Discover the DNA of the music you love! Scan your personal Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes library for samples, covers and remixes, and explore WhoSampled's entire universe of deep musical knowledge.
The WhoSampled app can now also identify the music that is playing around you and show you its samples, covers and remixes (available as an in-app subscription for just $9.99 per year or your currency equivalent, subject to the In-App Subscription Terms below).
- Selected by Apple as APP STORE BEST OF YEAR
- The Telegraph's BEST MUSIC APP OF THE YEAR
- Music Ally Digital Music Awards - BEST MUSIC APP
- Listed as one of the best apps in the world by The Next Web, The Sunday Times, The Independent and more
Where was this song sampled? Who covered my favorite artists? What remixes were made for this track? WhoSampled knows! WhoSampled is the music DNA discovery app that lets you explore the music connections in your music collection. Access the world's largest database of sample-based music, cover songs and remixes, and discover who your favorite artists have sampled, or whether your favorite songs have been covered or remixed! It's an essential music discovery tool for anyone into Hip-Hop, Electronic/Dance music, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Reggae, Classical or any other genre.
- Go on a journey of musical discovery built around your own music collection. Scan your Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes music library and discover amazing connections for the songs in it
- Identify the music that is playing around you and immediately see its samples, covers and remixes. Available as an in-app subscription for just $9.99 per year (or your currency equivalent)
- Easy access to the world’s largest and richest database of music DNA, with over 570,000 tracks, 190,000 artists and continuous daily additions. Search for any artist or track even if it is not in your music library
- Beautiful, ad-free, clean interface. Simple and intuitive navigation makes music exploration easy
- Compare tracks side-by-side and listen to full‐length tracks, streamed through YouTube (where available), Apple Music (if you are a subscriber) or Spotify (Spotify Premium accounts only). Please note that your iPhone must not be on silent/vibrate mode in order for audio to play
- “Now Playing” feature – switch from your music player to WhoSampled to discover all the musical connections for the song you’re listening to right now (Apple Music and iTunes only)
- Highly detailed information on any sample (sample timing, sample type, part sampled) lets you pinpoint where the sample was used and compare it with the original
- Share your amazing finds with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers
- Deep and unique music charts that show you trending and top rated content as well as the all-time most influential artists and tracks
- Engage with the WhoSampled community from within the app; comment on and rate any entry in the WhoSampled database
- A host of other features and functionality including links to buy tracks from iTunes, personal favorites list plus contextual recommendations from every sample, cover and remix
Dig deeper into the music you love. Dig into the WhoSampled app.
In-App Subscription Terms
Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
The applications WhoSampled was published
in the category Music on 2012-06-19 and
was developed by WhoSampled.
The file size is 32.03 MB.
The current version is 1.33 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
- Fixed issues with Spotify integration
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
This is the de facto best app for sample references. Been using it for years. Helped me to find and appreciate original music and artists and new music as well.
Awesome app for any producer or just straight up hip-hop head.
Spotify integration still not working
Says my Spotify scans my playlist but says that no tracks matched. Which is very annoying.
3.99 to download the app, then 9.99 to search by microphone audio input, only to be told NAME of song (which I already knew) with no other data.... Could SHAZAM that into for free. Spent 14.98 for NOTHING.
It’s really one of my favorite apps. An absolute must have for any audiophile or even someone who is remotely interested music.
This app is amazing. So helpful to find songs that used the same sample and also finding the source. Great job!!!
BEST APP EVER MADE!
Loooooooooooooove this app talk about useful use it all the time
Just spend the $3.
I was lead to believe this app would be able to identify songs that Shazam can’t by accessing some other database and that’s supposedly why it’s worth paying for I’ve had it for a few months now. it can’t.
This app breaks it all down & I love learning the original samples
Ok when I first starting using this app I did have some minor issues, but they were immediately rectified. This app is made for music lovers like myself and for Hip-Hop heads out there this is the app for you it's just endless and endless of samples of great classics and ones I've never heard before, and can be easily add to your personal Apple Music playlist. By far my favourite app of the last 5yrs hands down I'm just ashamed of myself for only coming across it now deserves more than 5Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
So impressed by this app!! Could spend hours digging my library! Definitely worth the 3$! Cheers
I will be using this app for many years to come, probably forever in fact! Absolutely brilliant and so well out together. You will learn so much about the music you love and discover some utter gems along the way. Anyone who likes music needs this app.
Awesome app I dare someone to find a song that has been sampled more than Amen brother by the Winston's 674 known examples.
Creates a whole new level in your music library, I spent hours going through my tracks learning their roots and found some great new music in the process. Thanks!
For the real music lover. Hours of entertainment and the gateway to so many great songs.
I love this app. Just one thing though. Online you are able to jump to the part where the artist sampled on the song. On the app you can't do that for some reason...you have to do it yourself...other than that it's a great app!
(this is my first ever app review, after nearly 7 years w/ iPhone apps asking me to write a review, this app is so awesome they didn't even have to ask!) anyways, if you truly love music, buy this app. the sense of magic & wonder this app provides is priceless, but sure as hell worth $3.99..thank you for making this amazing app!!
This app is straight up awesome . Can show you most roots and original samples of music . But it crashes whenever I try fixing my account so that's why it doesn't get 5/5 highly recommended
Really hard to compare the original track with the sampled version when they aren't side by side like they are on the website, so I don't understand why I paid money for a more confusing and difficult way to examine songs. Please fix it so that its similar to the website where it plays next to each other.
I was mistaken. The app works if your phone is not on Vibrate. :) It's a great app. I love it.
When I try and type an artist or a track, it doesn't pull up anything. I love the app in general but the only problem I have is it's not searching very good. It doesn't bring up the artist or track. If you could fix this, please do so thank you
I appreciate the recent, long awaited app update(s). WhoSampled, the website and also this app, has been an amazing resource to learn about what sounds went into songs I've known for years. The best bonus of the app, for me, is that it scans my personal music library. WhoSampled forever!
This is a great tool in the production process. The app loads quickly, preventing the creative flow from being broken in the studio. If I need to know whether or not my sample has already been used, this app allows me to efficiently find that out. I've used the website for a while now and have noticed that some videos are not available, and that issue does translate to the app as well. But this isn't for all songs, not even the majority. Just happens sometimes. Overall a great app.
youtube videos play but no audio, please update the app
Thanks! This app is great.