iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone fuses innovative song creation with the iconic MPC workflow. It’s a powerhouse in your pocket. Whether you’re using the powerful sampler, dropping in some vocals, or integrating an Audio Unit, you’re sure to find everything you need.
Within the audio tracks, you can time warp, pitch shift, and rearrange your audio clips in real time. The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. You can choose from multiple input sources to record, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces, and IAA.
AUDIO UNIT TRACKS:
You can now load any Audio Units instrument into an Audio Unit Track! Control your AU instrument with a classic piano keyboard interface and an iMPC interface with note variation, Flux Link, Note Repeat, 16 Levels, and more. The app also features an improvement to the workflow for song creation. Song sequencing is faster, more powerful, and more flexible, so you have complete creative control.
100% NEW SOUND KIT AND MORE:
Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone, these kits cover some of the most iconic and cutting-edge beat genres available, from a range of beloved producers, all chosen from the Akai Professional vault. Each kit includes samples featuring sounds from punchy 808’s to melodic hits and stabs, designed for the best user experience possible.
The app also comes with 4 additional Sound Packs for FREE (valued at $20). Grab these packs in the AudioCopy Content Store: Bryson’s Soul, Dark Swang, and Metro Bang. iMPC University students have the opportunity to earn an additional Sound Pack, The Diploma! You can use them in hundreds of AudioCopy compatible apps (including iMPC for iPhone).
Unlock producer secrets and learn how to become a full fledged song creator with this tutorial series. iMPCU unlocks one course per day and gives you the tools you need to take your music to the next level. Fun for both new and experienced users, iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone offers an expansive dive into the world of beatmaking and song editing through these courses. We’re excited for you to try it!
- Record from built in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, instruments, etc.
- Record from Inter App Audio Apps
- Warp Tracks and Clips to match tempo
- Access several quick editing features on Audio Clips (Pitch shift, Time Stretch, Amplify, Crop, Split, Duplicate)
- Drag to arrange Audio Clips, snap them to an adjustable grid setting
- Advanced waveform editing
- Audio Unit tweak mode with full keyboard support (including 2 dozen scale modes from Chromatic to Blues to Aeolian)
- 100% New Sound Set, with 4 additional free Sound Packs
- Sample sounds from Spotify
- 64 Track Mixer with EQ and 4 FX sends (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange, and one Inter App Audio Effect)
- Chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing samples
- Tracks View shows an overview of all the tracks in your song
- 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of sounds
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Time correct: 1/8 note - 1/32T with variable swing
- MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note - 1/32T timing with latch
- IAA and Ableton Link support
- Share beats and songs seamlessly to YouTube
- 4 Mute Groups and custom-designed envelope filters for all pads
- AudioCopy and AudioPaste support
- Improved integration and support for iMPC Pro Packs and other Sound Packs from the AudioCopy Content Store
- Expert MIDI support including expanded options, multiple maps, and more
- Extensive undo/redo capabilities
- New Song Arrangement workflow and integrated Song Mode makes song creation easier than ever
- Drag entire Folders and Sound Packs directly to pads to load many sounds at once
The applications iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone was published
in the category Music on 2018-12-10 and
was developed by Akai Professional.
The file size is 189.17 MB.
The current version is 2.1 and works well on
9.0 and high ios versions.
Here's the list of improvements for Pro 2! Need help? Email [email protected] If you're enjoying this update, we'd love if you rate the app.
- We’ve added numerous AU stability fixes and performance improvements!
- AU keyboard can now go to higher octaves.
- Be alerted if your project is missing an AudioUnit when you load it.
- Export mute groups to MPC Desktop.
- Access your Spotify playlists now.
- Fix bug in which all AUv3 parameters would appear in Timeline>Params if one automation lane was added.
- Fix crash on cancelling AudioCopy export.
- Fix crash caused by toggling between AUTO/GRID slicing when in the middle of an edit.
- Fix unicode-related crash when exporting to MPC Desktop.
- MPCPro Pack selector automatically dismissed when switching from drum track to another type.
- Fix unresponsive note grid pulldown in audio tracks.
- Strict enforcement of monophonic pad behavior in 16 levels mode.
- Audio tracks no longer echo the old recording as you record over it.
- Last remaining sequence in song is cleared if user attempts to delete it.
