LA Times: Your California News App Description & Overview
With the Los Angeles Times iOS app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, you get our exclusive in-depth reporting on the stories that matter to you most.
You'll find our unique California take on politics, world events, education, the environment, crime, the economy, business and more. Follow your favorite L.A. sports teams with our complete coverage of the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Dodgers, USC and UCLA. Get the latest on the world of entertainment direct from Hollywood's hometown news source. Keep up with the ever-changing L.A. arts and nightlife scene. And we've just added Jonathan Gold's 101 Best Restaurants (free for digital subscribers, or available for a $2.99 one-time in-app purchase), so you can take L.A.'s best dining guide with you whenever you go out.
The story begins here.
• Stay in the know: Sign up for push notifications to get the latest breaking news from our newsroom
• Section-to-section swiping: Easily browse through section fronts without leaving your page
• Customizable navigation: Add, remove or rearrange section fronts organized by topic
• Save for later: Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Browse your way: Turn your tablet device sideways for an entirely different visual experience (iPad only)
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• Jonathan Gold's 101 Best Restaurants: Browse our Pulitzer Prize-winning critic's favorite places to eat, find them on a map and save them for later
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app and to latimes.com; then it's only $7.99 a month.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• If you’re a current digital subscriber, sign in with your email address and password to get unlimited access to the app’s content. If you're a current print subscriber, activate your account at latimes.com/activate to get unlimited app access before you sign in to the app.
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to latimes.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 213-347-5300.
TECHNICAL HELP AND ASSISTANCE:
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you are experiencing crashes or freezes after installing our update, please contact us at [email protected] A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
- Bug fixes
Do you like LA Times: Your California News apps? Please share!
LA Times: Your California News App Tips & Tricks
LA Times: Your California News Screenshots
LA Times: Your California News Video
LA Times: Your California News Reviews
Great, intuitive format! I love how easy it is to find what I'm interested in and just read it. It has become my go-to enewspaper!
The L.A. Times app. Is not corrected after I was told to reload the app. A flashing advertisement of Canada has returned.
The tech. People need to discover the remedy.
Needs to be easier to navigate to sections and scan to different articles. See the Washington post website for ideas in better user interface design. That said, it loads quickly. The briefings I get through email are a great service and the content is stellar.
We have to be armed with the truth to fight this dishonest presidential administration.
Doesn't remember login
Latest update requires me to login at each use - content still great but not remembering login is annoying.
Like paper version better
This app works to help stay connected when on the road, but it is different than the paper version. Different content. I miss some of the local items in this app version.
Enjoy the paper through out your day.
This app works
I've been frustrated with the browser interface to help LAT but the app doesn't make me feel the same way.
I love having a choice!
Sometimes I don't have time to sit and read the paper in the morning and the digital version allows me to read it during the day and sends me notifications that I have an interest in. Happy camper!
Beautiful, easy to navigate site
I love this beautiful, easy to navigate site. I appreciate the excellent reporting and great features.
By Tokyo Jim
Hate hate hate the way half the links you click on just take you out of the app and into Safari. Don't do that! And when you exit an article, suddenly you're at a different place in the index. Grrrr!