SkyCaddie Mobile by SkyGolf: Golf GPS/GameTracker App Description & Overview
Try SkyCaddie Mobile Premium FREE for 14 days!
Now you can enjoy all the features of SkyCaddie Mobile Premium risk-free during a 14 day free trial and see for yourself why SkyCaddie is the most trusted rangefinder in golf! To start your trial, just download the app and create an account.
Golfers who prefer to use their smartphone as their GPS device of choice, or supplement the course information not provided by their GPS watch, or just use it when their trusted SkyCaddie is not available, can benefit from the same high-precision, best-in-class course maps that made SkyCaddie the rangefinder trusted by more serious golfers than all other rangefinders combined.
• Access to SkyCaddie’s worldwide course map library: Find course ratings, scorecards and other helpful course information such as prices, dress code and more!
• Hole by Hole Scoring: Easily record your round as you play.
• Basic Stat Tracking: Track Score, Fairways Hit, Greens in Regulation and Putts to analyze performance after a round.
• Integrated Camera: Capture highlights and special moments during or after play to relive in the 19th Hole, share with friends or the entire SkyGolf 360 community.
• Integrated Notes: Document a great shot, save special memories, or record a helpful strategy to remember or share with the SkyGolf 360 community.
Premium Features (Requires in-app upgrade after 14 day free trial)
• Interactive HoleVue in Vivid HD: Provides an eagle’s view of the entire hole and the distances needed to any point from tee to green to avoid hazards and play smart golf.
• Integrated Targets: Up to 40 geo-referenced targets per hole are integrated within HoleVue. Simply pinch and zoom HoleVue to seamlessly reveal the critical distances to all hazards, carries and layups — not just a few calculated layup yardages provided in other apps.
• Detailed Green Information: View the exact shape of the green and get distances to the Front, Center and Back from anywhere on the course regardless of the angle of approach.
• Manual Shot Tracking: Use this feature to track every shot on the course and the app automatically captures your score and stats, along with your club performance including distance and accuracy.
• Auto-Hole Advance: Stay focused on playing golf and eliminate the distraction of manual hole changes. Just play and let the app automatically advance to the next hole so the distances needed for the next shot are always ready.
• SkyGolf 360 Premium Membership: SkyGolf 360 is one of golf’s fastest growing online communities. As a Premium member, you have access to:
• Cloud Storage: View your scores and stats anywhere in the world from the palm of your hand with the SkyGolf 360 companion mobile app.
• Advanced Scoring and Stats: Track your game like a Pro with Advanced Stats including Driving Distance, Sand Saves Percentage, 3-Putt Avoidance, plus more!
• Advanced Reports and Charts: Use the in-depth tools to identify strengths and weaknesses in your game.
• Live Scoring: Share your round with friends and family in real time via SkyGolf 360.
Once you sign-up for SkyCaddie Mobile Premium after your 14 day trial period, your SkyCaddie Mobile Premium subscription is renewed automatically, unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions through your iTunes account.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Thank you for your continued support of SkyCaddie Mobile! Below is a summary of the new features and improvements included in this update.
• New “Sync” button provides an easy way for GameTracker customers to upload their shots
• New SkyCaddie SR1 support
• LINX GT auto hole advance improvements
• General bug fixes and performance improvements
If you have any questions or comments about the update, please email us at [email protected]
Do you like SkyCaddie Mobile by SkyGolf: Golf GPS/GameTracker apps? Please share!
SkyCaddie Mobile by SkyGolf: Golf GPS/GameTracker App Tips & Tricks
SkyCaddie Mobile by SkyGolf: Golf GPS/GameTracker Screenshots
SkyCaddie Mobile by SkyGolf: Golf GPS/GameTracker Video
SkyCaddie Mobile by SkyGolf: Golf GPS/GameTracker Reviews
Not worth the $ without Apple Watch
This app is nice, and I enjoyed it. However, now that I have an Apple Watch, I'm going to be using another app until SkyCaddie releases a watch app.
NEED APPLE WATCH APP! Not worth the $$$
Getting extremely discouraged with your app, tired of waiting on iwatch compatibility.
Apple Watch GPS needed!!
By Tampa Dan
I have my Apple Watch, but need SkyCaddy to be available on my watch. My watch is so convenient, but so far no SkyCaddie watch app.
What are you waiting for?
App crashes on three different devices. Totally worthless without the app....
App crashes on three different devices. Totally worthless without the app....
Needs Apple Watch
Hard to call a golf distance app "premium" without having Apple Watch capability. C'mon SkyGolf, don't over think it. Just
Simple front, center, back distances would be a huge improvement. I love my
SkyCaddie and use this app if I am traveling and renting clubs (don't have my caddie with me). Why not an Apple Watch app??? Charge me $5 and I'd even pay that on top of the subscription fees I already pay you (which almost NO ONE else requires).
Can't zoom in on the green to fill up your phone screen. Plus distances are off compared to my range finder. Needs improvement. At least I don't have to send in my phone to have the battery replaced, every year like I've had to do with my skycaddie touch gps units. And have them return it to me and it still doesn't work.
Crashes - update
By Dan Schirm
They finally got to my issue and with some very good back and forth communication I can once again use the app. Still some improvements that can be made so upped my rating to only a 4 star but it makes a great companion app for my Linx Watch. 👍
For almost two weeks now I have not been able to use the app. It crashes every time I try to access a course. I've been "told" they will look into it but nothing but crickets so far.
Why would I?
Can't believe you're charging extra for the same app which at least 5 other suppliers offer FREE!!
work fine - nothing special
it doesn't auto advance - from home to hole and if you security turned on - it makes you put your password in over and over.
This app records and and stores them on the web without issues. I would like to see the app ask for a starting hole. If you start on 10 when you get to 18 the app thinks your done unless you move it back to hole 1. Posted after 30+ rounds
Room for improvement
By Strato Tull
I use the app as part of the Linxvue product (uses GPS date from watch rather than phone). I had used an SG-3.5 for 5 previous seasons and loved it.
I'll start by saying it works, but you have to massage it
Likes- graphics are great and like the interactive holevue feature for measuring things from where you are not supposed to be.
Needs improvement- No demo or course preview mode. Hate that.
Intelligreen plus (contours) does not work. Similarly there is only one zoom level for the area around the green and it is not big enough.
Even using GPS boost I had to buy a battery case for my phone to make it through a round.
sync with watch recovers quickly if you walk out of Bluetooth range.
Trying to improve
Sky Caddie contacted me and continues to work thru the issues.
A lot of the issues are user errors both in the set up of the accounts and using the device.
The documentation could be better and the online support could be improved but once you contact them they will work very hard to make things right.
They corrected the billing issue I had.
The game tracker is working well now as is the GPS.
The app's give very good feedback on your game.
The issue with the courses not showing was because the course need to have HoleVue to use both gametracker and mobile SkyCaddie
They are mapping the courses in the next month.
I raised up to 4 stars. Holding one back for documentation.
I was contacted by skyCaddie and they are trying very hard to help resolve my issues. I'm hopeful the end result will be positive. moved the rating up to two stars and rising.
I purchased the gametracker, GT2 and premium app. Yes had to purchase since the free card did not work.
Documentation is bad and support does not exist.
First two courses did not come up even though the web site said they were mapped. 3rd time measurements were off by 20 yards compared to others I was playing with. Then it went haywire and could not lock on to where I was located.
4th time froze then could refine the course.
I was looking at this vs Arccos but chose this because of the batteries. Wrong choice