Go Deeper into the Backcountry.
** ZDNet's 24 Best iPhone or iPad apps for 2017
** Featured in Apps for the Great Outdoors
** Featured in Apps for Outdoor Adventures
** Featured in Apps for Hiking and Camping
** Featured in Offline Hiking and Travel
** Featured in Get Outside
** Featured in Apps for Plan Your Summer Vacation
"Topo Maps+ is your best backcountry companion" -- TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog)
Dream Less, Adventure More! Download Topo maps for offline use while deep in the backcountry.
NEVER GET LOST AGAIN
Combine GPS with downloaded topo maps and you can view you current location on a topo map even when you are at that perfect hidden mountain lake that is days from the nearest the cell tower. Use the GPS and compass on your iPhone to see your current location and to align the map with the direction you are looking.
(GPS and compass work without an internet connection.)
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
View your offline maps and current location just by glancing down at your wrist. You no longer need to pull your iPhone out of your bag to check your position.
Easily download USGS, MapBox, NRCAN/GEOBC, Thunderforest, and Satellite maps so you can use the maps offline while deep in the backcountry.
PLAN YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Be prepared for that awesome journey through majestic mountains, down flower ladened valleys, and over craggy passes. Trace routes to find approximate distances and elevation profiles between locations. After tracing a route on a topo map you can view that route on the Satellite map.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps for the USA. USGS topo maps are the ultimate map for hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, and other outdoor activities. They have the details you need while in the backcountry.
* Detailed USGS 7.5 minute topo maps with stunning relief shading for the USA. This gorgeous relief shading makes the USGS topo maps much easier to read and use.
* NRCAN/GEOBC topo maps for southern and western Canada.
* Thunderforest outdoor map has contour lines, trail, and outdoor features for the whole world.
* Glacier Topo map has world wide hiking and biking trails.
* MapBox Terrain is a beautiful elevation and land-use layer for the entire world, visualizing hills and elevation contour lines.
* MapBox Satellite offers highly-detailed imagery for the whole world.
* MapBox Street map is an ideal map for urban use and getting to the trail head.
* New Zealand Topo Maps from LINZ.
* US NOAA Marine Maps
* Partial US National Park Visitor Maps
* Partial US Forest Service Maps
* Download maps for use offline.
* Easily trace routes to find approximate distance between locations.
* Add waypoints to maps.
* Print maps just in case something happens to your iOS device. If you don’t have an airprint printer you can email yourself the map and print it from another computer.
* Trace over a trail on a topo map and then visualize that trail with the MapBox terrain and satellite maps.
* View your current location on the map, even if you are offline.
* Use the compass to orientate the map so you know which direction to go.
* Record your trip to see your distance, elevation profile, and average speed.
* With downloaded maps you can go deeper and farther into the backcountry without being worried about having an internet connection.
SHARE, IMPORT, & EXPORT
* Share routes, trips, and waypoints with your friends.
* Share custom map images
* Export routes, trips, and waypoints to KML & GPX files to use in other apps.
* Import routes and waypoints from KML or GPX files.
* Organize your routes, trips, and waypoints with beautiful tags.
* Share tags with your friends so they can import the data into Topo Maps+ or into another app via a KML or GPX file.
* Sync your routes, trips, subscriptions, and waypoints between all of your iOS devices.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The applications Topo Maps+ was published
in the category Navigation on 2013-07-30 and
was developed by Glacier Peak Studios LLC.
The file size is 112.75 MB.
The current version is 4.5 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
- Tags are now Categories.
- Root categories no longer show sub categories.
- You can view categories as folders, small images, or full images.
- All new partial US Forest Service 2106 topographic map. This is a very nice and updated outdoor topographic map for the US.
- Bug fixes.
If you enjoy using Topo Maps+ would you consider leaving a review on the App Store? It helps a lot!
This app is great..it would be awesome if you made this for android devices as well.i would certainly buy it again for my android phone and my friends and family would too because they're all on androids not apple iPads/IPhones so you would get a lot of buyers there as well.
I used this app as a free service when it first came out years ago. Three years ago I paid for the plus version to get better resolution. This is an excellent value for a very reasonable price. I highly recommend!
Easy to navigate with good detail. Useful for pre-planning adventures.
Been using it for years and it just keeps getting better as it should, but beyond expectations. Couldn't ask for better customer help either.
Works great, one thing I wish they included was your altitude, but for free I can't complain.
it would b a great app,if you complete it....
Lost our way after red peak summit. Relied on this app to get us back on track.
Great app and user interface with some really cool features, but cannot download map segments for off-network use even when given hours on an 85 MBps wifi connection. Downloads about 1MB per hour and then eventually stalls. Very disappointed I signed up for premium features since the app is relatively useless if you intend to use in remote areas without cell service.
Easy to use and accurate all over the world.
Just love it. Good map for hunting or touring on new trails
This app has been great out in the mountains here in Utah as it has many different types of maps. I can use the Topo map to find springs and look at steepness then switch over to a satellite map for finding my way around new places. All around an easy to use, great app.
This was one of my favorite apps for the backcountry, but Glacierpeakstudios is now charging 5 times more ($50) for a year of high definition maps. Now looking into different options...
I love the tools this provides, the detail, and the ability to improve my compass orienteering. This has become part of my systems.
The download capabilities are fantastic and the multiple types (topo, satellite...) are very handy. I like how you can plan a route on the fly and easily get elevation and distance. Awesome tool.
It is refreshing to have an app work as advertised! Cannot recommend enough! Have thrown all my maps away.....just get it!
As an avid hiker, I don't know what I'd do without this app! Finally made my iPhone have value in the middle of the woods.
I have used this app and a very popular app for hunters through the last year. I found myself using this one more and more until it was a few months until I even opened the other app. Great for scouting both before entering the woods and while you're in. The recent update with the overlays is helpful.
Like the app. Good quality topography. Printable maps. Blaze your own trail
I've used this in the Texas Hill Country, spot on. No issues.