PROBLEMS WITH THE GPS? Please see FAQ #3 and #4 at http://www.coursewalkapp.com/faqs.html . Please contact us directly if you still have issues.
- iPhone: CourseWalk is compatible with this device
- iPad + Wifi + 3G: CourseWalk is compatible with this device
- iPad + Wifi: This device does not have a GPS. An external GPS will need to be purchased to be able to record courses. BadElf GPS: http://bad-elf.com/products/gps/
- iPod: This device does not have a GPS. An external GPS will need to be purchased to be able to record courses. BadElf GPS: http://bad-elf.com/products/gps/
Improve your cross country riding with the Course Walk app. Designed specifically for Eventers by Eventers. This app is a useful tool for amateurs and professionals alike. Course Walk uses GPS technology to record and display your cross country course. This app will help you prepare for your course by:
• Recording the course track and distance in meters
• Identifying minute markers - NEVER wheel your course again and improve your ability to meet optimum time!
• Take photos of fences. Audio and video can also be added to fences
• Mark the location of compulsory flags
• Fence and photo galleries for easy viewing of the pictures
• Play function retraces the entire course, displaying the fences as you go
• Share your course on MyCourseWalk.Com
• Download courses from MyCourseWalk.Com onto your phone
• Event Organizers can print course maps off of MyCourseWalk.com
• Conveniently links to Eventing Dressage tests and Live Scoring
• Auto correction of minute marker position if optimal time is given
• Elevation profile displays the terrain along the course with minute markers and fences
• Uphill, flat, and downhill slopes can be shown in different colors on the map
• No cellphone reception or data connection required to record and view course walks
Organizer & Course Designer Features (MyCourseWalk.com):
• Print crosscountry and show jumping course maps for your shows
• Make last minute edits to the track and fence positions
• Add/Edit fence descriptions
• Add/Replace fence pictures
• Share course maps with your competitors
• Fence list with distances and time
Contact us if you have any suggestions on how to make the app better!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS is only used during course recording.
The applications CourseWalk was published
in the category Sports on 2011-09-16 and
was developed by The Finder Network, LLC.
The file size is 42.22 MB.
The current version is 3.2 and works well on
10.0 and high ios versions.
- Audio and video can now be added to fences.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
After i was done recording my course and when i hit the save button it added 8000m to the course i just walked messing up my minute markers and times. I hope they fix this. Good app otherwise.
This is the first app I've ever purchased (after owning a smart phone for 8 years!) My first course walk didn't save. I figured it was a glitch since the Internet was kind of shoddy in that area. The next horse trial I tried it again and this area happens to have good internet. I ran into the same issue. Very disappointed.
Couldn't ask for a better app, everything in one place, even Dressage Tests :)
Excellent app. Excellent response and help from the support team when the app updated
It works great! It really helps me tell where my minute markers are! It's a little confusing at first but it gets much easier to use after a few courses!
Very useful on the go!
Well organized, exactly what it promises. Great for last minute dressage test checks, makes comprehensive XC walks & helps you find your minute markers easily.
I have used this app for a year now and it has been a great help. It was easy to use from day 1, I did a couple of "test" at home before using it for real. If you walk off the course, you can erase the last steps and record them again. Some times, the GPS acts up a little bit, specially under trees, but I have been told that the new version has improved GPS filters. Looking forward to use it and check it again. Also, they make upgrades available regularly, very nice technical service.
I love this app! I like being able to compare different courses across the country.
Would be nice to be able to add sticky notes when and wherever you want to on a cross country course.
Paid $5 and it doesn't work