in the category Navigation on 2011-08-05 and
was developed by Garafa, LLC.
The file size is 16.33 MB.
The current version is 3.21 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
This program is a scam, shuts down when u try and change back ground and no way to contact tech support for help or problem solving, stay away!
This App has its issues and could be much better. The best GIS App on the market is WolfGIS. Used it for 3 years with no issues.
Worth every penny. No subscription fees. Switched to this from wolfgis pro a long time ago and I'm never going back. I can't understand what everybody's problem is with this app. It's been my go to GIS app for over three years now and I haven't found anything comparable.
It is a super powerful app with tons of great features. Sadly it crashes from time to time. I find that if I close everything else it runs just fine 99.9% of the time. I do hope for further updates for the semi-pro GIS app. I use it regularly and would likely be lost without it.
I bought this incredibly expensive app at a friend's recommendation to use in a remote area of Africa with no access to the network. So far I have not been able to download a complete, high resolution map of any area and the app crashes frequently. Save yourself the frustration of trying to use this very pricey, poorly executed app. The app developer offers no technical support and deflects requests for refund by sending me to the Apple Store. Don’t waste your money.
I give up. It's been the better part of 2 years since GIS Kit worked. I told the company all the things that were wrong....they told me to contact Apple directly for a refund. Take our money and run, huh? I don't even think the company Garafa exists anymore to be honest. I have tried to look them up and call, number disconnected. Whatever, I use Collector now.
The program crashed and I lost 3 hours of valuable field work! The program was updated the next day, so we will see what happens next! 2016 Still crashes, but a great little field app. Does what it promises. If I knew they would update it, I would purchase the full pro version.
I love this app. But I am losing my patience with the stability issues that started after the release of iOS 8. The recent updates fixed some of the issues, but it still crashes way too much to warrant the cost. With iOS 9 coming out I am starting to doubt this app will ever be as good as it used to be. All that would require is fixing stability problems, but he developers are incredibly slow to fixing these issues.
Do not buy this app!!!! Used to be a good app but after the last update it doesn't work anymore. Support refuses to answer emails. No contact at all. Total waste of 100 bucks. I almost bought to pro version. Glad I didn't.
Sad to see a really capable app getting sorely neglected. Not what I expect for the price I paid for this app. No serious update in a very long time. Not optimised for iPhone 6 plus. Constantly crashes. Unless you see the app being updated and maintained actively, please do not buy.