Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Puffin Web Browser, Dolphin Web Browser or iCabMobile instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]
The applications Mirror for Sony Smart TV was published
in the category Photo & Video on 2017-11-03 and
was developed by AirBeamTV BV.
The file size is 117.66 MB.
The current version is 3.3.1 and works well on
11.0 and high ios versions.
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Finally working. Don’t frustrate yourself trying to do yourself. Customer support is quick via email. Tutorials are worthless and confusing between the stupid Sony TV app And then theirs on your device. Need to be walked through various settings. Works good now.
Works like magic. I don’t have Apple TV so I couldn’t mirror my device. This app is perfect. Works every time!!
It works ok. Don’t like how it records what you are mirroring to your tv. There is a delay. Then he kept booting me off and then my pages would not reload. I like my casting way better cause that wouldnt disconnect. But it wouldn’t connect with my iPad. I’d request a refund if able to😡
Love this app. When I’ve taken a bunch of pics with my phone, this app is great to show the whole family at once on the big screen. You can zoom and even turn sideways for landscape. LOVE. IT!
So I bought a sony TV like 5 years ago. I legit tried everything to get my iPhone to screen mirror without buying all these cables. It was so easy! Obviously I made sure that my phone and tv were connected to WiFi. I downloaded the app and refreshed to find my TV and it finally happened!!! I’m so happy. Now I can do my Nike training club workouts on the TV and everything. There is a delay from my phone to the TV however I mute my phone and I don’t know the difference!! Thanks so much app developers. Best $5 ever.
The customer service and tech support is phenomenal. They were able to address my issue but the problem is that it just keeps happening. The app couldn’t find my tv even though everything was connected properly and I ended up having to restart my modem and unplug and reload my tv. I used the app for a few moments and then when I tried to use it later on the same problem occurred. I don’t want to have to reset my modem and tv every time I use the app. Needless to say this is not worth $5 and I’m pretty upset that I even spent the $5 in the first place... also please be aware any app that plays tv or video will have DMR and you won’t be able to watch it with screen recording. You can watch YouTube but if you have a smart tv you can do that anyway. DONT DOWNLOAD.
I cannot mirror my ipad. All apps are blocked. Should have stated in description that the app wasn’t for apple products. Want my five bucks back.
I was able to connect my iPhone to my Sony TV easily. The TV was showing my phone screen and everything seemed to be going well, even though there was about a ten second delay between the phone and the TV which can definitely be annoying at times. However, when I tried to play Netflix, the TV simply did not show the video. The TV screen froze but the audio continued. After exiting out of Netflix, everything went back to normal. This is unfornutate because the reason I downloaded this app was to play Netflix on the TV so I do not strain my eyes looking at my tiny phone screen. This is a very odd issue and it needs to be fixed, otherwise I want a full refund.
This app didn’t work at first. I tried to troubleshoot it myself for almost an hour. I send Support a message with some screenshots after I gave up on it. I didn’t expect to hear back from them within minutes. They asked me to emailing them the log file from the app (I didn’t even know there was one). They suggested to reboot everything (with details instructions). I thought, here we go, make me jump trough hoops for nothing because already rebooted everything but the TV. After the complete reboot, it has the same problem…but when I was typing my report to support, it started working. Once the connection is made, it was very stable, it didn’t crash the entire hour when I was using it. I am very happy with it and very surprised by how fast the support was. Thanks for your help!
Does not work with an iPhone and a Sony blu Ray smart dvd. 😩