"Decibel X PRO" is one of very few sound meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports frequency weightings: ITU-R 468, A and C. It turns your iOS device into a professional noise meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X PRO" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
The applications Decibel X PRO: dBA Noise Meter was published
in the category Utilities on 2017-07-10 and
was developed by SkyPaw Co. Ltd.
The file size is 20.95 MB.
The current version is 6.6.0 and works well on
8.0 and high ios versions.
● Adds support for running natively on Apple Watch. Decibel X will now measure directly using Watch's microphone instead of pairing results from phones
● Adds support for the new iPad Pro
● Adds show/hide usage tooltips button at the main screen
● Fixes BAR graph issue which shows incorrect frequency axes
● Fixes an issue of small overlay GUI in landscape
● Fixes a bug when recording audio twice may cause a crash
● Fixes many UI issues for iPad
● A lot of performance improvements and bug fixes
● Component upgrades
Thanks for using Decibel X! Please be sure to rate this new version and leave us a review on the App Store. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improving Decibel X.
I really enjoyed using this app for many different uses. However, since the last update it crashes as soon as it starts up. I’m about to bail and find another app. No response from developer when contacted either. Pretty salty about spending money on this, only to have it be a waste. Running on latest IOS on 8+.
I have an iPhone 7 Plus with latest iOS and this sometimes crashes every time I try to open it. If I delete and reinstall it, it works again for a while. One thing it seems is if I change the theme it will crash right away and I have to reinstall again. Otherwise it’s a great app and I use it at work which is occupational health.
Compared to purpose built spectrum analyzers this app falls off considerably from the mids on up. The response time for the spectrum is also way too slow for the kind of money their asking. Spector is on Android gives a faster, more realistic response. Nice app, just a bit disappointing.
Uninstall and reinstall gets it working again!
As I’ve seen one other review with the latest upgrade since December 2018 the app is now crashing at start up. I have tried many times like five or 6+ times and it does not start. I am using a iPhone 6S with latest IOS version. I have reported it with an email and have yet to hear a response. The other reviewer states should we just burn this bridge or is the developer you send an update to fix this. I hope the developer wakes up and resolves this. Anyone else have these issues please notify developer. Other than that I would like to write this is a five star app!!! Has been a great app for a couple of years.
I just upgraded to the paid version and the app will not even open. The screen flashed and goes back to the apple home screen. Completely useless.
I used this app a lot, but it has stopped working since the update. I contacted the developer 2 weeks ago but still have not heard back from them
After paying $6 for the pro version of the app, it opened once... then never opened again! A waste of money!
This one helps me protect my nerve-damaged hearing. If it weren’t for the occasional crash, I would give it five stars. My other nit-pick applies to this and other decibel apps: they all report marginally to significantly different levels in the same environments. I’d love to know which is most accurate. Decibel X Pro, though, is easily my favorite. I like the interface, the ability to record, and the quick and easy-to-read comparisons to noise levels in various environments.