Create hauntingly beautiful, soul capturing portraits with TinType by Hipstamatic. Inspired by daguerreotypes, tintypes, and other photographic processes from over a hundred years ago, TinType faithfully reproduces these amazing images with stunning accuracy.
• Four authentic TinType effects: classic B&W, hand-painted color, high contrast dark B&W, and sepia stained ambrotype
• Fully customizable effect controls: tweak the eye intensity, plate grain, and depth-of-field
• Supports Portrait Mode (on newer iPhones*), for the most authentic TinTypes ever
• Change point of focus while editing (available on images shot in Portrait Mode)
• Full frame or square format
• Capture images or import from your photo library
• Edit right from the Photos app with a photo extension
• Nondestructive photo editing – the original is always saved so you can revert back to the camera raw file at any time
• Easily share to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Portrait Mode capture available on iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max for front-facing and rear-facing cameras; also supported on iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus for rear-facing cameras
The applications TinType by Hipstamatic was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2014-10-22 and
was developed by Hipstamatic, LLC.
The file size is 122.61 MB.
The current version is 2.1 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
• Optimized for iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max
• TinType effect remastered! New Portrait Mode support for the most authentic TinTypes ever (supports front and rear cameras on iPhone X devices, rear camera on iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus)
• New 'Dark' effect
• Support for 'tap to focus' to change what is in focus when editing a TinType with depth data
• Easy access to 'portraits' album for editing Portrait Mode shots from the Apple Camera
• New app icon and other user interface refinements
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
This a fun app. My problem with it is you can’t delete the photos that you don’t want. Is there anyway to fix that?
Needs exposure control, tint amount control. Overall interesting app but other than the depth control you have more options with Hipstamatic itself.
It’s fun, but I agree with some, that the way it captures eyes needs fixing. It makes everyone’s eyes look like they are about to undergo cataract surgery. I also disliked the filter ranges. If you want to capture the mood of something rotting, or a cemetery photo shoot, this will work well. Most of it’s filter range hovers between over maxed airbrushing, or moldy soap bubbles. If you have strong sharp features and large pores, this will be a nice capture of your image, and you’ll do better, but there are some really attractive faces that this filter does not compliment. I do think it is an enjoyable filter and think it is worth the price.
I was worried at first because of all the negative reviews but since it was only 99 cents I decided to take the plunge and it works amazing on my iPhone XS Max. My only minor criticism is that the preview is slightly delayed when adjusting the grain but that’s just me being impatient
The most enchanting experience I’ve ever had traveling back in time, while living in the future now.
It only has 4 features and then after that it gets boring because you can only do so much with it. Developers please don’t be so stingy with your features and add some more goodies. Right now this app should of been for free, not 99¢
This app is so disappointing! I see nothing good with it! Wish I had never purchased it!
This app is so much fun! Well worth the buck.
I use this app for old architecture or reenactments. Very haunting and beautiful effect.
I have used this app for a while, and love the effect that it can achieve, but I would like a couple improvements. A) begin able to select the area for a square crop. B) begin able to select the central points for the DOF to start to fall off from.
The simplicity is great and I have fun with the effects. All good (including for export) until photos are downloaded back to iPhoto where only the original photo is saved – without the effect. Have played with the preferences options with the same result. So not worth it sadly!
Nice app but wish I could manually set the pupil points by tapping because the app fails to recognise them most of the time
For an app that I had to buy, TinType had a very narrow range of abilities and effects. It would have been fine if the three effects (colour, b&w and sepia) could be tweaked in a more flexible manner. The grain meter either overexposed or underexposed every photo I tried when I moved the bar between 0-100. It didn't make any of my photos look decent enough, let alone good. I tried it with many photos because I didn't want to give it up that the app was disappointing at best, because of the fact that I paid for it, but here I am, writing this review and about to delete it off my phone.
Well worth a buy. Great results. Well done hipsta team. I Leave a star free 'cause i'm sure you'll improve it in some way.. Actually after using for a few days- the ability to process pics from photo roll is great but the fact you can only overwrite your existing photo is ridiculous. Makes it hard to find too, say u want to post it to instagram . It gets put back where original photo was, instead of at the top of the roll where new pics appear. Not user friendly in this way.
It would be cool to do an Oggl and import purchased films. Other than that, I've found my new selfie app.
Nice app, but crashes when uploading photos to edit. I'm out 99 cents.
I could only apply this app to one pic, the rest of the time it crashes.
I Love this app and have been using it for a long time but for the past few months it just crashes all the time! So frustrating!
I'm having same issues. iPhone 6. Up to date iOS. Try to import a portrait and app crashes immediately. Every time. Tried a restart of app. Restarted phone. Nope. No luck.
Fantastic little app. The pictures are hauntingly beautiful. Simple interface (good). Needs TIFF uncompressed support. Hopefully it happens in a future release (soon). Recommended!
Crashes constantly when I choose images from the camera roll.
This app was a lifesaver for a long time. Today, however, it started to randomly crash when I selected a photo to use. I hope an update is released to fix this. Until then, I can't use the app.
Love the app but it over sharpens the eyes to almost eerie looking.
It crashes every time I am uploading a picture to edit. Any suggestions on how to solve this? Beyond that, I like the app.
Completely unusable. So bad I want my measly $.99 back.