codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids App Description & Overview
codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! This award-winning app has been downloaded and played by over 4 million kids in 201 countries.
codeSpark Academy teaches the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in Foo Studio.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* New content every month.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles and you can cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Association of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching and Learning
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our creative space Foo Studio allows kids to put programming concepts to work by making video games and programming interactive stories. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try for free. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time. Subscription is $7.99/month.
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
Spring is in Fooville
Cherry blossoms have appeared
New updates are here:
- New Foo Studio shop items: White Ninja, cherry blossom background and stickers
- Nine brand new levels starring Naomi the Ninja Foo
- Foo stickers for iMessage
- Added FAQ link in the Parent Portal
- Bug Fixes and optimizations
The new levels will be available in the app over the new few weeks. If you encounter any problems, please email [email protected] If you’re enjoying the new updates, please leave us a review.
Do you like codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids apps? Please share!
codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids App Tips & Tricks
codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids Screenshots
codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids Video
codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids Reviews
By Omg rosa
It's teaches all kids stragidies and coding and it's a fun way to learn that without teaching the students how to do it since the app teaches coding for the children
All paid now...
My daughter began playing when she was 4, right after it was released and always loved it. Then it became a subscription and while I am not opposed to paying, $8.00/mo is too much! So, I am very sorry to say I will remove the app and look for another. Seriously, $8.00 a month? A bit greedy...
I love it!
Matthew says the Foos is my favorite game. I like the Ninja. I love to make levels. Boolean logic and stacking is fun
Bought for my kid...
...but I play it all time. 👍🏾
Wonderful Introduction to coding
I have been using this app with my first and second grade Technology students, across 3 schools. Most kids seem to really like the Foos, but some get frustrated by the lack of assistance and hints (other than what I can help them with).
As an educator, I do like how I can set up individual classes and can lock them out of worlds before they are ready, but with the fact that children change classes or schools, it would be nice to be able to delete students or move them from class to class, rather than having to create new accounts. Also, having a simple password on the class screen would help to keep other (or unauthorized) students from going into an account that is not theirs.
I do really like the app though, and will continue using it next school year!
Clever and fun
My 7 year old loves this game.
I love it
In Love with Coding
By Mrs.Mac's Class
My students LOVE this app! They look forward to Foos days. They are learning coding skills and using the lingo.
Excellent customer service.
Our kinder kids got to try this out this year and the LOVE it! They've tried other coding programs, but always go back to The Foos. Please make an app for the Mac!
We've had our Kinder kids on this coding program this year, as well as tried a few others. They love this one the best! They are learning problem solving skills, mouse clicking, drag and drop, and enjoying friendly competition. This is in technology class, we have all Macs, so please make an app for Mac next!
Inspires coding excitement
By ATX Librarian
The Foos codespark Academy app has been an awesome resource for my kindergarten through 6th grade students. It's fun, engaging, and educational. I am so grateful for this free app for educators!