Jetting IAME KA100 & KFS FFSA [Sports] App Description & Overview
This app provides, using temperature, altitude, humidity, atmospheric pressure and your engine configuration, a recommendation about optimal carburetor config (jetting) for karts with IAME KA100 REEDJET & KOMET KFS FFSA 100 engines which use a Tillotson diaphragm carburetors
Valid for the following IAME engine models:
• KA100 REEDJET - JUNIOR 22mm RESTRICTOR (Tillotson HW-33 carburetor)
• KA100 REEDJET - SENIOR (Tillotson HW-33 carburetor)
• KA100 REEDJET - KA4 Type 1 RESTRICTOR (Tillotson HW-33 & Tillotson HL-398 carburetors)
• KA100 REEDJET - KA4 Type 2 RESTRICTOR (HW-33 & HL-398)
• KA100 REEDJET - KA3 UNRESTRICTED (HW-33 & HL-398)
• KOMET KFS FFSA 100 (Tillotson HL-304)
This app can obtain automatically the position and altitude to get the temperature, pressure and humidity from the nearest weather station through the internet. Internal barometer is used on supported devices for better precision. Application can run without GPS, WiFi and internet, in this case the user has to enter weather data manually.
• For each carburetor configuration, the following values are given: high speed screw position, low speed screw position, pop-off pressure, optimal exhaust length, spark plug, optimal exhaust temperature (EGT)
• Fine tuning for high and low speed screws
• History of all your carburetor configs
• Graphic display of fuel mix quality (Air/Flow Ratio or Lambda)
• Selectable fuel type (gasoline with or without ethanol, Racing fuels available, for example: VP C12, VP 110, VP MRX02, Sunoco)
• Adjustable fuel/oil ratio
• Mix wizard to get the perfect mix ratio (fuel calculator)
• Carburetor ice warning
• Possibility of use automatic weather data or a portable weather station
• If you don't want to share your location, you can manually select any place in the world, the carburetor config will be adapted for this place
• let you use different measure units: ºC y ºF for temperatures, meter and feet for altitude, liters, ml, gallons, oz for fuel, and mb, hPa, mmHg, inHg atm for pressures
The application contains four tabs, which are described next:
• Results: In this tab high speed screw position, low speed screw position, pop-off pressure, optimal exhaust length, spark plug, optimal exhaust temperature (EGT) are shown. These data are calculated depending on the weather conditions and the engine configuration given in the next tabs. This tab lets do a fine tuning adjustment for all this values to adapt to the concrete engine. Also the air density, density altitude, relative air density, SAE - dyno correction factor, station pressure, SAE- relative horsepower, volumetric content of oxygen, oxygen pressure are shown too. On this tab, you can also share your settings with your colleagues. You can also see in a graphic form the calculated ratio of air and fuel (lambda).
• History: This tab contains the history of all carburetor configs. This tab also contains your favorite carburetor configs.
• Engine: You can configure in this screen the information about the engine, that is, engine model, type of restrictor, model of carburetor, spark manufacturer, fuel type, oil mix ratio
• Weather: In this tab, you can set the values for current temperature, pressure, altitude and humidity. Also this tab allows to use the GPS to get the current position and altitude, and connect to an external service (you can choose one weather data source from several possible) to get the weather conditions of the nearest weather station (temperature, pressure and humidity). In addition, this application can work with a pressure sensor built into the iPhone. You can see if it is available on your device and turn it on or off. Also, on this tab, you can enable alerts about possible carburetor icing.
If you have any doubt about using this App, please, contact us. We answer every question, and we take care of all comments from our users to try to improve our software. We are also users of this application.