For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It's a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth and input/output support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Universal app with all device orientations supported
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Plucked Strings
The applications TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome was published
in the category Music on 2012-02-18 and
was developed by Sonosaurus LLC.
The file size is 62.90 MB.
The current version is 1.5.3 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
v1.5.3 restores output-only option for bluetooth use in older versions of iOS, and fixes a few late-breaking bugs...
Feature updates and bug-fixes and from v1.5.2 included:
- Added auto-transpose feature back in for sound selection
- Improved bluetooth speaker output support
- Added option to allow bluetooth mic input, disabled by default so that most bluetooth speakers will work as desired. If the mic input from a bluetooth device is desired, enable this option. Removed the output-only option because this new option gets rid of the need for it.
- Arrow button in top-left of record sidebar now closes it (as well as swipe left)
- Added visual metronome flashing to tab bar on all pages
- Added 3D Touch shortcuts to start on specific page
- Add quarter/half note triplets subdivisions to /4 and /2 meters
- File browsing behavior updated, doesn't auto-play now when selecting (unless already playing).
- Added Trim feature which trims selected range to new file or replacing existing
- Added "Select" button which lets you multiple select items for export or deletion. If multiple items are selected for export it will make a ZIP archive and export that.
- Added option to make compressed audio (AAC) files when exporting audio
- Playing audio files keeps app alive in the background (like the metronome)
- Added duration indicator when recording
- Added introductory information for some features.
- Some VoiceOver fixes, and added special tuning data text capture feature (double-tap and hold target tuner on Tuner page to toggle it on/off, only when VoiceOver is on). This was requested by a blind user.
- Fixed multi-touch issue on pitch wheel
- Various metronome fixes
Apple Watch app changes:
- Reordered watch pages, to focus on most likely used features (metronome)
- Added meter and subdiv adjusting feature to Watch app
- Added Sound page to Watch app. Set the desired note with the note/octave pickers, or pressing the current tuner indicator button to set it to the most recently heard note.
- Added dedicated haptic count-in feature on watch (force touch on met page). This is independent from the phone metronome.
- Added Met Presets page to watch. Force press to change preset groups. Changing preset with the digital crown dial will go into affect when met is started (or if changed while already started). Swiping up/down also changes preset.
Please remember to update your reviews and ratings for the new version. Also, we want your feedback and suggestions. It really helps us better meet your needs.
Contact us at [email protected] with any ideas, thoughts or concerns. As always, thank you for your support!
This is the only app that has this many capabilities and performs all functions well. Very happy.
Good app well put together and easy to use.
This is the best tuner I've ever used
The app should change its icon, it seems quite out dated for current OS. Other than that it’s a great app and works for a lot of things .
All in all a great app totally worth the money!
This app is unbelievably detailed and well-designed. It's so versatile that it can hardly be considered just a tuner app. It contains a wide variety of temperaments, and it will allow you to create some of your own. It contains just about (if not) every time signature you'll ever come across. The metronome also allows you to choose which beats are accented and which beats you'd like to take out. The app also allows you to analyze the overtones of a sound, record sounds, generate tones using sine/saw/square waves or the timbre of different musical instruments, and SO much more. I definitely think this app is a luxury that many musicians ought to know about.
I have been using the TE Tuner for a few years now and it is the best tuner I own. From being able to tune A to any frequency, to having click tracks with any beat syncopation and timing, to offering multiple digital instrument sounds and my favorite the spectrum graph that can be used to tune an audio environment, the TE Tuner has it all!! Constantly updated and has never crashed. Great app!
Versatile and effective tool for all pitch and sound related diagnostics.
TE tuner is a very helpful tuner that provides many features such as a tuner, metronome and many more. I get so exited about this app, because it has everything a musician could ask for- for free! I would definitely suggest this app for any and all musicians.
I am a freshman, and I play flute in my schools marching band. I practice 24/7 and this app has helped so much! You get many functions, more than just a metronome and tuner! I would recommend for anyone who practices often.
#iPhone #TopApps #50: TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome -
#iPhone #TopApps #38: TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome -
As a barbershopper, this app makes it possible to focus on keeping tonal center with visual feedback that's easy to understand. Add the the metronome and its the perfect practice aid for any style of music or instrument.
Great for band class great for recording concerts!!
App is excellent!!!! Only thing is, since about the end of May, the TE Tuner randomly turns on the mic when the app is COMPLETELY CLOSED (It's not even open in the background). A red bar comes up on the top of the screen that says that TE Tuner is using the mic. It shows up for about 3 seconds and then turns off. This has happened at least three or four times in the two weeks week. I've double checked to be sure it's not running in background. I haven't even used the tuner in two weeks! So one star off for that. Other wise great!
Don't even think for a second that this tuner will work with your watch. It doesn't exist and none of these companies are honest about that They are ruining the reputation of this watch with their stupid deceitful apps!
I FKN H8 DIS SHIZ
Really works well. I use it daily. It is even more useful now that I have a cord to allow use in band.
Best I've found
So many features I have yet to use them all. Great for simple tuner and metronome practicing.
Is the best. This tuner helped me realize that my Bluetooth speaker has a latency issue causing all my audio to be a couple cents flat... Interesting.
It does literally everything.