AN OSCAR WORTHY APP - 8mm was used by director Malik Bendjelloul in his Oscar-winning film "Searching for Sugar Man"!
The original retro film camera used by millions of users.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support up to 4K HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 8 Lenses: Super 8, 16mm, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 13 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan, Two-Color, 2-Strip and 3-X.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
The applications 8mm Vintage Camera was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2010-12-23 and
was developed by NEXVIO INC..
The file size is 28.78 MB.
The current version is 3.0 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
• 8mm Vintage Camera is now an universal app that supports both iPhone and iPad
• Supports video zoom
• A new 16mm style frame
• A new film: 3-X inspired by retro black and white reversal film
When I try to access videos from my iCloud the app shuts down, please fix this and I will rate 5 stars
Probably my most favorite app, but right now it keeps shutting down even when I try to incorporate one of my videos so I can transition it to “film” quality, won’t even bother with a 6second video without crashing, where as before it would do a HD Nikon video that was 2min in duration with ease and wouldn’t kick me off of the app. I’d LOVE for this to be fixed so I can go back to being happy and obsessed with this app! Thanks!
I just installed this app so I can make previous films in my roll the retro effect but it didn’t seem to have sound? Am I doing something wrong or is there a way of having the original audio on your clips when you put them through the process?
I’ve loved this app for years. The 8mm stuff is fantastic and gives a truly genuine feel compared to other apps. My ONLY suggestion was to have a 16mm film look. Now it’s here! I am so pumped to use this.
I was waiting for iPad support Thanks for doing that for the iOS community. Mahalo
This app is great - quality video and an easy interface.
I wish the editing for videos I already have was easier. I hate it so far. Looking for a better app.
You really can’t do much, it does definitely do what it tells you it does, but there’s nothing too special. Especially since you have to pay money. It’s an app that you’d be disappointed in spending money on, I’d much rather you spend your money on something else then something you’ll get bored of. You also can’t upload videos and vintage-ize them so that’s not really fun.
THIS IS A GREAT APP. BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE A PHOTO OPTION IS THERE A PHOTO OPTION
I had to update my review to 5 stars because the complaints I had were all my own fault. After looking further through the app, I found what I needed with just a couple of exceptions. First need: I’d like an update to allow control via a selfie stick through the lightening cable port (as on the newer iPhones). Second, a zoom feature! I could figure out how to zoom?! Come on! Even the actual 8mm cameras in the 1960’s had a zoomable lens. Otherwise, I love this app. It’s just hours and hours of fun!!
Such a great app!
I like this app. I want to change frame rate to 18FPS but it’s not possible
Great app but I would love to be able to take a single photo rather than videos.
this is the best app i have ever used in video thanks for making it \
This is so cool. I can't help but use Fortunate son in all my clips, it just fits so well. Great work people.
Wonderful app with great filters! Lets go Time-travel!!
Ouch the new icon!
The app doesn't have advanced camera controls like exposure lock and focus lock. I also have to buy the app twice for both iPhone and iPad, even though they are exactly the same thing.
Makes my work look great even if I am a goof with cameras