WhatsApp Messenger App Description & Overview
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now ask Siri to read your latest messages (iOS 10.3+)
• Visual improvements to the Calls tab, Contact Info and Group Info screens
• In the My Updates screen, you can now select multiple statuses at once and forward or delete them
• Support for Persian
Do you like WhatsApp Messenger apps? Please share!
WhatsApp Messenger App Tips & Tricks
WhatsApp Messenger Screenshots
WhatsApp Messenger Reviews
By P Bits
Whatsapp has finally become user friendly & multi functional with encryption available.
I love being able to stay in contact with friends and family overseas. The voice calls have a bit of a lag, but messages are so easy. Great app!
Eu simplesmente uso diariamente sem problemas
Great app for travelers and their families!
This is a second time our family had used this app while traveling. It allows us to stay in touch without ridiculous, out-of-country cell phone fees.
Bring back short cut name
By Imgur addict too
LATEST UPDATE (April 2017) REMOVED SHORT CUT NAMES AGAIN??!!!
I loved creating and receiving unique nicknames! Please bring that back!!!!!
By joanna the scammer
It won't let me use 3D Touch. I can't preview my messages or an attachment like a video or photo.
By Negin samadi
Love this app
I want my contacts and my favorites back !!!
By Tan 68
Still need my contacts and my favorites back !! Please bring them back!! I was hoping it was in this update!!
Great app including for int'l communication
Still no iPad app and idiotic set-up for macOS
Who are the idiots who restrict the WhatsApp to iPhones only? I want to seamless switch between iPhone and iPad, but I can't because of idiots at WhatsApp.
The worst thing is macOS app, requiring the QR-code link-up with iPhone every time I launch the app after booting up the Mac. The link-up is often flaky and disruptive.
Telegram is soooooooo much better and allows me to use my phone number to seamlessly connect the app in iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Who uses the WhatsApp should switch to different and much better message apps like Telegram, etc.
Here's my middle finger to WhatsApp and the idiots at Facebook!
Like it so far