Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder App Description & Overview
◆ "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife ◆
"A versatile swiss army knife of music apps" — Gizmodo
"Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
"Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
Join 700,000+ other musicians using Tunable and turn your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch into the best chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder — so you can learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Featuring a unique “tuning history” display for visualizing pitch over time and easy to use metronome and recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
◆ Learn to play in tune with sustained pitch history
Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
◆ Improve your ear with tone and chord generator
Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
◆ Keep tempo with an accurate and simple metronome
See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
◆ Record and share
Record your practice and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (hz) display
• Tuning history to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo (24hz to 15khz+)
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between equal, just, pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
Tone and Chord Generator
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options and sustain
• Play and sustain chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with visual flash to see the downbeat, subdivision, and pulse
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring to an HDMI projector or TV on iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone5
• Background Audio enables the metronome to continue playing when the screen is locked or closed.
• Dark and light themes
Tunable is especially great for wind and string instruments including:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Soprano Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
For the latest updates and to connect with the Tunable community:
• Follow @AffinityBlue on Twitter
• Become a fan of Tunable on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AffinityBlue
Fixed a bug where Response Speed was not correctly being saved.
Enjoying Tunable? Please help by kindly rating and reviewing this version. It really helps us!
Do you like Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder apps? Please share!
Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder App Tips & Tricks
Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder Screenshots
Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder Video
Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder Reviews
By William Zeitler
Cannot get the tuner to respond. Fortissimo on a grand piano should be sufficient to trigger the tuner. Sensitivity is turned all the way up. Searched for online documentation to help and found nothing. Money down the rat hole.
Everything is great but I wish it were easier to change the calibration of the tuner. Perhaps have it on the main tuner page, and at least make it a scroll option, instead of having to type in the number. That would be more consistent with how people usually interact with tuners
Can't be bEat. Everything you need in one app. Highly recommend. I use it all the time.
By Sweet Sue Rocks
Love this app!
By Viola girl 17
Love using the drone when practicing arpeggios. Great visual tuner too.
Best tuning app I've seen
I am a professional violist and string teacher, and I'm finding it very useful for myself and my students. What a useful app! My only criticism is I wish the metronome was louder. But the tuner is amazing!!
Music teacher approved
It's the best, and redefined my expectations for a tuner app. BRAVO!
Great app, main use of phone
Spend a little money for a quality product.
Reliable and better than all of those other music apps out there.
By Kitty is fat
This app is everything you need. Tuner, metronome, and recorder. It even has a timer graph which helps with my vibrato.
Have tried several different tuner/metronome apps, and this is the best.
My tuner of choice
By shake your spear at shakespeare
Great tuner & metronome
Love this app, use it all the time in my practice (I'm a professional flute player). Adjust precision of tuner based on level, drone tones, built in metronome, this app is worth well more than it costs! Just one issue I've noticed is that on my iPhone 5s sometimes, it doesn't recognize the built in mic(s). If I turn off input and then turn it on again, it usually recognizes the right mic and then it's fine. This hasn't happened on my iPad though.