Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices. You can even start a new recording completely hands-free with Siri!
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• Use a Siri Shortcut to start a new recording.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Edit your transcriptions right inside the app.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
• Dark Mode makes the app more comfortable to use in the dark.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication, or just ask Siri!
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
The applications Just Press Record was published
in the category Utilities on 2015-09-21 and
was developed by Open Planet Software.
The file size is 6.78 MB.
The current version is 3.3.7 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
This iwatch app complication simply works and doesn’t require the phone to be near. Loved it I use with an AWS 3 and am impressed with the quality and ability to record from a good distance in the room.
Works as advertised and has seamless integration with the Apple Watch. Worth every penny.
I’m a doctor with a long commute. I use this app to record and transcribe my daily notes. With the cloud it’s probably the most secure for Hipaa standards plus if used with the AirPods almost every word is transcribed perfectly. I would recommend to anyone.
App has started to freeze and will not record when you press the recording button
UPDATE: OK, my apologies to the developers. The problems I encountered with unresponsiveness were being caused by a cheap-o screen protector on my Apple Watch. Took it off and everything works exactly as it should! I used the app last night to record portions of a city commission meeting; big room, poorly-miked speakers, the whole audio nightmare. Even in that environment, using only my Watch, the recording is crisp and clear. As some others have pointed out, the transcription service is somewhat limited, but that's not an issue for me. So, five big stars and again, an apology to the developers for disparaging this awesome app. Best five bucks I ever spent! I really want to love this app; if it worked as advertised, it would be the perfect solution to my impromptu recording needs (I'm a journalist). Sadly, it doesn't. It seems to work properly on my iPhone X, but on my Watch 4 - which is the reason I bought the app in the first place - it's virtually unusable. You've got to hit the "Record" button dozens of times, at least, to start recording. Sometimes it won't start recording no mater how many times you push the button. The little white "page marker" dots at the bottom don't change when you swipe from the recording screen to the playback screen. Ditto with the "Recents" and "Recording" notations in the upper left-hand corner of the watch screen. It freezes on one or the other and then doesn't change no matter which screen you're on. On the two occasions I managed to get the Watch app to record, the quality was very good, which only makes it all the more frustrating that this thing is so blasted buggy! Another "pro" is that it offers a Watch complication, making it easily assessable when you're in a hurry. The weird thing is, when you start the app via the complication, it begins recording flawlessly. Unfortunately, when you're ready to stop recording, the "Stop" button is very unresponsive. And as to playing your recording back on the watch? Forget it. Sometimes the recording EVENTUALLY appears in the playback window, sometimes not. Sometimes the playback button works, sometimes not. It's very frustrating. I could just return the app for a refund, but it shows so much great potential. I just want it to work! For now I'll keep it installed on my phone and Watch in the hopes the developers will fix these issues. Like I said, I wanna love the app and maybe - a couple iterations down the road - I will. Fingers crossed.
I have been using this application for a while now. I realized that I have many recordings using this application. I’m always the amazed at how well the recording‘s come out.
Records pretty well.
Required purchase if you’re an Apple Watch wearer - I recorded a funk concert with the utmost of ease. Feels like a native app, so happy I purchased this.
Just tired Just Press Record to transcribe a 34 min audio file, and it’s pretty useless. My recording has several terms that would be unfamiliar or infrequently used, but JPR is not transcribing frequently used words correctly. It uses Apple’s speech to text service, so don’t expect anything better than using voice input to apps.
Not going to mince words here-but I do not regret purchasing this app at all! I’m blind as a bat but I was able to figure this app out after I downloaded it a few days ago. It met my expectations. It’s really cool & thoughtful of the app developers to make sure that it’s fully supported by voiceover. Too bad not many developers Think about people like me who have a disability. It’s user-friendly and like I said well worth the price. Just have a few suggestions-In future updates maybe it would be possible to make categories for the recordings. Create folders within folders. Append to existing recordings even if some time has passed before you decide to add to the recording. Add more export options. Make more import options. Lastly, add more to the languages selection. I’m Filipino and sometimes I have to dictate or talk to someone or record a conversation in Filipino but it’s not supported. Otherwise it’s a great app and you guys did a good job. Kudos and a big thumbs up! Hope you’ll hear my suggestions out and consider them. Have a great day!😃😉