Dope is soap in the soup mix community cheese soon
Really dig this version compared to the original. I’m wondering if the iPhone version is different from the iPad version.
Scam with the AudioCopy!!!! Reading the help menu it states that you can download additional iMPC PRO Packs content from AudioCopy and there would be no change???? Did exactly what they said and guess what?!!! I was charged and now I cannot get a refund even though I didn’t download the sounds yet!!!!! Apple store says no refund!!!!!! Not cool!!!!
The learning curve is not so easy on this app... i wish Retronyms could eliminate all the bugs from the iPhone version cause sometimes the glitches are distracting and frustrating. Nonetheless is a cool app for sampling and programing drums!!
Hello Akai makers, I have the both iMPC app and the iMPC pro 2 app and I love them both. I made lots of songs on the iMPC and I would like to take those songs and edited them on the IMPC pro 2 app. Is there a way you can make that happen?
The first iMPC was cool but I never made anything not dj Sounding with it. With iMPCpro2 i make music. I use it live from my iPad/iPhone when it’s a surprise loop sets and solo guitar to producing hood rat beats for my friends. Now with I phone u can literally have a studio in your pocket.
I’m using an iPhoneXR. When trying to import sounds from audio paste and cataloging my samples they do not appear in the folders I assign them to. Sampling from inter app audio works half of the time.
I purchased this app to create music. However, upon opening the app, I realize NONE of the beat pads work upon opening a new project or even a demo project. I hit “New sound” under the Tweak tab and it crashes the app. I can’t place any new sounds to the pads because it crashes the app. I can’t even hear the sounds on demo projects because nothing plays or reacts. What’s up with this app?? I’m on iPhone 7 and have the phone updated to current iOS as well.
The only thing that I find lacking is the lack of Bluetooth midi connect ability. Maybe there can be an update to the app where it will except Bluetooth midi. GarageBand uses midi Korg uses midi so why not MPC pro.? Thanks for listening.
Read carefully before purchasing this app. It is not intuitive and in no way replaces sequencers both in the box or hardware. Garage band is free and will give you better results and will be far more intuitive. If you do purchase it will be too small for iPhone use.
The reason I bought this was for its ability to chop samples from Spotify.. Not only is this ability extremely limited (it selects a random 30 seconds form a song you pick, and for some reason you can only access a few of your randomly selected playlists) but now when I go into my Spotify to select songs none of them actually show up or work!! Please fix this as this is why I bought the app! Also when I was able to chop samples out there is no way to auto fade the ends of the samples. So they either clip extremely, or I have to manually go and fade out each tiny little sample I assign to all 64 pads... This is really not what I expected from this app. Very disappointed.. Please rectify all this and I will change my rating..
I really wanted to like this, and wanted it to be better than the old iMPC. I’ve worked with Korg Gadget, and just wanted an extension to this with more intuitive sampling looping and beat making. I don’t want to use any of the included packs just sample my own stuff. I was continually deleting slice points etc and just generally lost in the interface, just couldn’t get my head around what to do how to build up kits etc. The real time effects seem good, but I just can’t be bothered getting my material in to the program to use them. Unfortunately deleted on day one.
Disappointed that this process wasn’t easier. Can’t find free packs for downloading early.
Has all the features of impc pro 2, but somehow it fits in my phone.
Couple glitches while playing long samples but other than that kept me distracted from my switch for a while without even me noticing so giving props for that
The most powerful sampler on the go. Big improvements over the last version
An update to the original iMPC was desperately needed. Don’t expect to much more than a slimmed down version of the IPad rendition. It does in fact work and if you are familiar with the workflow, you’ll see that pretty much nothing has changed except the screen real estate. Perfect for grinding out some beats when you have spare time away from the lab. In my opinion much more than an impulse buy or something to just add to your collection of apps you never really use. This is essential for beatsmiths with Iphones.
I love the new beat maker MPC pro too it’s awesome there are just a few minor things but just to start with is that ableton link freezes the app.
Not even a day in and I’m already satisfied. I got half off for preordering, and now I’m making nice beats. Those 5 dollars were definitely worth it.
THIS THING IS AMAZING! This is everything I hoped it would be and SO much more. This is a beautiful app!
The app crashes after sampling from iTunes... 🥺