Just Press Record is the ultimate mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices.
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Choose to record from the built-in mic, AirPods or external microphones.
• Start and stop recording from the Lock screen widget, with a 3D Touch Quick Action or via the URL scheme.
• Record independently on Apple Watch and sync later.
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Share audio and text to other apps on your iOS device.
• Share to iTunes on Mac or PC via the Lightning Port.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Dedicated tab for quick access to recordings made on Apple Watch.
• Peek and Pop the contents of folders in the Browse tab.
• Rename recordings.
• Slide Over and Split View support on iPad.
• Choose to store recordings either in iCloud Drive or locally on-device.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• Support for high quality external microphones connected via the Lightning Port.
• Customizable Audio Settings to enhance your recording experience.
• File types include WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• High quality audio up to 96kHz / 24-bit.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Magic Tap gesture to start / stop a recording.
Just Press Record includes an Apple Watch app that gives you the freedom to record anywhere, even when your iPhone is not around.
• Start recording with a single tap on the Complication.
• Record discretely in the background.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Recordings automatically transfer to iPhone for transcription and iCloud syncing.
• Listen to recent recordings through the built-in speaker or AirPods.
• Adjust volume with the Digital Crown.
• Pause recording with a downward swipe.
• Accessibility support with VoiceOver, reduced motion and support for the extra large Complication template.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• Recording from AirPods is not available on Apple Watch.
• Just Press Record for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
The applications Just Press Record was published
in the category Utilities on 2015-09-21 and
was developed by Open Planet Software.
The file size is 4.46 MB.
The current version is 3.1 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
Now comes with Dark Mode:
• Saves battery on iPhone X and looks awesome with that OLED screen!
• Makes the app more comfortable to use in the dark.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! But, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
I use this app constantly throughout the day. My memory is really bad since my stroke, so being able to discretely press my watch face and start recording a conversation has saved me from looking like an idiot many times. I do wish the transcription was better, but I can deal with that one flaw.
There are so many good things about Just Press Record that I find it hard to start somewhere. I first downloaded this app years ago for their Apple Watch app, and I fell in love with their iOS app as well. It’s beautiful, simple, and gets out of the way. As far as I’m concerned, this is THE audio recorder for iOS.
The transcription function might as well not be offered, it’s horrible! I’d like a refund.
The app starts recording somehow on the iwatch without me starting it. Wasted battery, wasted app. Gotta fix before using again. Waste of money...sad.
Giving you 5 stars just because you promised to never interrupt with request for ratings. (Saw the promise in your latest update.) Thanks!
Has finally made changes that allow to resend recordings. Seems to be the best. Although in the past I lost a recording because it would not transfer and it would not play the audio on the watch for more than 15 seconds.
Upon opening the app on your watch, you’re greeted with a big red button. Press it, and you’re recording! Every time there has been something this has annoyed me about the app, an update has fixed it within a few days. Great job guys, and thanks for an awesome app!
Love the execution!
I’ve tried countless apps for dictating short notes/reminders on my iPhone and Apple watch. This is the best by far. It even has a Mac desktop/notebook version. Notes dictated on any device are accessible on all devices. Look no further.
I love this app. I do a lot of recording of music files to listen to and replay and then delete immediately and it is perfect. I was also able to record an original song and send it to someone by email and the sound was excellent. The transcription can be improved but my reason for using this is for recording sound files and that transcripts. But I have tried it a few times and I did OK. But I really love having the capability of recording from the iPhone and also being able to easily navigate it.
First of all, this app can record audio so well. I was surprised how clear the audio was from a recording from the Apple Watch. However the transcribe feature has been a bit disappointing. For my recent recording of a 50 minute meeting, the transcribe feature completed and spat out about 5 words. I can’t run the feature again to see if it can fix it and the words don’t even form a proper sentence that might have been from the meeting. I’ll keep using the app for the recording feature but what actually sold me was the transcribe feature. I really hope it gets better...
This App is Amazing. The playback of the recording is so clear on my Apple Watch 4 using AirPods or on the iPhone. So handy to have when you want to record a message or note quickly. Warren.
No matter how many times I restart my watch or iPhone 7 Plus or delete the app on the iPhone I can’t get the app to appear on the watch.
On Apple Watch Series 3 the app starts instantly from a complication, immediately begins recording and continues recoding in the background!
Dude who doesn’t like iCloud only recordings... they’ve moved on and it can go to iPhone if desired. Forget that. I am at the pub with blaring music in background and it was a clean recording and able to dictate my audio. This is my new best friend when I set up on my Apple Watch.
This is the best voice recorders for the Apple Watch. The only issue I have, and it's common with every other voice recorder, is that I can't see the actual time when I'm recording. I don't mean recording time, I mean the time of day. I wanted to use this for First Response First Aid situations. Start recording: state time and observation/action. Time and observation/action. Time and observation/action. 11:28 - HR 120, BP 180/90. 11:35 - Resp rate 25. 11:37 - administer x medication. Etc. But, when the app is recording, I can't see the time of day.
I love this app. I record a lot of my voice overs for presentations and then send them to myself to attach to the slides or videos. Love the update and choice of formats! Please build in the ability to select multiple recordings and to be able to send them in one go, or even selecting an entire folder to send.
But can you add support for google drive or Dropbox. iCloud Drive doesn't integrate with anything
I mostly use it on my Watch and love that it syncs via iCloud to my iPhone and iPad.
Really nice app that does exactly what it says, keeping things simple and fast to use but with some advanced stuff like transcription. Highly recommended!
Freezes my entire phone when in use where the apple logo appears the the home button becomes inactive. Have tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail. Otherwise a great app when not freezing.
This is a great app. The transcribing is a big help as well.
Don't buy this
Love the app, it's fast, simple and the transcription is a handy perk. The only thing I wish it would do is allow for recording other audio playing on the same device. I know that there are pro-level apps that do this but for this quick little app I would like to be able to switch it on and capture a snippet of a podcast often and that feature would have a huge effect on how much value I consider it to have.
Bug with permissions is fixed. Thanks!
I'm really enjoying this app for insight that comes to me and I want to remember but I'm driving and can't write it down...very useful tool!
You can take a quick note with just your Watch. The paired iPhone can be somewhere else, like a gym locker, or even powered off. The Watch itself can be in Airplane Mode. It stores the audio until the next time Watch has connectivity, then uploads to iCloud.
Great app that I use daily on Apple Watch. Thank you!
I had been searching for an app that would turn my voice recordings into text after the fact and wasn't finding anything. This app does it very well. The one feature I wish it had is the ability to convert recordings made with other apps.
I would love to see the addition of the option to dim / switch the display off when recording via Apple Watch. Some situations, you don't want a big record button showing on your watch while you are chatting with someone or in a light sensitive area. This seems to be a pretty basic option and I was disappointed that it was not available even after purchasing this app.