SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 1.7 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
The applications SkyView® - Explore the Universe was published in the category Education on 2010-12-10 and was developed by Terminal Eleven LLC. The file size is 89.10 MB. The current version is 3.5.1 and works well on 8.0 and high ios versions.
This release of SkyView addresses a few, small bugs regarding our widget view in iOS 10.
“Hello” I’m having a problem with SkyView today, every time I click on the same star then I click on Wikipedia starts to freeze and closes itself it’s so strange, I don’t know why is it closing itself when I click on the same star is just so strange, but I don’t know why but it hasn’t be closing itself before when I just brought the SkyView but it’s so strange🤔? Can you please fix SkyView from freezing and closing so I don’t have so I do not get annoyed with SkyView because otherwise I will delete it and by the way please fix it😊?
Easy to point and identify a star or object. Can’t accept address to search for a known address for a star or point in space. Google maps will eat this ap when they include off planet locations.
This app is absolutely fantastic. A huge thank you to the developers. It is precise and extremely easy to explore the night sky. It’s so fascinating to see what the stars are called, where the star signs are, identifying planets and even seeing the suns trajectory for the day. Five stars to the developers!
Use this for tracking planets Love it
Image is frozen.
This app is amazing because it shows different constilations and planet, space junk, and even satellites
Have used this app many times over the last few years and have been very pleased with it. But I loaded it on my iPhone 7 and now the planets are not in the right places. It’s not very useful if everything is off. Perhaps there’s away I can recalibrate it. Disappointed. 😕
Well worth upgrading to the paid version of this app. So many more brilliant features and preference settings. I use it purely for tracking satellites and find it much better than the Satellites app. Love it! 🛸🚀🔭
iPhone X Support would be fantastic to leverage the whole screen. Thanks
This is without a doubt, the most extraordinary app I have ever downloaded. It's freakin' awesome.