Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices.
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Edit your transcriptions right inside the app.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
The applications Just Press Record was published in the category Utilities on 2015-09-21 and was developed by Open Planet Software. The file size is 4.52 MB. The current version is 3.2.4 and works well on 11.0 and high ios versions.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! But, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
To work this app, you press the app icon on your screen, then you press the record button. This is not something you could use an emergency. This is not something that can be done in an instant. It is not any simpler than the microphone app already installed on your phone. If you were expecting a one tap to record, like I was, I recommend you try IFTTT. That’s what I’m going to do next.
Absolutely the best app for recording anything, highly recommend. I’m in the service industry and a lot of the time driving so when I receive a call over bluetooth in my truck, I can just hit the complication on my watch and get the details of where I’m going next without having to pullover and write it down... One hick-up I’ve found, which is not a big deal at all is when I delete a recording on my watch it deletes the recording but I still have a file for that date showing in iCloud in files app even though it’s empty.
I plan to return this purchase as the recording is fine but it will not transcribe. The transcribe Button does not work. Is there a secret to get that ‘transcribe ‘ button to work?
Lacks the ability to “rename a file” after recording. Sorting through files by date is chore. Please consider adding the ability to rename a file after recording.
I run a podcast and I need show notes. I expect to have to correct when I get voice to text but this is unreal. Not even the worst part. The worst is it will not reliably transcribe past 3 minutes. Oh and massive trouble uploading to google drive
Crashes, inconsistent, doesn’t connect to phone when starting app. Several times when I really needed to record important meetings it’s stopped in the middle of with no warning. Other times it won’t start up at all. Furious about this app at the moment because I’m trying to record a meeting between a contractor and myself and I look down and it’s not working at all. When your in a bind and recalling need to record don’t use this trash app.
Honestly the worst app I’ve ever used. Total waste of $5. Transcription was absolutely useless. I can’t believe how inaccurate it was. Save your time and money and look elsewhere.
What the ability to rename the recording or typing your own description of the recording? If there is any way to do this, please provide more information or include these features in the next update.
The primary point of purchasing this app was to solve a pain point that I experience. This app does not work for meetings in excess of 1 attendee. It will not transcribe audio recordings with more than one voice. Please put this in your backlog: As a user, I’d like the ability to transcribe in writing the audio that’s recorded from speakers in meetings. Very simple. Will ask Apple for a refund. I do not recommend this app because it doesn’t do what it says it will.
This would be good for me as I’m always recording my neurologist appoints then when get home to listen and too fast to listen to write down on paper
I tried to use this app to transcribe. The result was nonsense random words - not even close. Embarrassingly bad. Storing and sharing meeting audio is a pain, and the design of the app makes it easy to accidentally stop. You the can’t start recording again- you need to start a separate file.
Unbelievably good. I say something, and it pops up, already transcribed, ready to be emailed or messaged. Someone complained did not transcribe a meeting. I suggest they take the file and see if Dragon Dictate, the leader in the field, can do any better. I bet it can’t. Well implemented on the (S2) watch. Three taps and I’m recording. A red dot above the clock tells me if I am accidentally recording. Well worth AU$8. Well worth its equivalent in App Store Dollars: $800.
I don't use it often but it works well when I do. Margo
The one app I tell everyone about. Has changed my life. Have it on phone, watch and iPad.
I’m looking for secret recorder for conversation. It’s great that I can press one shortkey on Apple Watch to record but if the red spot not poping up on the screen will make things easier. It’s too obvious. Maybe you can make the small icon shortkey change the color or blinking when it’s recording ?
Transcribe feature does NOT work for meetings. Forget it.
It's good at it's core - recording. But it's terrible at transcripts! Just get a normal recording app if you only care about recording.
This makes my life so much easier! I record all of my ideas into my Apple Watch which syncs with my phone. Both the iOS and watch apps are minimalistic and to the point. Is it possible to get a lock feature on the iPhone app so it prompts you for a passcode or fingerprint when opening the app to keep recordings private?
Great app easy to use make taking notes on the road a piece of cake.
Very simple but essential app, I can start audio recording right from my wrist on Apple watch. Highly recommended!
Excellent App 🇮🇪
Sync great from Watch to iPad etc and lovely simple interface.