PRO CHARTS™ - Marine Navigation / Nautical Charts App Description & Overview
MiraTrex PRO CHARTS™ is a powerful, yet easy-to-use marine navigation solution. Whether you’re a fisherman, weekend cruiser, sailor, jet-skier, or an offshore captain needing to find an exact location hundreds of miles offshore, PRO CHARTS™ will get you there and back home safely – with nothing more than your iPhone or iPad.
The free evaluation version displays standard satellite, road, and hybrid maps. An in-app subscription purchase of $2.99/mo or $29.99/yr includes nautical charts, navigational features, and frequent app upgrades.
• High-resolution nautical chart coverage for all U.S. coastal areas, the Great Lakes, major U.S. river systems, and Brazil plus global high-level nautical charts. Charts are automatically updated every 7 days based on NOAA chart corrections. Specialty charts for Mexico available via In-App Purchase
• Easy one-touch Waypoint and Route creation. Pre-plan your routes at home or create them at sea with equal ease. Just touch the screen to create new waypoints and routes.
• Find your friends on the water. With our new Buddy-tracking feature, you can see and meet up with your friends while you’re out on the water. If you’re on your secret spot and don’t want to be seen, you can hide your location with the touch of a button.
• Stay safe. Easily create and send a Float Plan of your trip to a friend or family member. Your Float Plan and location history can be forwarded to search and rescue personnel in case of an emergency.
• Easy point-and-steer navigation. The red heading bug on the large on-screen compass always directs you to the next point on your route. Navigation is as easy as pointing your boat at the heading bug to stay on course.
• No Network. No Problem. PRO CHARTS™ is designed so no internet connection is required to view your charts while out on the water. You simply download in advance any charts you’ll need at sea with the touch of a button.
• Record your tracks. Track your position in real-time and later view your track history.
• Fully indexed point of interest (POI) database including weather, aids to navigation (markers and lights), obstructions, tides, currents, your buddies, and more.
One year - $29.99
Monthly - $2.99
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
-Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
-You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
-You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in the Apple Settings app after purchase.
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Though PRO CHARTS™ will function without a GPS as a chart reader, a GPS-enabled device is required for point-to-point navigation. Third-party Bluetooth GPS units are available to enable GPS for iOS devices such as WiFi-only iPads that do not include a GPS receiver. For offline use where no Internet connection is available, charts must be pre-cached while still on-line and connected, any charts downloaded while online will be available for offline use.
-Added Ruler Function
-Enhanced Buddy Feature
Do you like PRO CHARTS™ - Marine Navigation / Nautical Charts apps? Please share!
PRO CHARTS™ - Marine Navigation / Nautical Charts App Tips & Tricks
PRO CHARTS™ - Marine Navigation / Nautical Charts Screenshots
PRO CHARTS™ - Marine Navigation / Nautical Charts Video
PRO CHARTS™ - Marine Navigation / Nautical Charts Reviews
First off the app did get me where I need to go but not without some major difficulties. I paid for the service and it won't even let me log in! Waste of money!
Good maps, waypoints work, very good
I am new to boating and this app worked as expected. Waypoints worked, maps are detailed, depths, and extras.
By Angry boater
This app is terrible! I could never log into my account to use the features of the subscription! Every time I put in my user/password it would just keep "thinking" and never log in. And the little status bar would keep spinning, trying to log in, when I went back to the chart screen. And for some reason I could not cancel the subscription either for a while. The auto renew button would not move. It kept charging me monthly but I was not able to use any features. Finally turned off auto renew and deleted the app.
Let me try it!
By Jean paul Chaves
You can't even try it with all this buying plans options.
Junk and deceptive
By That boat guy
Don't waste you money or time with this app. Just get the Skipper App and save your money.
Not too bad but not great either
Not a bad app, but it keeps pestering you to buy the upgrade all the time, which annoyed me, and the size of the boat is far too large on the plotter. Can we have smaller boats please that are less than the size of St Lucia?
Not too easy to find way around this app. It did help to pinpoint where we were in the ocean but all other features were extra.
Shame on whoever coded this nightmare.
This app it terrible- it can't even figure out which way our boat was heading... It had us sailing backwards at 6mph. MPH!!! This is a navigational app, please show me speed and distance in KTS. Also it doesn't even show navigational marks on the overlay! Didn't have the courage to buy into any of the "subscriptions" as the base model was a joke.
In the wise words of Flava Flav and Chuck D of PE, "can't trust it"
After talking to the folks at MiraTrex we figured it out. If you have it set to show downloaded maps only it will not download maps. This makes since but I was not thinking about it at the time. So after figuring out how to work it I am happy with the app so far. Have not had a chance to actually put it to use yet but hope to this week. If all goes well I might even bump it in up to five stars.
what the hell happened
This app used to be useful. Now, it's an over glorified, expensive and useless product. Less flash, more product.
Could not use it
By Larry w r
I downloaded this App and subscribed to the maps on Nov 6. I was required to establish an acount. I entered my email address as a user name and my iTunes password. This was rejected. I contacted their Support email on Nov 6 and requested assistance. I recontacted them again a week later. I never received a reply from them. So I had no choice but to delete the app and request a refund from iTunes. Who by the way was very helpful. I then downloaded iNavx and am very happy with it.
By Boston traffic is horrible
No charts unless you want to pay.
Awesome updates!! Love it!
Great app! I’ve used Simple Charts for 2 years and loved it, but the new Pro Charts version is even better!