Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices.
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Edit your transcriptions right inside the app.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
The applications Just Press Record was published in the category Utilities on 2015-09-21 and was developed by Open Planet Software. The file size is 4.52 MB. The current version is 3.2.4 and works well on 11.0 and high ios versions.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! But, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
Great app, but there is one thing that I was confused about after the last update. All recordings went up a second, and my latest one came out to 2:60. This isn’t a problem, but it was just something I was confused about.
Works. Plenty of granular quality options. Plenty of options in general. Easy to use FAQ and support. Developers appear to be closely monitoring customer satisfaction and eager to support. Transcription is good if you let it.
Free apps Voice Recorder and Voice Record 7 provide much better recordings in a test of voices about 10 feet away from my Apple Watch. The recordings with this app were barely understandable while the others were easy to understand. Waste of $5.
First off, I love this app and it’s quick start features. I don’t completely regret the purchase. But for 5$ I kinda wish for more. Perhaps level readings/control and the ability to rename the recordings quicker. It seems I have to tap the file after, then tap the generic name it’s given to edit. Not very intuitive. The stock voice memo app asks right away for a name, which I find annoying and obtrusive. Just looking for something in between that is easy and quick. Otherwise, I like that it puts them in a folder by day and automatically uploads them to iCloud for access on other devices.
This would be a great app if you could use it as a complication on the watch so that all you have to do is tap it to record note. Unfortunately, it can’t be used as an application on the watch because it is far too sensitive. Last night I accidentally recorded three hours of my sleeping, which caused my watch to lose charge.
I purchase this app for it's Apple Watch extension, and it has not disappointed. Being able to near-instantly and inconspicuously record any conversation I find myself a part of has been more handy than I realized!
The Apple Watch app allows you to record anywhere. The flexibility is impressive. The program works as expected. The UI is very well designed.
Change the App name to something shorter so it fits under the icon. Couldn’t get the watch app to install, but a reset of the phone fixed that. Audio playback on the Apple Watch isn’t very loud, but it’s crystal clear and loud when playing back on the iPhone X. Initial impressions are very good. App seems solid and transcriptions seem really fast although not always accurate. Still giving it 5 stars even though the volume could be a lot louder during the watch playback, and the name is to long for the icon.
Anytime someone can invent an app that incorporates pushing a single button to use in its structure count me in👍
I really love this app. I use it daily and it does what I need it to. My biggest complaint is that it is very hard for me to click precisely on the file name to rename a recording. I usually have to try several times which is very annoying. I have small fingers and have not had this problem with other apps. The transcriptions are not the best either but they do help to make the recordings searchable by keywords. I also know not to expect miracles from transcriptions (yet) but the renaming thing I feel should be fixed.
Great for use on the Apple Watch S3, clear sound and simple to use. But don't rely on it for getting the text transcribe correct, it's horrendous.
I don't use it often but it works well when I do. Margo
The one app I tell everyone about. Has changed my life. Have it on phone, watch and iPad.
I’m looking for secret recorder for conversation. It’s great that I can press one shortkey on Apple Watch to record but if the red spot not poping up on the screen will make things easier. It’s too obvious. Maybe you can make the small icon shortkey change the color or blinking when it’s recording ?
Transcribe feature does NOT work for meetings. Forget it.
It's good at it's core - recording. But it's terrible at transcripts! Just get a normal recording app if you only care about recording.
This makes my life so much easier! I record all of my ideas into my Apple Watch which syncs with my phone. Both the iOS and watch apps are minimalistic and to the point. Is it possible to get a lock feature on the iPhone app so it prompts you for a passcode or fingerprint when opening the app to keep recordings private?
Great app easy to use make taking notes on the road a piece of cake.
I concur with other comments, the record feature is convenient and super easy, but the transcription feature is nowhere near where needs to be in order to be usable let alone useful. I like the ease and convenience of the sync between the watchOS and iOS versions though.
What is of needs is a edit or continuation feature on a recording. Even on the regular iPhone record app I am able to edit and continue the recording. Currently by using this app I can press pause, But once I stop and save I have to then start a new recording. If this iPad that future I would love it because then I would be able to make many notes on Essentially one recording and then have it transcribed and export into a single file. Until then I’ve actually just spent $10 on an app I’m not using.
Works well and I love it paired with Apple Watch.
Very east and intuitive, and extremely helpful to capture meetings and other audio on the go. Being able to edit the transcriptions is awesome! Only major thing i would like to see is the ability to launch a new recording with a Siri command. I find it often takes me too long to launch the app while driving etc. but overall really like it!
There have been two times where I absolutely needed this thing to work. Once I heard a bad word on my radio app. A clear goof. My App lets me rewind.... so I replayed it and recorded it on my watch. It did not sync. Just now I had a hilarious phone conversation. Because my phone was used for the call... perfect solution. Record it with my watch. And it did not sync. Once you recognize it isn’t syncing.. there is absolutely nothing you can do. No way to plug it in and transfer. I think the Apple Watch has lead to me disappointment 2 out of 2 times, and I think they should just not offer the Apple Watch version until they know it works.
I use this on my Apple Watch. It works great. Customer service is helpful too.
Does exactly what it says and works well. Transcription isn’t perfect but that’s not this app’s fault.
I was looking all over App Store for a reliable Speech-to-Text solution, and I think I found it in this one. This is a well-thought out app, super-easy to use and has a ton of options (such as audio format export). The app even has the ability to import audio files from other apps and can translate those! My one wish though is that there is iFile support. I have a lot of audio files in other apps in my app and wish I didn’t have to upload everyone one of them to iCloud, which could theoretically take a while. With iFile support, the importing from one app to this one would be near-instantaneous. I hope this is in the works in a future iteration! Overall, this is a fine piece of software, well worth the money spent. Thank you!
i’m always forgetting things and ideas and this app has really helped and all you have to do is tap the red circle and it starts recording sooo easy.
Whether it’s a few words were a 10 minute outpouring. The app is easy, the widget is even easier. This is an app I rely on a lot.
Thank you nice people @ Just Record. I really enjoy your app. I especially love the Apple Watch app/complication. It makes it very easy to add thoughts on the go. And the transcription feature alone is worth its weight in gold. Thank you again. I wish you great success and a very lovely day.
Very simple but essential app, I can start audio recording right from my wrist on Apple watch. Highly recommended!
Excellent App 🇮🇪
Sync great from Watch to iPad etc and lovely simple interface.