HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App App Description & Overview
HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages(English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more), for FREE!
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning.
*****IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE*****
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
With millions of members in the app, it would be easy for you to find partners to chat with, in any languages. Especially if you’re looking for:
- Chinese speakers
- Korean speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Japanese speakers
- French speakers
- German speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Arabic speakers
- Turkish speakers
- Russian speakers
- Italian speakers
Languages available to learn in HelloTalk:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Download your free copy today and connect with millions of members from around the globe in the app!
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
- Monthly subscription for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription for US$21.99
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription (with a 30-day free trial) for US$21.99
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Accounts will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* If offered, free trials will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. Any unused portion of a trial will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
* Terms of Service: http://www.hellotalk.com/terms-of-service
* Search message history in chat setting
* Tap and translate on the details page of Favorites as well as people's self-introduction from their profiles
Do you like HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App apps? Please share!
HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App App Tips & Tricks
HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App Screenshots
HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App Video
HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App Reviews
Editing abilities are awesome, lots of options for smooth communication, people from every country you can imagine
When replying to a thread, it would be nice if the app didn't delete the message you have written if you scroll the background to read what you are replying to again.
Sometimes people ask us to read paragraphs, in order to hear our accents, but if we scroll while recording it takes us out of the recording. Which relates a bit to what I mentioned above.
It would also be nice to be able to correct messages in a thread.
Besides that, it is a nice app.
Updates on messages
By Peter Wildare
Not very quick to update. Not sure because lots of messages stored but needs to be fixed....
Again, a developer blinded by greed
By Disappointed Podcaster
This app has seen a mass exodus of its users after the developers, blinded by greed, suddenly decided to add pay-walls on what used to be freely available features. Don't reward that kind of money-grabbing behaviour. Avoid this app.
By Name too long or taken
I honestly rarely leave reviews. But this is really a great app.
Wonderful Learning tool!
By LST Designs
A friend told me about the app because I don't have many people to speak Spanish with and it is my goal to become fluent. I got the app and now I am having conversations with people in Columbia Spain etc. And I can tell a difference in my growth already.
I made a lot of really awesome friends ! I would definitely recommend this app .
Great for those looking to learn a new language and meet great people.
Not Sketchy; very useful
I was a bit skeptical about talking to random people online but this app is very not sketchy compared to some I have used and it is so handy to have. My Korean has already improved so much and it is fun to talk to a native and get their opinion on where to visit and when to come.
Also there is the added bonus of getting to talk to people from around the world and learn there perspective on all kinds of things. I really love it
The best app to learn languages
As a spanish student, this is by far the best app I've used to improve my use of the language. Talking with native speakers is just so fun and cool every time, and helping others with languages is also pretty fun as well 🙂
By Asghar The King
Great app to learn speaking English, there is the best on the AppStore
Amazing for practice
And making new friends. Seriously, it's so helpful.