Real 4x4 trails—proven fun places to go! App contains over 600 of the most popular off-road trails in Colorado, California, Arizona and Moab, UT. All trails have been driven and GPS tracked by scouts of FunTreks Guidebooks, Inc. App provides trail descriptions, difficulty ratings, directions to start, track logs, waypoints, digital maps and real-time positioning.
- Easy, moderate and difficult routes for all skill levels and vehicle types, including stock 4x4 SUVs, hard-core rigs, UTVs, ATVs and dirt bikes.
- Simple, intuitive and very easy to use. “Tech savvy” skills are not required.
- Detailed satellite views when online. While online, one-click quickly downloads terrain maps for offline use. Downloaded maps operate at zoom levels 11-16.
- No need for a stand-alone GPS device. Just use your GPS-equipped phone or tablet to follow the trail and see your exact location.
- Provides live, turn-by-turn directions to start of trail using “Apple Maps,” plus detailed directions written by a person who actually drove to the trailhead.
- See your GPS location and elevation by touching the blue locator dot. Touch any waypoint to see its GPS location.
- Sampling of over 600 trails includes: Colorado’s Holy Cross, Black Bear Pass, Pearl Pass and Aspen Mountain; California’s Rubicon, Dusy/Ershim and Mojave Road; Arizona’s Broken Arrow, Woodpecker Trail, Bloody Basin and El Camino Del Diablo; and Moab, Utah’s Easter Jeep Safari trails plus trails in Canyonlands and Arches National Parks.
- Trails are fully documented in FunTreks, Inc. printed guidebooks (previewed but not sold in this app). FunTreks, Inc. is a Colorado-based company dedicated to providing trusted products and personalized service. Call toll-free at 877-222-7623 to talk to our trail experts or visit our helpful website at www.funtreks.com.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The applications FunTreks 4x4 Trails, GPS Navigation & Offroad Maps was published
in the category Navigation on 2016-06-27 and
was developed by FunTreks Inc..
The file size is 156.76 MB.
The current version is 1.2.2 and works well on
8.1 and high ios versions.
• Added a lot more trail info to each trail! New categories include; Stats, History and Current Conditions. Phone numbers under Current Conditions will connect you to people with the most current trail conditions!
• Added "Directions to End of Trail" on the map screen menu for the trails that can be done in reverse.
I moved to northern Colorado 3 years ago with the intent to explore as much of this beautiful state as possible. I had no idea about the hundreds of off-road trails in this state until I bought the FunTreks guide book at a local 4x4 shop. I hit every trail possible. It wasn't until I went to Moab and forgot to pickup a trail guide that I realized FunTreks had an App. I bought the app and downloaded all the trails I wanted to hit while in Moab. Love this App. It works hand in hand with my guidebook and makes me feel at ease knowing the app works with my GPS when I'm out of service. Great job guys. Can't wait to see what's next.
Bought the book, thought the app was like the book but I would have gps while riding. It ONLY shows the trail location and waypoints but NO information on the waypoints, no staging area markings, doesn't show different levels of difficulty of trails (all trails are PINK in color not green for easy, blue, brown for gravel roads, then red difficult etc). So basically it has the trail in pink and that's IT!!!! I'll keep it because I have the AZ book and I can use it to track my location on the trail but otherwise you need to buy the book to get the real info. DISAPPOINTED!!!! Don't buy the app!!!
Had been using their SD card in a small screen B&W GPS device before downloading this app. Great development effort. Trails are very clearly depicted in full color on my iPhone 6S Plus. Love that the developer provided Apple/Google maps directions to the trailhead. Only minor opportunity for improvement is when the device is on the edge of cell service, I get repeated pop-up warnings that the app is going into offline mode. Would like an option to permanently dismiss these pop-ups as they can get annoying after awhile. Definitely recommend this app for off roaders!
I used the app this week in Taylor Park, Colorado. It is a great companion with their books. You can see exactly where you are on the trail in real time. Easier than looking at a map and having to guess where you are on the trail. I have a mount for my IPAD mini in my Polaris RZR so that I can just look up and see exactly where I am on the trails.