Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices. You can even start a new recording completely hands-free with Siri!
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• Use a Siri Shortcut to start a new recording.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Edit your transcriptions right inside the app.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
• Dark Mode makes the app more comfortable to use in the dark.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication, or just ask Siri!
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
The applications Just Press Record was published in the category Utilities on 2015-09-21 and was developed by Open Planet Software. The file size is 6.57 MB. The current version is 3.3.2 and works well on 11.0 and high ios versions.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
Just Press Record Application. Available for Mac also iPhone and iPad plus Apple Watch. Great for security purposes having a recording device on your wrist especially after having been in a domestic violence altercation with my father. If something happens again I will have the option to record him so he can not deny what he did to me.
Best and simplest app out there. It just works so well.
Would be perfect if it had two things: 1. If it didn’t show the pink banner at the top of the screen when recording and the app is minimized. This is an impediment if you want to be stealthy. 2. If it showed, for the length of the recording, a plot of the audio’s loudness. That way if I am making a long recording i can simply skip to the audio spikes, which would signal there is talking etc. instead of having to listen through the entirety - even when nothing is being said or happening.
The transcription feature is worse then just having auto dictation on your phone
This would be good for me as I’m always recording my neurologist appoints then when get home to listen and too fast to listen to write down on paper
I tried to use this app to transcribe. The result was nonsense random words - not even close. Embarrassingly bad. Storing and sharing meeting audio is a pain, and the design of the app makes it easy to accidentally stop. You the can’t start recording again- you need to start a separate file.
Unbelievably good. I say something, and it pops up, already transcribed, ready to be emailed or messaged. Someone complained did not transcribe a meeting. I suggest they take the file and see if Dragon Dictate, the leader in the field, can do any better. I bet it can’t. Well implemented on the (S2) watch. Three taps and I’m recording. A red dot above the clock tells me if I am accidentally recording. Well worth AU$8. Well worth its equivalent in App Store Dollars: $800.
I don't use it often but it works well when I do. Margo
The one app I tell everyone about. Has changed my life. Have it on phone, watch and iPad.
I’m looking for secret recorder for conversation. It’s great that I can press one shortkey on Apple Watch to record but if the red spot not poping up on the screen will make things easier. It’s too obvious. Maybe you can make the small icon shortkey change the color or blinking when it’s recording ?
The primary point of purchasing this app was to solve a pain point that I experience. This app does not work for meetings in excess of 1 attendee. It will not transcribe audio recordings with more than one voice. Please put this in your backlog: As a user, I’d like the ability to transcribe in writing the audio that’s recorded from speakers in meetings. Very simple. Will ask Apple for a refund. I do not recommend this app because it doesn’t do what it says it will.
... a way to remind me to take action on my recordings. I’m always on the move and I need an app that takes down my thoughts, transcribes them, and sends them to my phone. In all these the app works perfectly and I can’t find something that does better, even at this price. But having these transcribed notes on the phone, I still need to remember to work on them. Enabling notifications (badges maybe?) would be extremely useful. Even better - integration with services like IFTTT so that I can get reminders or email alerts.
I was hoping this app would be 85-90% accurate for transcribing interviews. It’s closer to 40, which is disappointing. I think you’re overselling the functionality of it
I downloaded this app to use on my Apple Watch. For conveniently record anything I want from Apple Watch. But the app doesn’t appear on my watch until now. Please don’t waste your time and money.
I purchased Just Record believing that I would be able to record telephone calls on my iPhone 8 only to discover that this app does NOT allow you to record a phone conversation. Very displeased and disappointed with my purchase of Just Record. I do NOT recommend spending money buying this app if you have the need to record certain phone conversations.
Please add the ability to record via AirPods in the Apple Watch. Also, I can’t access my Apple Watch records on my iPad; they only show up on my iPhone.
Would be nice to have more sync options.
Great app, but there is one thing that I was confused about after the last update. All recordings went up a second, and my latest one came out to 2:60. This isn’t a problem, but it was just something I was confused about. Also since the last update, new recordings are all extremely quiet.
I did a test and recorded a 60 second recording from my Apple Watch using Just Press Record while recording simultaneously on my iPhone 8 with the built in Voice Memo app. Of course the recordings from JPR on the Watch transfer to the phone. I listened to both from my phone and JPR trounces the iPhone voice memo app in sound quality and clarity. Hard to believe that the quality of a recording from a WATCH! is better than the phone, but it is and it’s not even close. JPR is particularly useful and functional for the watch. Very pleased. Highly recommend.
The app works as described, the only thing stopping me from giving it 5 Stars is if the color of the “complication” could be changed. The red dot I have come to associate with “I have a message” and at a quick glance at the watch the “just press record” red dot causes me to have to think twice. If I could make it some other color it would be better.